• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark’s Game Director leaves The Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Bass

Maybe just follow the conversation. It's literally all on this page.
Last post because I saw it while finishing the other one. That is not the argument I was making. That was what someone else might have said. You should follow along because that is not how a discussion works. You cannot attribution statement made by someone else, to me. I honestly don't believe you discuss in good faith and are here to basically just stir the pot.

Corrik

People with information regarding the studio say the studio purposely stays small because it develops ideas and concepts for games and then sends it to a big studio for the development. Supposedly the lead leaving is not because its in development hell but because the game has been sent out for development and their role in the game is now finished and this may signal perfect dark is closer to release than anticipated. I don't know if they are right, but that's what has been relayed regarding this and said anyone saying otherwise is supposedly just looking for blood where there isn't. *shrug*

Last post because I saw it while finishing the other one. That is not the argument I was making. That was what someone else might have said. You should follow along because that is not how a discussion works. You cannot attribution statement made by someone else, to me. I honestly don't believe you discuss in good faith and are here to basically just stir the pot.
Since you wouldn't follow my advice, I can sum up the conversation for you.

Me: I see zero evidence for mismanagement.
You: Zero evidence?
Me: Yeah.
You: Leaving is evidence.
Me: Complete nonsense.
You: It's absolutely true.

And you accuse me of arguing in bad faith? Oof.

I dont think is anyone is arguing that during the latter part of the 360s life and xbox one's, there first party was lacking, but thats a bit different than saying there game management sucked,

Might depend on what people specifically mean when talking about games management. It could just mean in terms of 1P studios, or also include IP not worked on specifically by 1P teams but still identified as Xbox brand-wise.

There are cases that can be argued in both that can hold true. On the studio front, they already had a scant handful of teams in the 360/XBO era and then reduced that even further by closing the likes of Lionhead. Other teams like Rare, arguably just did not live up to expectations for a lot of core fans whatsoever; not to say games like Viva Pinata and Sea of Thieves are bad. But for a studio that innovated platformers with DKC (and made the then-biggest 3D platformer ever with DK64), innovated kart racers with Diddy Kong Racing, and put out some of the best graphics in the industry with games like Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, it's fair to say their scope in terms of being a leader of the pack fell off massively after their acquisition by Microsoft.

Maybe those older fans had/have unrealistic expectations; no one stays on top forever. But the fact a clear point of change can be marked pre-and-post Xbox acquisition is unfortunate. And going on, if it's more about certain games...

despite having less first parties they have still delivered some great games and now since there aquisitions I dont see any reasons why these devs cant continue to produce great games under the Xbox umbrella.

Yeah, they definitely delivered some great exclusives with the 360 and even XBO early on. In fact XBO had the better exclusives line-up for the first year or so between it and PS4, IMO. But after TitanFall, the quality arguably dipped because Quantum Break didn't quite hit as strongly as it should've. And Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't do as much for them as they thought it would; didn't help that Uncharted 4 pretty much crushed it on all fronts, and it's really starting with Bloodborne in 2015 that PS4 started pulling away in terms of platform-exclusives.

By 2018, it was unquestionably in PS4's favor by that point, some would probably say before that, maybe 2017 even, or late 2016. And the other issue for Xbox there was, they didn't do a lot for retention. Quantum Break should've had a sequel in 2020, all things considered, or a spiritual successor, that could've even been a Series launch title. Cuphead was a strong get but that IP is not really associated with Xbox despite coming out there first; Ori was another strong get but something happened between Moon and Xbox management and now apparently Moon doesn't want to work on another Ori going forward. It would've been neat to perhaps have gotten a Sunset Overdrive remake in time for Series launch, or a Ryse sequel, etc.

And I've said in the past that Bleeding Edge could've been delayed and timed as a cross-gen release between XBO and Xbox Series. It would've given the game a boost, probably helped boost GamePass subs earlier on, had more time for polish & tweaks, and more time for any needed marketing. Instead it's dead, and that's a more recent game. People are looking at what's happening with Halo Infinite right now and more than a few are probably concerned about other live-service games from Microsoft because of it. After all, if Halo is having these troubles, what hope is there for new IP or smaller brands they own? It's probably why people were worried when it seemed a new hire for PD is tied to live service games...

...and then shortly after that, the prior Game Director just leaves? Has the game shifted direction mid-development? Was it going to be something maybe more episodic, but non live-service based (like earliest reports mentioned), and now it's perhaps turned into a live-service GaaS? Is that potentially why the Game Director has departed?

Unfortunately with no official word on this stuff, we're just left to speculate.

Gamerguy84

This thread is the most interesting part of my weekend
Kevin James Eating GIF by TV Land
Same.
Is it bad that I never had flammng hot Cheetos?
No but they aren't very good. If you like hot and spicy chips these are the best I've ever had, will make you reach for a drink. Read the heat level top right.

XljjoVB.jpg

Dolodolo

Some users here are willing to sell their mother for Phil Spencer, and are going to include sound concerns that have nothing to do with the console wars.

Is it really necessary to explain to someone what a game director is?
Yes, sir. It is already possible to comprehend something from the word director by the usual logical chain.

It's so simple and obvious that it's even funny

Nobody says Perfect Dark is going to be a piece of shit. It might be the best game ever.
But when a person who literally supervised the project for almost four years leaves before the release of this very project, this raises some questions and concerns.

It's literally common sense.

Petopia

Banned
That's debatable. It took five years and 500 million dollars. They're still missing features like co op
Its not debatable after going through the master cheese trilogy bungie made the better halo games with half the open space so what you talkin bout willis?

Petopia

Banned
Not sure I’ve got any confidence in your track record of predictions. First predicted that Halo would slip to 2022, then this gem 😂

TO4eXAK.jpg
Looking at steam charts and other sources arent people dropping halo infinite for the same things dice devs are going thorugh?

kingfey

Banned
Looking at steam charts and other sources arent people dropping halo infinite for the same things dice devs are going thorugh?
Its still top 10 on xbox. People played the campaign and moved on.
The active one right now on steam is the MP, which needs alot of contents. It doesnt have BR mode, or any other mode, which most shooter games have these days. Unless you are a halo fan, you arent going to play infinite MP.

It should be back again, once 343i add more content to the game. I doubt, it would cross 100k though. It needs BR to have those numbers.

People with information regarding the studio say the studio purposely stays small because it develops ideas and concepts for games and then sends it to a big studio for the development. Supposedly the lead leaving is not because its in development hell but because the game has been sent out for development and their role in the game is now finished and this may signal perfect dark is closer to release than anticipated. I don't know if they are right, but that's what has been relayed regarding this and said anyone saying otherwise is supposedly just looking for blood where there isn't. *shrug*

So, wouldn’t the logical thing to do be for him to stay on the studio he helped build and start working on their next game and not leave the company like most leads?

This guy leaving doesnt have that much impact to the game. The project is still Rare IP. They are the ones who have control over the game. The guy worked with the initiative for almost 4 years. They have road map of what they will do next.

The IP might be Rare's creation but they have zero involvement in this new Perfect Dark; that's exclusively the domain of The Initiative and Crystal Dynamics.

Anyway, though I don't listen to them apparently Grubb is saying PD gameplay might be at E3 or whatever E3-like event Microsoft has this year. I actually hope that turns out to be true, and I'm also hoping there's an option for third-person camera in the game as well.

oldergamer

Some users here are willing to sell their mother for Phil Spencer, and are going to include sound concerns that have nothing to do with the console wars.

Is it really necessary to explain to someone what a game director is?
Yes, sir. It is already possible to comprehend something from the word director by the usual logical chain.

It's so simple and obvious that it's even funny

Nobody says Perfect Dark is going to be a piece of shit. It might be the best game ever.
But when a person who literally supervised the project for almost four years leaves before the release of this very project, this raises some questions and concerns.

Repeating the same weak arguments over and over doesnt make it true.

onesvenus

But anyone knows Xbox Games Studios have a mediocre management, so being skeptical is just normal.
Anyone who says this as a fact is a fanboy in my eyes.

Have some of their games had issues in the past? Yes, they did. Can that be extrapolated to XGS having a mediocre management? I don't think so. There are many reasons why someone might leave their work and why a software product might not be as good as expected. Having mediocre management it's not the only possible cause

Dolodolo

Repeating the same weak arguments over and over doesnt make it true.
Repetition of arguments for what?
It is a fact
There is an axiom and a theorem
For example, there is a theorem that Sonic is a good movie, but it requires proof.
The departure of the director after four years of work is an oddity and can be alarming - this is an axiom. There is nothing to prove here.

Ozriel

M$FT
While Halo Infinite MP isn't even doing that great in the end, and COD is still much more popular...

Still was the best of all three, and had more players on Xbox than Vanguard.

So what's your point? It had it's moment for a while but dropped very hard in player count. Even a broken game as BF2042 has more content and is more fun (higher player count or not).

Nice try, but people are cooking BF 2042 for the gameplay. One thing the vast majority of people agree is that Infinite MP’s gameplay is great. An opinion that’s not shared by many for 2042.

But I think the purpose of my post was to establish how your prophetic powers cannot be trusted.

Fredrik

Not to be taken too seriously but I always thought they brought in CD to make it third person, it would be the perfect fit. What if that actually happened and the director left because he wanted to make a first person game?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

wow, this is a really interesting. If it’s true then that’s cool and I’m intrigued to see how the game turns out.

also, to touch on the halo infinite budget number I keep seeing thrown around on this forum. That bullshit 500 million dollar rumour for halo infinite is one of the best rumours turned into reality I’ve seen for a long time. It’s a prime example of get some person on your random European podcast…not get any for of an actual gigure, make one up and have it stick and be turned into reality by the internet…..madness.

even when the rumour of 500 mill was debunked by industry insiders and stinkles, it’s still floating around and being used in comments about the game.

Last edited:

It's always a concern for Xbox, but when key staff leave Playstion studios , it's just part of the course and the way the industry works. I would say the Producer is the most important part of any game development; They're the ones tasked with picking the team, in control of the budgets and the ones who relay info back to the top brass and will ask for more money or resources if a project is in trouble. I seem to remember key staff leaving Perfect Dark 64 late in and that game is heled up as a classic

It's not ideal, but I would imagine all the groundwork is done for Perfect Dark. Hopefully, it means the game is nearing the end of its development cycle, rather than a project in trouble and staff jumping ship. I just hope the game turns out better than the sheer rubbish RARE put on with Perfect Dark on the 360.

People do leave all the the time, even before the game has shipped.

At least the studio head, Darrell Gallagher is still there.

No doubt there is fierce competition for talent, these companies will be poaching each other all the time for talent.
Nah man nobody has ever left for a better job offer mid project. Nobody.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Still was the best of all three, and had more players on Xbox than Vanguard.

Nice try, but people are cooking BF 2042 for the gameplay. One thing the vast majority of people agree is that Infinite MP’s gameplay is great. An opinion that’s not shared by many for 2042.

But I think the purpose of my post was to establish how your prophetic powers cannot be trusted.

Fun fact, it still fits what i said back then. Infinite isn’t doing wonders. The singleplayer was fun for what it was, but also really bad at the same time. Fun in gameplay but repetitive, and the world was a complete borfest. The MP was only fun because the gameplay was ok, but other then that, it’s also not much you get.

You guys had hoped a lot more because Phil told you to hype the shit out of it.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT

Game was a playable years ago according to Spencer himself so I'm not concerned, if there was reports of many people leaving or culture issues then that would be different but that isn't the case.
The game will be first person just like the original, interviews with the development staff show they have a firm understanding of why Perfect Dark is an all time classic, its a tough balance bringing it to a modern audience but they seem to grasp it.
I'm sure we'll see something this year gameplay wise.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Fun fact, it still fits what i said back then. Infinite isn’t doing wonders. The singleplayer was fun for what it was, but also really bad at the same time. Fun in gameplay but repetitive, and the world was a complete borfest. The MP was only fun because the gameplay was ok, but other then that, it’s also not much you get.

neogafs game of the year would like to have a word with you.

your opinion is completely valid and just as valid as anyone who says a critically acclaimed game is just ok, though. From halo to last of us 2, forza horizon to horizon forbidden west.

infinite was a great blast to play, the campaign was great and the combat is top tier. If that’s ok to you then cool beans.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

your opinion is completely valid and just as valid as anyone who says a critically acclaimed game is just ok, though. From halo to last of us 2, forza horizon to horizon forbidden west.

infinite was a great blast to play, the campaign was great and the combat is top tier. If that’s ok to you then cool beans.

Now “Neogaf game of the year” is a thing? Same as those payed scores this game got? I bet if the media needed to do another review right now, the scores would be completely different.

That's fine for you of course, but you apparently need to say something to give the overall a positive tone, after how MS officially presented the game. Imo this game never deserved those scores ever. But hey…maybe this is Xbox quality standard.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT

It deserved all the plaudits and tens of millions of players. Campaign was probably Equal to the classic first game in my book, best AI as usual and the ability to move around the world in a more interesting way, exploring was fun.
Multiplayer is extremely tight but just needs more content, since it's a multi year project with huge financial backing it's going to be incredible in a few years time, if rereviewed the score would be rising.

gow3isben

The Initiative was always overhyped. They have done literally nothing and Microsoft has never proven it can create elite studios from the ground up.

Why they also chose to do a perfect dark sequel of all things is beyond me.

I am going to sound like a fanboy warmonger or whatever but honestly Bethesda, Ninja Theory, Coalition, 343 (and multiple obvious others) asides multiple of Microsoft's new studios are really productive game devs in name only and Microsoft should maybe consolidate a few so they can actually produce good games as opposed to just wanting a bottom line "number" of game studios under their wing to talk about.

Examples of such:

- Undead Labs
- Compulsion
- InXile
- Initiative etc.

Sony used to be very brutal to such studios and would shut down stuff like Zipper, multiple Japanese, and Liverpool. Honestly I think it is good to get rid fo the fluff.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
The Initiative was always overhyped. They have done literally nothing and Microsoft has never proven it can create elite studios from the ground up.

Why they also chose to do a perfect dark sequel of all things is beyond me.

I am going to sound like a fanboy warmonger or whatever but honestly Bethesda, Ninja Theory, Coalition, 343 (and some others) asides multiple of Microsoft's new studios are really productive game devs in name only and Microsoft should maybe consolidate a few so they can actually produce good games as opposed to just wanting a bottom line "number" of game studios under their wing to talk about.

Microsoft has never proven it can produce Elite studios from the ground up, but then you even mention The Coalition a studio now helping out with UE5 due to their technical know how, hilarious.
Saying a new studio who is releasing its first game have done literally nothing is factually correct but stupid at the same time.

gow3isben

Microsoft has never proven it can produce Elite studios from the ground up, but then you even mention The Coalition a studio now helping out with UE5 due to their technical know how, hilarious.
Saying a new studio who is releasing its first game have done literally nothing is factually correct but stupid at the same time.

Coalition and 343 are good studios but by no means elite.

Listen know-it-all. If a studio has been functioning before 2018 and still has nothing to show for it. Not even any gameplay footage then yes that is concerning. Extremely so given they have no prior record to fall back on and leadership is leaving. Leadership often leaves to new projects when the games are basically almost wrapped up.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Now “Neogaf game of the year” is a thing? Same as those payed scores this game got? I bet if the media needed to do another review right now, the scores would be completely different.

That's fine for you of course, but you apparently need to say something to give the overall a positive tone, after how MS officially presented the game. Imo this game never deserved those scores ever. But hey…maybe this is Xbox quality standard.

paid scores? What are you talking about? Anyone could say that about any game. Did the last of us 2 deserve it’s review scores, many wouldn’t think so.

review horizon forbidden west a month later than when it was released and many could say it would have reviewed a lot differently after Elden Ring launched. That’s obviously a well polished to the standard Sony expects with all its bugs and pop in etc? When the reality is game development is hard and two years of working from home has fucked a lot of development causing issues at launch.

are these all biased, paid for review scores as well When they are for Sony games? Probably not to you as they are games on a platform you Stan for.

Riky

$MSFT

Listen know-it-all. If a studio has been functioning before 2018 and still has nothing to show for it. Not even any gameplay footage then yes that is concerning. Extremely so given they have no prior record to fall back on and leadership is leaving. Leadership often leaves to new projects when the games are basically almost wrapped up.

Elite? Every game being 80+ on MC pretty much qualifies them for that, Playground Games?
Games take years to make, in four years you have to create your new studio as well so it's obvious that nothing will be ready yet, it's disingenuous to claim otherwise when they are making an AAA game. I don't need to be a know it all to see that.
We'll see at E3 or the Microsoft equivalent.

Ozriel

M$FT

You said it was going to be delayed to 2022. Didn’t materialize. You said it would be overshadowed by Vanguard and 2042. Didn’t fit.

Now you’re stuck trying to push a narrative that a game with an 87% Metacritic and 19 GOTY awards was bad 🤡

Nostradamus in the mud, indeed. And now you’re up there in the forum, desperately claiming Halo reviews were ‘payed’ and that 2042 has better MP gameplay 😂

I always felt this studio was going to find it very rough. It’s located (probably tactically) to try and siphon talent away from Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Santa Monica studios but they are behemoths with a large cache and strong reputation. People want to work on God of War, The Last of Us, Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, with Cory or on MP games that we know are in the works at at least two of those studios.

This is why I think Perfect Dark was announced so early. It needed a flag in the ground for recruitment as why would you leave a world class studio, likely pumping out a mega hit, with expected large royalties and bonuses for essentially a start up with untested management?

When the Crystal Dynamics news hit I was surprised, but it made sense because at least they have experience with a good female protagonist and a decent writing team. The alarm bells now ring because it feels like CD were contracted too because of GAAS and Avengers did not do well at all.

With the personnel leaving now, it appears the game is going through a bit of turmoil and it reminds me a lot of Halo 4 in that regard. Ryan Payton originally envisaged something more in line with Infinite, but lacked the clout within the team to pull it off. I wonder whether a lack of gelling is part of the issue here.

Riky

$MSFT
We
You said it was going to be delayed to 2022. Didn’t materialize. You said it would be overshadowed by Vanguard and 2042. Didn’t fit.

Now you’re stuck trying to push a narrative that a game with an 87% Metacritic and 19 GOTY awards was bad 🤡

Nostradamus in the mud, indeed. And now you’re up there in the forum, desperately claiming Halo reviews were ‘payed’ and that 2042 has better MP gameplay 😂

It's pretty desperate, they used to cling to review scores, after the latest award for best publisher there is nowhere left to hide.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
paid scores? What are you talking about? Anyone could say that about any game. Did the last of us 2 deserve it’s review scores, many wouldn’t think so.

review horizon forbidden west a month later than when it was released and many could say it would have reviewed a lot differently after Elden Ring launched. That’s obviously a well polished to the standard Sony expects with all its bugs and pop in etc? When the reality is game development is hard and two years of working from home has fucked a lot of development causing issues at launch.

are these all biased, paid for review scores as well When they are for Sony games? Probably not to you as they are games on a platform you Stan for.

How was TloU2 bad in a way Infinite bad? It was a complete game without the nonsense. Only because people didn't like a character in-game because it was a bit more muscles then you have maybe? People that were offended by this character are the sad part of the gaming community and those need to stay in their basements. Bugs and pop-in can be fixed..a bad game design or boring world not really....completely different things dude. I finished Infintite, but I had to seriously bite my way through it to keep it interesting. I didn't want to think afterwards that this was a waste of my time.

I'm sure the devs wanted to work more on the game but MS pushed them for release in 2021. Looking at the state of Infinite, it would've been delayed and it should have been delayed.

Were did i said that BF2042 had better MP gameplay? It has more content yes that's what i said and i have had more fun with BF2042 even it is/was more broken, because at least it's varied. That's why I always prefer BF over CoD for example.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed

Imo this game never deserved those scores ever. But hey…maybe this is Xbox quality standard.
Absolutely embarrassing take.

Only because people didn't like a character in-game because it was a bit more muscles then you have maybe? People that were offended by this character are the sad part of the gaming community and those need to stay in their basements.

And another really embarrassing take.

Last edited:

Sega Orphan

Banned
This studio was announced with lots of big words and promises. But something Microsoft doesn't seem to have learned is that shouting high from the rooftops will only bite themselves. This has proven to be the case once again with this generation.
What?
What has bitten them this gen?
What has bitten them with the Initiative?
One person leaves their job and the full fanboy comes out? Damm dude.

Ozriel

M$FT

The Coalition is quite possibly the best Unreal Engine dev in the industry, and they’re definitely an elite studio.

There’s nothing ‘concerning’ about a new studio taking their time to set up and make their game. Especially one set up in 2018.

It took Polyphony Digital 2017 - 2022 to release GT7, a sequel. 2017 - 2022 for Guerilla to release a sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn. These are well established, fully staffed studios! And you’re here claiming that a newly formed studio that spent much of 2018 staffing up are ‘underperforming’ because they haven’t shown off polished gameplay by Q1 2022!

You console warriors are a funny (read, weird) bunch.

For those not trolling, One can reasonably expect to see Perfect Dark gameplay this year’s E3 conference.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
What?
What has bitten them this gen?
What has bitten them with the Initiative?
One person leaves their job and the full fanboy comes out? Damm dude.

You know, screaming from the roofs how your console will destroy the competition from launch....

But now this "Initiative" studio was never supposed to be a "world class" studio creating a game...but just a????......creative studio/support studio or whatever you people now want to call it. And like someone else said already...this studio was overhyped from the start.

Absolutely embarrassing take.

And another really embarrassing take.

Well looks like i found one of those people, that were offended by this character.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
You know, screaming from the roofs how your console will destroy the competition from launch....

But now this "Initiative" studio was never supposed to be a "world class" studio creating a game...but just a????......creative studio/support studio or whatever you people now want to call it. And like someone else said already...this studio was overhyped from the start.

Well looks like i found one of those people, that were offended by this character.
I’m just offended by poor and contrived writing. But if you’re the type of retard that likes that C grade A-level English Literature student style of writing then fair play to you.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
How was TloU2 bad in a way Infinite bad? It was a complete game without the nonsense. Only because people didn't like a character in-game because it was a bit more muscles then you have maybe? People that were offended by this character are the sad part of the gaming community and those need to stay in their basements. Bugs and pop-in can be fixed..a bad game design or boring world not really....completely different things dude. I finished Infintite, but I had to seriously bite my way through it to keep it interesting. I didn't want to think afterwards that this was a waste of my time.

I'm sure the devs wanted to work more on the game but MS pushed them for release in 2021. Looking at the state of Infinite, it would've been delayed and it should have been delayed.

Were did i said that BF2042 had better MP gameplay? It has more content yes that's what i said and i have had more fun with BF2042 even it is/was more broken, because at least it's varied. That's why I always prefer BF over CoD for example.

im not getting into a back and forth with you about last of us 2 we can do it in private messages if it’s needed but ultimately my issue with lou2 is not anything to do with Abby. I’d bang the shit out of her, i thought she was a good character.

my fault with the game is that it was too long, had characters that were forgotten the second they died, ultimately everyone was A dick including Ellie and the game just dragged and dragged through its misery for what felt like an eternity. Gameplay was great and the first is one of my favourite games ever made, I’ve completed the first multiple times. I’ve not even played the second game again after completing it. Also, the second game launched without multiplayer and we haven’t seen a sniff of it nearly three years later so what is it about games launching with missing features the previous title had? And this was from a studio that used over 2100 developers to complete their game. If halo infinites budget was 500 million, last of us 2 must have been like 2 billion but we know neither of those figures are true.

all in all last of us 2 is a decent game, so is halo infinite. I would rather jump into halo with some buddies and play co op legendary when it launches than touch last of us 2 again, but that’s me. I play video games to video game, not watch some mellow drama that would be better left for a cheap HBO series imo.

back on topic, as I stated earlier in the thread, I am dubious over the initiatives game and I just hope it turns out good in the end. Would love a great perfect dark game.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I’m just offended by poor and contrived writing. But if you’re the type of retard that likes that C grade A-level English Literature student style of writing then fair play to you.

If that is your way to say something smart today, Then I hope you feel good and that it makes you happy.

im not getting into a back and forth with you about last of us 2 we can do it in private messages if it’s needed but ultimately my issue with lou2 is not anything to do with Abby. I’d bang the shit out of her, i thought she was a good character.

my fault with the game is that it was too long, had characters that were forgotten the second they died, ultimately everyone was A dick including Ellie and the game just dragged and dragged through its misery for what felt like an eternity. Gameplay was great and the first is one of my favourite games ever made, I’ve completed the first multiple times. I’ve not even played the second game again after completing it. Also, the second game launched without multiplayer and we haven’t seen a sniff of it nearly three years later so what is it about games launching with missing features the previous title had? And this was from a studio that used over 2100 developers to complete their game. If halo infinites budget was 500 million, last of us 2 must have been like 2 billion but we know neither of those figures are true.

all in all last of us 2 is a decent game, so is halo infinite. I would rather jump into halo with some buddies and play co op legendary when it launches than touch last of us 2 again, but that’s me. I play video games to video game, not watch some mellow drama that would be better left for a cheap HBO series imo.

back on topic, as I stated earlier in the thread, I am dubious Uber the initiatives game and I just hope it turns out good in the end. Would love a great perfect dark game.

You're also right that some parts in the game were drawn out. however, comparing TloU2 with Infinite is not quite right of course. Now you say that you would sooner dive back into Halo MP than TloU2, but that's not crazy because we are talking about a single player game and not an MP game. So to make that comparison with an SP and MP is a bit strange then.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Elite? Every game being 80+ on MC pretty much qualifies them for that, Playground Games?
Games take years to make, in four years you have to create your new studio as well so it's obvious that nothing will be ready yet, it's disingenuous to claim otherwise when they are making an AAA game. I don't need to be a know it all to see that.
We'll see at E3 or the Microsoft equivalent.

They didn't create playground games from the ground up they bought it.

Asking for even some gameplay after 4 years is disingenuous? Ok

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
They didn't create playground games from the ground up they bought it.

Asking for even some gameplay after 4 years is disingenuous? Ok

I think it's been nurtured pretty well under MS, into an Elite studio, along with Turn 10.
Someone has just mentioned how long it has taken other more established studios to make sequels to their games, longer than four years, yet you seem to think that four years including recruitment is a problem.

gow3isben

You console warriors are a funny (read, weird) bunch.

For those not trolling, One can reasonably expect to see Perfect Dark gameplay this year’s E3 conference.

Whatever man. Lets hope you are right about E3 I am not optimistic and something tells me you will have excuses for why it isn't ready for even some gameplay reveal then either.

Three

I remember when The Initiative was hiring people from Naughty Dog and people were convinced that there was a problem at ND. Now that same crap has come to bite them in the ass when people are leaving from The Initiative.

gow3isben

I think it's been nurtured pretty well under MS, into an Elite studio, along with Turn 10.
Someone has just mentioned how long it has taken other more established studios to make sequels to their games, longer than four years, yet you seem to think that four years including recruitment is a problem.

I am not saying they should have something released in 4 years.

But they should have something to show for it at the very least. Listen you guys clearly are getting upset over this so I won't talk about it any more.

I will leave it with I have 0 expectations from them and if you don't good for you.

I have owned a 360 and Xbox One, and will get the SEX in 1-2 years and I am not afraid to shit on Playstation either (which I have done repeatedly on here) if it is warranted even if that is my preferred system. But just looking at my avatar clearly all you guys see is a console warrior when it isn't the case.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I am not saying they should have something released in 4 years.

But they should have something to show for it at the very least. Listen you guys clearly are getting upset over this so I won't talk about it any more.

I will leave it with I have 0 expectations from them and if you don't good for you.

Like I said, E3 or an MS event this very year, you might be in luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom