• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
MrlBCyr.gif

Day 15
Day 14
Day 13
Day 12
Day 11
Day 10
Day 9
Day 8

On other subject:

Right now we have 190 different participators in Smash Prediction contest. If you want to get free money or game, feel free to join and throw out some guesses. It would only take 2-5 minutes at most.

sanstesy

Nintendo Treehouse is great marketing. It keeps Nintendo in the social media talk long after the presentation has ended and as a result more people than usual take notice.

Moltenix

30 hours of the Nintendo Switch... Gaf is gonna crash. How many individual Switch-related threads are we gonna see that day?

One for every game
One for pricing and release date
One for every major feature/detail (battery life, OS, virtual console, etc)
Obligatory Nintendo is doomed and meltdown threads
Nintendo stock is up thread followed by a stock is down thread shortly after

Merry Switchmas!

foltzie1

One for every game

Merry Switchmas!

Gonna need that Gaf Gold account to get in when the main pages crash.

OmegaFax

I'm indifferent about Treehouse Live after last year's E3. It's probably at the fault of Nintendo for only focusing on mostly Wii U version of Breath of the Wild ... It was the Pokemon Sun/Moon demonstrations that dragged on and felt redundant and awkward (even for people new to the series).

It's really a matter of the impressions of people in New York and London (and wherever else Nintendo darted a pin on the map to host demonstration events) to give the rest of us feedback and sell us on this thing.

Nintendo ought to just make 100% damn sure that their main presentation and the simultaneous audio translations and overall internet broadcast go smooth and not underestimate the volume of people that may be tuning in to watch it.

One for every game

Merry Switchmas!

Sounds about right.

One for every game

Merry Switchmas!
Don't forget all the threads complaining about how there are way too many Switch related threads.

Phoenixus

Part of the fun of a Nintendo Direct or Presentation is seeing the Gaf reaction, for better or worse. Give some good entertainment once again guys. :p

M-PG71C

I hope I can get a pre-order in somewhere. I want this thing day one! My Wii U (And my GameCube! And the PS4 lol) will always have a place near my TV and now its time for Switch to take its rightful place next to its predecessor.

Part of the fun of a Nintendo Direct or Presentation is seeing the Gaf reaction, for better or worse. Give some good entertainment once again guys. :p

The GAF reaction will be very entertaining. GAF wants Nintendo to Hit a Home Run or a Nintendo train wreck with nothing in between. The reactions will most likely make us all lol.

OB1 released his new video. And its pretty awful haha.

These are his supposed rumours. The "click" sound in the comercial for the Switch isnt the actual sound and is for marketing purposes.

Retro not working on a 2d Donkey Kong platformer.

So uh yeah...laughably bad.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
What are the chances that we'll see a port of Super Mario 3D Land World for the Switch?

Moltenix

These are his supposed rumours. The "click" sound in the comercial for the Switch isnt the actual sound and is for marketing purposes.

Well no shit...

Retro not working on a 2d Donkey King platformer.

3D Donkey Kong game happening.

Lol wow not wasting my time with those videos anymore.

BY2K

Membero Americo

So he's obnoxious AND a fake.

The combo!

Junk3t

Neo Member
Random prediction, Mother 3 won't be shown at the event. It will be shown at Treehouse Live.

I think they will announce it ( uickly if it will be shown), and then shown at Treehouse Live. If not now, then it'll be at E3, but I think now makes more sense to get people excited for the console even if MOther 3 doesn't release until E3 time.

Kyne

any reports on whether or not the Gamecube controller adapter for the Wii U will be compatible? Or if it's getting its own?

I can't imagine Smash w/o gamecube controllers.

Junk3t

Neo Member
Followed by

Itoi announcing Mother 4 for Switch ;_;

What a world it would be for a new Mother to be a primary system seller for the Switch. Although I suppose they have to fill us in on what Nintendo's vision is for the next few years, just as Xenoblade Chronicles X was announced early on.

Caelus

any reports on whether or not the Gamecube controller adapter for the Wii U will be compatible? Or if it's getting its own?

USB ports on the Switch imply forward compatibility with the adaptor, they might release a new one as well.

I havent read nothing yet. But if im gonna guess, id say they are gonna try and push it with the new Switch Pro Controllers first. But if the demand/outcry for one is there, then we might see some support.

Phoenixus

I'd be surprised if Smash 4 switch doesn't release with gamecube pad-shaped Joy-Cons, practically sells itself.

Phoenixus

Too many peripherals! Maybe it's just me, but the Wii and the Wii U had way too many "controllers".

I get what you mean, but as long as these themed Joy-Cons retain all the extra stuff of the base models (Clickable sticks, ir sensor if true) they can just be sold as a skin change instead of an entirely separate accessory choice.

XCX is supposed to be getting a switch port right? Kind of in the mood for a big replay maybe Feb time before the March onslaught but if that port is for sure, I may hold off

Wil348

So what are the chances that the Switch will be able to do 4K video playback through services such as Netflix or YouTube? Since the new Nvida Shield (which also uses the Tegra X1) can output 4K video, maybe it's possible for the Switch to do it when docked to a 4K TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom