• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have 7.30 to burn in my wallet, so at least I have a set budget this time.

Could totally get yakuza 4 if there's nothing I want on sale.

Kudo

Just bought Senran Kagura Bon Apetit on sale (-70% I think) and some avatars to make myself feel premium.
I think I might have to get memory card for Playstation TV too, I don't feel like switching them around so gotta get I guess 8gb should be fine..

adburns

Does anyone know the URL of the PSN price comparison site? I *think* it includes all the latest sales but all includes Metacritic scores.

Skrams

I was checking the PS store on my vita because who cares and noticed they had the flash sale listed. I don't know if people already know this information, but I'll list it anyway for Vita titles at least just in case.

SAO Hollow Fragment
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1
Tales of Hearts R
Mind Zero
Monster Monpiece
New Little King's Story
Soul Sacrifice
Pocket RPG
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Warriors of the Lost Empire

All regular price at the moment.

Edit- Or I'm dumb and everyone already knew this and I should of looked for more than 2 seconds on gaf.

I was checking the PS store on my vita because who cares and noticed they had the flash sale listed. I don't know if people already know this information, but I'll list it anyway for Vita titles at least just in case.

SAO Hollow Fragment
Tales of Hearts R
Mind Zero
Monster Monpiece
New Little King's Story
Soul Sacrifice
Pocket RPG
Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Edit- Or I'm dumb and everyone already knew this and I should of looked for more than 2 seconds on gaf.

It was a nice reminder and appreciated. ;-)

salromano

Me too. Maybe surprise Anime Expo announcement?

Since Anime Expo and Japan Expo are next week, I figured I'd put together a handy schedule of things to look out for.

Anime Expo (Los Angeles time)
On the show floor: Aksys Games, Atlus, Bandai Namco, Capcom, GungHo Online Entertainment, Idea Factory International, Koei Tecmo, NIS America, PQube Steins;Gate

Thursday, July 2

Friday, July 3

Saturday, July 4

Japan Expo (Paris time)

Thursday, July 2

• 14:15 - 15:45 - Bandai Namco Festival 1 - Many guests are coming all the way from Japan to present their titles, among whom Hiroshi MATSUYAMA from the studio Cyberconnect 2 who's presenting the much expected Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. Come discover One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 with Hisashi KOINUMA from Koei Tecmo Games and Koji NAKAJIMA! Yousuke FUTAMI is presenting Sword Art Online: Lost Song, the game adapted from the famous novels and anime, and Ryo MITO will unveil a surprise about Saint Seiya: Soldier's Soul, the new game based on the cult saga. http://www.japan-expo-paris.com/en/programme/2015-07-02/bandai-namco-festival-1_1174.htm

Friday, July 3

• 13:30 - 15:00 - The Great Nintendo Event feat. Shigeru Miyamoto - There’s no doubt that Shigeru MIYAMOTO is one of the biggest name in the field of video games to this day and Japan Expo has the great honor to count him as one of the 16th Impact guests: Mario’s creator will be present as our Video Game Guest of Honor! http://www.japan-expo-paris.com/en/...ru-miyamoto-video-game-guest-of-honor_919.htm

Saturday, July 4

• 11:30 to 13:00 - 14:15 - 15:45 - Bandai Namco Festival 2 - Many guests are coming all the way from Japan to present their titles, among whom Hiroshi MATSUYAMA from the studio Cyberconnect 2 who's presenting the much expected Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. Come discover One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 with Hisashi KOINUMA from Koei Tecmo Games and Koji NAKAJIMA! Yousuke FUTAMI is presenting Sword Art Online: Lost Song, the game adapted from the famous novels and anime, and Ryo MITO will unveil a surprise about Saint Seiya: Soldier's Soul, the new game based on the cult saga. http://www.japan-expo-paris.com/en/programme/2015-07-04/bandai-namco-festival-2_1176.htm

Sunday, July 5

Recap of last year's announcements:

Anime Expo

[Localization] htoL #NiQ: The Firefly Diary

[Localization] Criminal Girls: Invite Only

[Localization} The Awakened Fate Ultimatum

[Localization] Under-Night In-Birth Exe:Late

[Localization] Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

[Date] Muramasa Rebirth's third DLC

[Tease] NISA teased a new Disgaea game announcement for the fall (Disgaea 5)

[Tech Demo] Sword Art Online for Oculus Rift

Japan Expo

[Announce] Terra Battle

[Date] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

[Date] Tales of Hearts R

[DLC] One Piece: Unlimited World Red 'Red Stands Alone'

Anyway, I think/hope this year we're getting Zero Escape 3 or whatever Aksys is teasing with 4infinity.co, as well as confirmation of the Digimon World: Cyber Sleuth localization/PS4 version that Amazon Canada leaked last week.

Anyway, I think/hope this year we're getting Zero Escape 3 or whatever Aksys is teasing with 4infinity.co, as well as confirmation of the Digimon World: Cyber Sleuth localization/PS4 version that Amazon Canada leaked last week.

Didn't know Bamco were showing at Anime Expo, guess that makes Digimon pretty likely then, yeah.

I suspect Witch & Hundred Knight PS4 will be one of NISA's announcements. High probability of Stranger of Sword City too, imo.

And I thought IFI had a panel, but it seems they're just on the show floor:

http://ideafintl.com/updates/2015/06/25/1834.html

Still, that final part seems to suggest they might be announcing Amnesia: Memories LE at the show, or somesuch.

Since Anime Expo and Japan Expo are next week, I figured I'd put together a handy schedule of things to look out for.

I'd like to add that as far as Vita VN announcements are concerned, I fully expect we'll get a NA release date for Steins;Gate as well as a localization announcement for Chaos;Head Noah (or if we're lucky, Chaos;Head Dual). There's not really a schedule for this, but there's going to be a PQube Steins;Gate booth in the exhibit hall at the very least.

salromano

I'd like to add that as far as Vita VN announcements are concerned, I fully expect we'll get a NA release date for Steins;Gate as well as a localization announcement for Chaos;Head Noah (or if we're lucky, Chaos;Head Dual). There's not really a schedule for this, but there's going to be a PQube Steins;Gate booth in the exhibit hall at the very least.

Tossed in an "on the show floor" section.

Shizuka

Let's see, so far we have NISA, Aksys, IFI and PQube making announcements at Anime Expo. Bandai Namco, I've never read a press release or direct info from them that they're attending the event, it may be just that Paris Japan Expo that happens at the same time as Anime Expo.

There are other developers like MangaGamer that will announce games at the event, but mostly PC-only.

Edit: Missed Sal's amazing post, my bad.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Great stuff, thanks for taking the time out to do this post.

Saphirax

Also; God Eater festival is this Sunday. Seems likely we'll be getting some GE localization news.

Shizuka

Another almost guaranteed announcement will be Chaos;Head Noah (PS3/Vita), since both PQube staff and Steins;Gate translators have been teasing it for the past month or so.

Edit: And again, I'm late. Lemme sort my shit together and I'll be back soon.

Yeah, I'm expecting and hoping we get both of these. I've held off on getting Steins;Gate, so I'm ready for them to announce it for NA.

I expect NISA to announce a visual novel as well as Witch and the Hundred Knight PS4.

Bandai Namco should finally shed some light on Digimon.

Li Kao

Please excuse the OT but this is community and I like it here :p

I'm in the middle of brainstorming a list of to-play next for the summer. Never did that but, while I never really cared for the notion of backlog, I feel these days one can't possibly play all he would like to play. Add the impulse buying and so many classic games are left unplayed it's sad.
It will be thought though, the whole thing begins looking a little too much like work.

But man, isn't it ample time for my never realized MGS marathon ? And the billion Megaten I have left to play ?

autoduelist

i used to be like this honestly, but after really looking over the psp library i can only find one good looking game that you can't play with the vita, a lot of the psp's library looks really mediocre

There are a lot i want. Metal Gear Acids. Lord of the Rings Tactics. R Type command. Marvel Trading card game. Socom games (maybe they are vita comp i can't remember). Various Warhammer games. Valkyria Profile Lenneth.
And I'm sure there are others.

I would have preferred less features for a smaller price (no back touchpad, no 2nd camera, no OLED, as great as it is), but in general I agree. Best dpad ever made <3

the back touch sounded like it might be a good idea to me at the time. At least, I figured they'd played with prototypes and liked it enough to include. In retrospect, definitely should have skipped it.

I think that, and the dual cameras, etc, were hedging their bets... they wanted to make sure it had a lot of capabilities. Some of them just didn't pan out.

So ETA on the NA PSN flash sale?

in general, store sales and updates finalize at 2pm PST (pacific standard). They may be up earlier. In general, they've been pretty on time for the past 2 years or so... before that it was a crap shoot.

SAO Hollow Fragment
Tales of Hearts R
Mind Zero
Monster Monpiece
New Little King's Story
Soul Sacrifice
Pocket RPG
Dungeon Hunter Alliance

We know, though there may be some games missing from your list. At least, I'm pretty sure fate/extra is on sale according to wario, and i believe that's vita compatible? maybe i'm wrong.

RK128

Hello guys, the Flash is live on the Vita side of the PS Store, so tittles like SAO: Hallow Fragment (14 bucks), Tales of Heart R (14 bucks) and Mind Zero (10 bucks) are at great prices.

Got Tales of Hearts R and plan on getting VC2 when that discount goes live alongside other stuff :).

pariah164

Hello guys, the Flash is live on the Vita side of the PS Store, so tittles like SAO: Hallow Fragment (14 bucks), Tales of Heart R (14 bucks) and Mind Zero (10 bucks) are at great prices.

Got Tales of Hearts R and plan on getting VC2 when that discount goes live alongside other stuff :).
Mind Zero is $10... Hnnngh. I know it's bad, still tempted tho.

Producer

There is something about this game. I know it's bad too, I even watched some gameplay videos and didn't like what I saw and yet I still kinda want to play it.

Its what happens when theres a small amount of jrpgs on a system so you settle for the mediocre ones.

Reset

Prices are live for the flash sale. $6 for HDN is a steal.
That game isn't fun at all. Annoying characters, dumb story, mediocre combat system, and in the beginning-middle of the game there are unfair difficulty spikes all over the place. The difficulty spikes are gone by the end of the game, but by then you can break the game by charging up the "Super" meter before entering the boss fight and then using it first turn taking off 75% of the bosses' hp. The devs don't even know how to balance the game. Oh and each dungeon/map look ugly and they all have the same annoying music playing the entire time.

Don't buy the game, it's not worth $6.

Top Bottom