• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

So thursday I have an exam at 4pm, then on friday I have another one at 10am and the presentation is at 5am, what do I do, do I go to sleep early and wake up at 4.30 to watch the stream then study or do I hide myself from the internet until after the exam? I assume there will be a spoiler free switch thread, yes?

edit: well shit, the treehouse stream makes it even worse

edit: ah, never mind, it's way after the presentation

Why do they need to? Other companies do just fine keeping announcements for other events in the year while still announcing a substantial amount of games beforehand. There is no need for an all or nothing approach and every business company knows this.

Because they launching a console in March not around E3.

Well look at that, Treehouse gonna go HAM for us LEGGOOOO!

This adds a new wrinkle:
will preorders begin at the opening of business on Friday.. or immediately after the TreeHouse presentation?

I believe that we've seen some rumors for the U.S. stating online pre-orders start the night of the presentation. In-store would obviously be at the start of their business day.

So the upper limit for conference length is 90 minutes?

No.

Treehouse stream is the following morning.

I believe that we've seen some rumors for the U.S. stating online pre-orders start the night of the presentation. In-store would obviously be at the start of their business day.

I'm really hoping online preorders start on the 12th. Probably the only time I'll be available to snag one.

Moltenix

So thursday I have an exam at 4pm, then on friday I have another one at 10am and the presentation is at 5am, what do I do, do I go to sleep early and wake up at 4.30 to watch the stream then study or do I hide myself from the internet until after the exam? I assume there will be a spoiler free switch thread, yes?

Avoid the internet and watch it when ur good and ready.

Your exams are more important. Conference/treehouse etc will be available for your viewing pleasure. Just bookmark a spoiler free thread that will no doubt go up.

School is more important then this.

Just bookmark the presention and come back when your free.

Not quite, unless you want Nintendo to have an even weaker E3 showing than 2015.
Why should they care about E3. Im tired of this overrating E3. They need to show consumers they have games for the whole year ready.

They can save two or maybe 3 surprises for E3. They can show a trailer or Retros game next week and do a full reveal at E3, but they need to tell us pretty much all the games coming this year.

1) Couldn't give two hoots about a hybrid. And it seems like it might only be about 2-3x WiiU in console mode. Whoopdee doo!

2) Don't care

3) Zelda! Yes! 3d Mario - YES!

4) Don't care

5) Sort of interested

So overall, pretty meh really for anyone other than big Nintendo fans. Which as we know doesn't make a successful console.....although might be OK handheld wise.

I mentioned this in the other thread but having a conference in Japanese, when most of your market speaks English just shows how out of touch they are. For their new "next big thing" they needed a really good, english presentation to get people hyped. Overdubs are invariably bad.

I definitely understand and respect your opinion, but I'm not sure I understand equating your own personal feelings to meaning this is "meh" for "anyone" who isn't a big Nintendo fan. We'll see in due time how the Switch fares with general consumers.

Piscus

1) Couldn't give two hoots about a hybrid. And it seems like it might only be about 2-3x WiiU in console mode. Whoopdee doo!

2) Don't care

3) Zelda! Yes! 3d Mario - YES!

4) Don't care

5) Sort of interested

So overall, pretty meh really for anyone other than big Nintendo fans. Which as we know doesn't make a successful console.....although might be OK handheld wise.

I mentioned this in the other thread but having a conference in Japanese, when most of your market speaks English just shows how out of touch they are. For their new "next big thing" they needed a really good, english presentation to get people hyped. Overdubs are invariably bad.

Well, my hype is dead now.

sorry if this has already been answered, but has there been any rumors regarding whether pre-orders will go up next week?

Want to make sure I am available to pre-order on amazon as soon as it goes up.

sorry if this has already been answered, but has there been any rumors regarding whether pre-orders will go up next week?

Mostly like after the presentation. So Jan 13

You could see if they put them up on the 12 as well, I'm sure gaf will know the exact it will go up.

Typically pre-orders occur as soon as retailers have a date and price. I imagine pre-orders will happen next Friday morning, and possibly for online retailers like Amazon they could go up minutes after the event on Thursday night.

oti

Banned
Well, look at that. After telling you guys the presentation would be in Japanese I also told you there was going to be a TreeHouse stream to follow it up.

Do I win something?

Well, look at that. After telling you guys the presentation would be in Japanese I also told you there was going to be a TreeHouse stream to follow it up.

Do I win something?

You win my begrudging respect:

73U8w0h.gif

Do I win something?

You won a visit from the Nintendo Ninjas. They can't track down leakers anymore so they're settling for correct guesses.

thefro

It's pretty elegant how they've timed everything out
- Nintendo Switch Presentation
- Big media dump of info and trailers.
- Japanese media demos of Switch
- London media demos of Switch
- Treehouse Live
- NYC media demos of Switch
- Nintendo Switch Experience Day 1 in Japan
- London MyNintendo Switch demos
- NYC MyNintendo Switch demos
- Nintendo Switch Experience Day 2 in Japan

Basically whenever one ends the other will start up. I suspect we'll get a Niconico/Youtube stream of the music performances at the Switch experience at least, but they may have MCs and be demoing stuff on the stream potentially.

It's going to be like E3 with no break, at least for the first 30 hours.

It's pretty elegant how they've timed everything out
- Nintendo Switch Presentation
- Big media dump of info and trailers.
- Japanese media demos of Switch
- London media demos of Switch
- Treehouse Live
- NYC media demos of Switch
- Nintendo Switch Experience Day 1 in Japan
- Nintendo Switch Experience Day 2 in Japan

Basically whenever one ends the other will start up. I suspect we'll get a Niconico/Youtube stream of the music performances at the Switch experience at least, but they may have MCs and be demoing stuff on the stream potentially.

It's going to be like E3 with no break, at least for the first 30 hours.

30 hours of the Nintendo Switch... Gaf is gonna crash. How many individual Switch-related threads are we gonna see that day?

Nintendo Treehouse presentations have become a standard format that accompanies their big events since E3 2014. They even have them after some low-key Nintendo Directs now, and they sure went "in" these.
But this is for the new Nintendo Switch Console and new games.. not a lowkey direct. They goin IN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom