• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky releasing June 21, LEs revealed, maybe getting free post launch support

Yes, it's a humanoid with what appears to be a trench coat and equipment. It's not a creature for certain. You can even see the hem of the trench coat curl up momentarily from the wind and the way he's stomping two footed up that hill is also a giveaway.

McGruff.jpg

Finally we can visit McGruff's home planet

papo

Also when you pre-order from Gamestop don't you have to pay full price at that moment?

My local Gamestop closed recently so I can't just walk 12 minutes and pick up a game I put 5 bucks down on. I have to go all out of my way.

Not on pre-orders from the site. They actually started doing this for most pre-orders in store. That 5 dollar down bs was out a couple of years ago. At least where I used to buy. We had to pay in full, we had to pay for shipping even to store, if I didn't pre-order the store wouldn't get copies at all.

Only nitpick I have is that the wind is obviously blowing on some of the planets but the foliage isnt really moving. Hopefully this is just down to the PS4 dialling a few things back and the PC version will have all the effects I want.

daveo42

Banned
I want to buy this, but I'd need to hear some more tracks first.

Go on Spotify or YT and listen to some of the stuff already out there. They make some pretty fantastic music that will feel right at home in NMS. Also, there are bits of the soundtrack out there from some of the gameplay demos.

That vinyl will definitely be worth picking up.

Shikoba

Damn. I really want that Limited Edition, but I'd rather have the game on pc. Guess I need to wait until I see some solid PS4 footage to decide.

Getting the $80 edition, love the box art

This game looks so gorgeous and relaxing to play, I can't wait

This is going to sound a bit silly, but I want the physical version of this one because I kind of want to pretend that I am firing up my ship. I want to load the game, turn off all the lights, turn off my phone, put on headphones, and feel like I am really exploring a universe.

Something about loading up the disc just seems like it will make that experience feel a bit more tactile. :)

I am so hyped for this game. I have a young child, so I can't ever sit down to a game with the expectation of getting a solid block of uninterrupted gaming time. Multiplayer games? Too annoying to join, leave 5 minutes later, come back in a half hour, leave again, repeat... Singleplayer games? Is there anything more annoying than getting interrupted during an unskippable cutscene and then having to go look it up on Youtube to see what you missed (or coming back and realizing you were slaughtered by a boss while you were away)? But a singleplayer game where I can connect, play for any length of time, and leave, all without missing any story or losing a boss fight or whatever? PERFECTION. Bonus points for being vividly colorful and encouraging pacifism and exploration; it's like it was tailor-made for new parents.

daveo42

Banned
This is going to sound a bit silly, but I want the physical version of this one because I kind of want to pretend that I am firing up my ship. I want to load the game, turn off all the lights, turn off my phone, put on headphones, and feel like I am really exploring a universe.

Something about loading up the disc just seems like it will make that experience feel a bit more tactile. :)

Add in dropping down your VR headset and you're set. Man I hope this come out on PSVR. I will disappear for days.

Not sure if this was mentioned in the last 10 pages but the GiantBomb 4 questions footage has a lot of like.. screen-tearing. Well, not a LOT. But it happens at random places. Anyone else notice this? I hope this isn't a thing because Screen-Tearing straight up ruins shit for me. I can't see past it. :\

I did, though the game still has a few months before it ships and we aren't quite sure how old this build is.

I am so hyped for this game. I have a young child, so I can't ever sit down to a game with the expectation of getting a solid block of uninterrupted gaming time. Multiplayer games? Too annoying to join, leave 5 minutes later, come back in a half hour, leave again, repeat... Singleplayer games? Is there anything more annoying than getting interrupted during an unskippable cutscene and then having to go look it up on Youtube to see what you missed (or coming back and realizing you were slaughtered by a boss while you were away)? But a singleplayer game where I can connect, play for any length of time, and leave, all without missing any story or losing a boss fight or whatever? PERFECTION. Bonus points for being vividly colorful and encouraging pacifism and exploration; it's like it was tailor-made for new parents.

This is so true man gotta love games like this

BSpot

Not sure if this was mentioned in the last 10 pages but the GiantBomb 4 questions footage has a lot of like.. screen-tearing. Well, not a LOT. But it happens at random places. Anyone else notice this? I hope this isn't a thing because Screen-Tearing straight up ruins shit for me. I can't see past it. :\

Deadstar

PC or PS4? I assume it will run/look better on pc and also there's the potential for VR support. I'm leaning towards pc. What is everyone else doing?

21x2

Should have come with retailer specific, pre-order only, Limited Edition exclusive planet generation algorithms.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I liked that they made up a fake periodic table, and use it to create varying atmospheres/life/etc, but I also appreciate they now have some "real" elements that people already can "connect the dots" like Silicon = computer parts, etc.

Hate that as I've gotten older, time moves faster (meaning "oh shit, 40's coming") But in this case, I would like it to be June 21 now.

PC or PS4? I assume it will run/look better on pc and also there's the potential for VR support. I'm leaning towards pc. What is everyone else doing?

I'm struggling. If the steelbook version is PS4 exclusive and available on Amazon and this game is confirmed for PSVR, it's an easy choice.

Otherwise I'd want to play this on my bomb-ass rig.

PS4 for two reasons. My girlfriend doesn't like gaming on PC and she's really interested in this game, so we decided to get it for PS4. Also, trophies. It looks like it could be a lot of fun to platinum :)

Giantbomb sounds down on the game being boring (reality of finding barren planets).

But I agree with Sean that 9/10 planets should be barren or uninteresting until you find that 10th planet that is amazing. I just really hope they have hidden away a lot of the game's more interesting variables. As I recall, the planets get more interesting the deeper you go.. Would be amazing to realize everything shown is very early and basic stuff and that the true discoveries are to be discovered.

Yeah, I feel like people really undervalue negative space (for lack of a better term) in games.

If every planet had cool shit on it, it'd stop being cool pretty quickly.

That is the prevailing theory.

I hope so.

I hope the dinosaur stuff is very early, basic stuff everyone can expect to see. I dont care much for discovering dinosaurs on plains with some mountains forever.

I dont want to get too hyped and be disappointed, but I am imagining discovering worlds that are incredibly active oceans, deep chasms of volcanic caves (I want to be inside caves as opposed to outside with the sky around me all the time), I want more alien creatures that slither and jump and twitch and not just slowly walk on fours.

I want depth-- deep oceans that feel claustrophobic, dark areas where light doesn't penetrate through, caves that seem to go on forever, massive forests that are tall and thick....

I also want to see stuff like some hints of ancient intelligent life. I see some giant rocks in the game that seem made by intelligent life. I dont need cities obviously, but cool stuff like that to find would be amazing...like some kind of scripted Stonehenge that is coded into the game that would add to the mystery or that fuels the story/lore.

I feel like Im really overhyping myself and dont expect a fraction of any of that, but man, I'd be so excited to find some planet that has that kind of complexity.

Is it wrong to expect something more than what we've seen? :/

Just preordered regular edition on Amazon for playing, Explorer's Edition (for flipping in 5+ years) and the vinyl. Excited!

There might be regular retail PC versions coming, found some available in Finland for €44.95. Hopefully it's not a placeholder and the €59.99 ripoff on Steam won't be the only option.

Alebrije

This? I'd say that's probably a creature.

3o7abK7f2ib02xHnQk.gif

If not human, humanoid surely with a coat and somekind of weapon /tool like a pole, it seems it runs toward you because maybe he realizes you are the one that stole a precious item from the sacred woods , but no matter how fast he runs you fly away toward the red sky and left the planet....

I don't really care so much about the cover art or the art book and whatnot in the LE, but the Explorer Edition with the ship model that also includes a foldable background is... Argh, it's so expensive (especially with the exchange rate) BUT I WANT IT BAD.

Fuck it, I'm pre-ordering the Explorer's Edition. It's gonna look fantastic alongside my TruForce Mega Man X figures.

Top Bottom