• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky releasing June 21, LEs revealed, maybe getting free post launch support

Cess007

I want psvr support or I'll.... I don't know what I'll do but I want psvr support!

If this think adds VR, besides getting a PSVR, I will also say goodbye to my family and friends D:

How in all that is comprehensible would you think this would have released for anything less than full retail pricing?

Because it's not made by a 100+ people studio, therefore, it shouldn't release at full retail price! Doh'!
/s

Grief.exe

I have a PC that can easily handle playing this, but I think I'm going to go PS4. Can get it for $47.99 using GCU. Would like to hear of any potential VR support as that may change my decision (and get me to jump on the VR train sooner than I had planned)

To be fair, you will be able to get it at that price, most likely lower, on PC. So the price is a wash at the very least if that is holding you back.

Of course there will be other factors as well.

Shit. now I do kind of want that ship. I wish I could get the ship, artbook, and pin but get a digital PS4 copy of the game.

I guess I could sell the Steam code.

Really excited for this game, waiting for Amazon to post the LE so I can pre-order.

This game is definitely coming to PSVR after reading the GameSpot interview.

iFirez

Screen tearing is pretty crazy in the PS4 footage.

Can't wait to play this on PC though, will double dip if it gets announced for PSVR too.

Glad I just got a new Intel Skylake system with 16GB of DDR4 RAM.

Sounds like System RAM will be a big requirement for this game. Lots of area-based pre-processing data to bank to keep it all seamless.

I'm surprised their is no PSN LE Digital version. For some of the add ons and theme.

Also it will be good to swap out my Firewatch theme come summer!

ViviOggi

I'm way too skeptical to preorder this at full price but it's great to hear it's being released simultaneously after all.

daveo42

Banned
I had to use some restraint...
aQSnTMx.png

I didn't go as overboard, but I still have to buy the game separate and already spent $100.

akileese

Reminder if you buy the CE from Iam8bit that they charge at time of purchase to secure the order.

Is the LE with steelbook gamestop exclusive or is Amazon or Best Buy going to have it?

gman7722

Neo Member
Hopefully this confirms that the PSVR will be out by June. Fingers crossed. Hoping Sony announces PSVR release date and No Man's Sky support at GDC this month.

RAIDEN1

Lets just hope that it lives up to the immense hype attached to it, in some respects this is as big (for the PS4) as Star Citizen will be for the PC!

I will pre-order if I see a regular edition physical release on PC. If the only version for PC is digital, why pre-order? It's not like the game will be out of stock (apart from not being able to play the gamenon day one).

For the Explorer edition do they charge you now or when it ships? Couldn't find any info on their site.

I’m ordering a pre-order item… When will my card be charged?

Cards are charged at point of purchase to secure your pre-order.

Just found it. I guess I am not getting the Explorer's Edition, what a bunch of shit.

Dayum! You'll be able to talk to NPCs from different races and trade with them BUT you won't necesseraly understand their dialect, you'll have to explore the universe, find relics and talk to various NPCs to start picking up what they say!

In short, here’s how it works. As you travel around the universe you’ll encounter individuals from several distinct races. As with everything else in the game, how they look and what they say is procedurally generated based on a set of variables defined by the Hello Games team.

You’ll be able to trade with them, gain upgrades, learn more about the game’s lore, forge alliances and so forth.

“The razor we use to cut features – to decide whether to implement them or not – is ‘does this thing encourage players to go out and explore the universe more?’,” explains Sean.

Yes, you read that correctly. Hello Games has devised a number of distinct alien languages which, at the game’s outset, you will not be able to understand. However, as you explore the universe, discover relics and talk to new NPCs, you’ll slowly start picking up their dialects.

More here: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...erse-with-lore-language-and-intelligent-life/

Having played over 400 hours of Elite: Dangerous, ALL in VR (Oculus DK2), I really don't think I can play this unless it's VR compatible. Playing a "cockpit" game on a flat screen a few feet from my face just feels so primitive, I really don't think I'll enjoy it.

This is the only way to play cockpit/flight/space games from now on, for me. Sorry Hello Games, put VR in, or I'm out:

http://imgur.com/gallery/qVG5GYG

Wow, the limited editions look really cool...

Still not sure if I'll get this on PS4 or PC. Probably going to wait for the digital foundry verdict on performance.

Great time of year for a game like this. Could get a whole summers worth of exploration out of it.

And the price tag is kind of encouraging, suggests that there's a lot more than just a cool tech demo in there.

Akronis

Looking good. I could always use more space sims while waiting for Star Citizen :)

Hope there's a bunch of different ships, weapons, and enemies to keep the exploration fresh as fuck :D

To be fair, you will be able to get it at that price, most likely lower, on PC. So the price is a wash at the very least if that is holding you back.

Of course there will be other factors as well.

Honestly the biggest factor will be whether it gets PSVR support because I'm presuming that PSVR is going to be the cheapest entry into VR of the 3 launches this year (I obviously could be wrong about that though).

Lets just hope that it lives up to the immense hype attached to it, in some respects this is as big (for the PS4) as Star Citizen will be for the PC!
Hell, I just hope people keep their hype in check so they don't start expecting wildly unrealstic things from the game. I have already seen too much of that going on, despite the numerous threads and news stories detailing several areas about the game.

Grief.exe

Dayum! You'll be able to talk to NPCs from different races and trade with them BUT you won't necesseraly understand their dialect, you'll have to explore the universe, find relics and talk to various NPCs to start picking up what they say!

More here: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...erse-with-lore-language-and-intelligent-life/

I can only get so erect.gif

Having played over 400 hours of Elite: Dangerous, ALL in VR (Oculus DK2), I really don't think I can play this unless it's VR compatible. Playing a "cockpit" game on a flat screen a few feet from my face just feels so primitive, I really don't think I'll enjoy it.

This is the only way to play cockpit/flight/space games from now on, for me. Sorry Hello Games, put VR in, or I'm out:

qVG5GYG

I have a feeling that the flight/combat is going to be extremely streamlined when compared to something like Elite/Star Citizen but I hope I'm wrong.

Honestly the biggest factor will be whether it gets PSVR support because I'm presuming that PSVR is going to be the cheapest entry into VR of the 3 launches this year (I obviously could be wrong about that though).

That's most likely true.

JMY86

Looks good. I am looking forward to this game, but I don't think there is any way that this game delivers on the hype.

Top Bottom