• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now Subscription Program: All The Details

Footos22

Not a bad price, but when this hits the UK it'll be £45 for 3 months instead of being about £30. Hopefully they do yearly subscriptions to bring the price down even more.

It's definitely moving into the right direction. Price is debatable but I'm sure there's still room for price breaks or special offers.

Could you please link me to a Vita playable version of Last of Us in Denmark for less then 19.99?

Deadly Premonition is fine too.

Maybe your shopping savvy can help me out, since apparently I don't have any.

You could buy a PS3 and both games for less than the yearly cost of PS Now.

If you want to burn money to play a streamed version of TLOU, go right ahead. It just means that you're not good at shopping for video games.

Awesome they are putting up Red Faction Armageddon

I also saw a pic for Ico / Shadow of the Colossus HD in the pic of the game cases didn't I?

I have a feeling they will use big marquee titles like Uncharted 2 and Demons Souls and Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time and such like that as ways to up their monthly subscriptions. So you'll see those slowly release over time.

Could you please link me to a Vita playable version of Last of Us in Denmark for less then 19.99?

Deadly Premonition is fine too.

Maybe your shopping savvy can help me out, since apparently I don't have any.

I guess he means you should be so savvy as to not to even want to do this in the first place. Which is more elitist than savvy to me.

Elios83

Seems a good deal for those who don't have a PS3 (so it's not surprising that in the blog post they seem to be targeting that group explicitly).
Also Samsung should formally announce/showcase its TVs with PSNow support at CES, so the timing of the announcement isn't surprising either.
Point is that for those who already own a PS3 it's just better to keep the console. PSNow is not the ideal solution to backwards compatibility because the infrastructure costs are too high, it's more a way to bring and sell Playstation games to people without console hardware and prepare for the cloud gaming future.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
PSNOW games

1. Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I don't know
  2. Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
  3. Air Conflicts: Secret Wars
  4. Air Conflicts: Vietnam
  5. Alien Rage
  6. Alien Spidy
  7. All Zombies Must Die
  8. Alone in the Dark: Inferno
  9. Alpha Protocol
  10. Anomaly: Warzone Earth
  11. Back to the Future™: Episode 1 - It's About Time
  12. Back to the Future™: Episode 2 - Get Tannen!
  13. Back to the Future™: Episode 3 - Citizen Brown
  14. Back to the Future™: Episode 4 - Double Visions
  15. Back to the Future™: Episode 5 - OUTATIME
  16. Baseball Stars 2
  17. Battle Fantasia
  18. Bejeweled 3
  19. Ben 10: Omniverse
  20. Ben 10: Omniverse 2
  21. Big Sky: Infinity
  22. Bionic Commando™: Rearmed
  23. Bionic Commando™: Rearmed 2
  24. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
  25. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
  26. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
  27. Bloodrayne: Betrayal
  28. Bodycount
  29. Bound By Flame
  30. Capcom Arcade Cabinet: All-In-One Pack
  31. Catherine
  32. Cel Damage HD
  33. Chime Super Deluxe
  34. Choplifter HD
  35. Contrast
  36. Crazy Taxi
  37. Critter Crunch
  38. Cuboid Ultimate Bundle
  39. Damnation
  40. Darksiders
  41. Darksiders 2
  42. Dead Island
  43. Dead Island Riptide
  44. Dead or Alive® 5
  45. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  46. DEAD RISING® 2
  47. Dead Space 3
  48. Deadliest Warrior Legends
  49. Deadliest Warriors: The Game (No DLC)
  50. Death Track: Resurrection
  51. Deus Ex: The Human Revolution
  52. DiRT 3
  53. Dirt Showdown
  54. Dogfight 1942
  55. Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp
  56. Dragon's Lair®
  57. Dynasty Warriors 7
  58. Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
  59. Earth Defense Force 2025
  60. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armaggedon
  61. Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
  62. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
  63. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  64. Everyday Shooter
  65. F1 2013
  66. Farming Simulator
  67. Fighting Vipers
  68. Final Exam
  69. Final Fantasy XIII
  70. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  71. Galaga Legions DX
  72. God of War: Ascension
  73. Greg Hastings Paintball 2
  74. GRiD 2
  75. Gripshift v2.0
  76. Guacamelee
  77. Hakuoki Stories of the Shinsengumi
  78. Hamilton's Great Adventure
  79. Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
  80. Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
  81. House of the Dead 3
  82. House of the Dead 4
  83. House of the Dead Overkill: Extended Cut
  84. Hunter’s Trophy 2 : America
  85. Infamous
  86. Infamous 1
  87. Infamous 2
  88. Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos
  89. Jimmie Johnson’s Anything with an Engine
  90. Judge Dee
  91. Just Cause 2
  92. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
  93. Killzone 3
  94. Knytt Underground
  95. Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
  96. Lone Survivor
  97. Lost Planet 2
  98. Lumines Supernova
  99. Madagascar 3: The Video Game
  100. Magician Lord
  101. Magus
  102. Mahjong: Ancient Wisdom
  103. Mass Effect 2
  104. Matt Hazard: Blood Bath & Beyond
  105. Megaman 10
  106. Megaman 9
  107. Mercury HG
  108. Metal Slug 2
  109. Mirror's Edge
  110. Moto GP 13
  111. MouseCraft
  112. MX vs ATV: Alive
  113. NASCAR '14
  114. NBA Jam on Fire
  115. Nights Into Dreams
  116. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge with Online Pass
  117. Ninja Gaiden Sigma II
  118. Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD
  119. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
  120. Of Orcs and Men
  121. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  122. Operation Flashpoint: Red River
  123. Order Up
  124. Overlord 2
  125. Overlord: Raising Hell
  126. Painkiller: Hell & damnation
  127. Papo & Yo
  128. Payday: The Heist
  129. PixelJunk Eden
  130. PixelJunk Monsters
  131. PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap
  132. PixelJunk Shooter
  133. PixelJunk Shooter 2
  134. Planet Minigolf
  135. Port Royale 3: Gold
  136. Proteus
  137. Pure Chess
  138. Rainbow Moon
  139. Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
  140. Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
  141. Realms of Ancient War
  142. Record of Agarest War
  143. Record of Agarest War 2
  144. Record of Agarest War Zero
  145. Red Faction®: Armageddon™
  146. Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
  147. Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
  148. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles HD
  149. Retro/Grade
  150. Ricochet HD
  151. Rise of the Argonauts
  152. Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
  153. Rochard
  154. Rocket Knight
  155. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  156. Saints Row 2
  157. Saints Row 3
  158. Saints Row 4
  159. Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Ep 1
  160. Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Ep 2
  161. Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Ep 3
  162. Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Ep 4
  163. Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Ep 5
  164. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse- Eps 1: The Penal Zone
  165. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse- Eps 2
  166. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse- Eps 3
  167. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse- Eps 4
  168. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse- Eps 5
  169. Samurai Shodown
  170. Sega Bass Fishing
  171. Shatter
  172. Skullgirls Encore
  173. Sky Fighter
  174. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  175. Sniper Elite V2
  176. Sniper: Ghost Warrior
  177. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  178. Soldner-X: Himmelsstrumer
  179. Soldner-X2: Final Prototype
  180. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
  181. Sonic CD
  182. Sonic Generations
  183. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1
  184. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2
  185. Space Ace
  186. Stealth Inc: Deluxe
  187. Stick it to The Man
  188. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
  189. Swarm
  190. Tales from Space: About a Blob
  191. The Cave
  192. The King of Fighters XIII
  193. The Sly Collection
  194. Thomas Was Alone
  195. Titan Attacks
  196. Truck Racer
  197. Turbo: Super Stunt Squad
  198. Twisted Metal
  199. Ultra Street Fighter 4
  200. Urban Trial Freestyle
  201. Velocity Ultra
  202. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
  203. Wakeboarding HD
  204. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  205. Way of the Samurai 3
  206. WRC 4
  207. Zen Pinball 2: Classics
  208. Zeno Clash 2
  209. Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now/PlayStation-Now-Title-List/td-p/44466574

Wheres XCOM? They advertised it in the video.

Storm360

Oh so Sony have no plans to release this anywhere other than US? The more you know.........LOL

No but it's gonna take time, a expansion of the service hasn't even been teased.

and a expansion probably wouldn't cover places like denmark etc for a while, it will probably only cover UK, France/Germany etc like most services do

maxcriden

I agree with this. I don't get how it's an additional service that ps+ subscribers are not getting a better deal for. I was sort of expecting them to bundle it with ps+ making it a higher price of like $99 or something like that. It would of made more sense like that.

For sure. Seems like it would've made a heck of a lot more sense. It's mystifying to me that if you're a PS4 owner you also need a PS2 and/or PS3 to play previous PS games. At the very least I would think all PSX games that were released on PS3 would also be on PS4 as Virtual Console/PSN-type releases.

Kosma

Banned

If you want to burn money to play a streamed version of TLOU, go right ahead. It just means that you're not good at shopping for video games.

Or it means i don't want to clutter my home with another plastic box under the tv, want access to 100+ games at all times both on the PS4 and Vita.

Maybe you are just not good at earning money if you think 20 bucks a month is too much...

CHC

BOOM, this is what we've been waiting for. Amazing price. Seriously. Anyone complaining needs to reevaluate the value of $15.

FranXico

This pricing is more like it. A NetFlix-esque subscription service.

Now considering trying it out for a month... if it ever comes to Europe :(

And the other 207 games? The appeal of this is

1) A large library of games you can impulse play
2) Games playable on the device of his choice

Your solution is certainly cheaper, but doesn't address either of those. It would be like telling someone not to use Netflix, but only buy a DVD player and the DVDs they want. It might be cheaper, but rather misses the point. (Admittedly Netflix is better value than PSNow)

Venturer

Not a bad price point really, could see myself subscibing for 3months to finish the games on there that I missed last gen.

potam

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me if they offered it at like $12.99 for PS+ at some point. Any word on whether it will be a limited selection of PS3 games, or will it be everything they have on PS Now?

robotrock

Banned
PS Plus only gives me 1gb of cloud save space anyways. Is this going to be a problem when I try and play all of these games and save

The Boat

Ill sub at that price if this comes to the EU and it works decent.

You want Sony to provide a free streaming service to many devices because you own an old PS3 game? Bit much no?

This is a whole new service.

I mean I'd love if I could stream all my old DVDs, VHS and CD's for free too on my 2015 devices.
I didn't say it had to be free. Considering the console doesn't have BC, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a substitute.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'd imagine 14.99 for one month, and 39.99 for three months.

That's if playstation now ever gets released here.
I think that would be a fantastic UK price point. I'd pay that all day long.

I really like the sound of this. My only criticism is that there's no sort of discount for PS Plus members. I think a discounted sub for Plus members would have been great.

I guess he means you should be so savvy as to not to even want to do this in the first place. Which is more elitist than savvy to me.

Damn right it is. People acting like this is a "good deal" don't know what the fuck they're talking about and deserve to be called out on it.

For what it is, PS Now is a decent service, but don't act like you're not paying a premium price for convenience.

I am scared of PSNow, how many more years before we end up just paying to use a service like this, Instead of the traditional purchase of a physical copy.

Peace Tea

Glad they didn't fuck up the price. Still not sure if I'm more interested in seeing an expanded PS3 library (200+ total games), or the addition of a grand PS1/2 catalogue.

I guess if they added both those I could see myself paying for the service 4-5 times a year.

You get trophies from PS Now games, right? Do we know if these add to existing trophy lists, or if they'll be a new trophy list? The only reason I ask is to try and ascertain whether I can abandon some of my backlog with the intention of picking it up again next gen, or if it'll screw up trophies maybe I'll just try to finish up these games while I still have my PS3 set up.

Storm360

Show me where i can find PS3 + TLOU for $20.

He said for the price of a yearly subscription.

Anyways, assuming your subscribing to this, you have a PS4 (since the service is PS4 only ATM), then get TLoU Remastered from the thread I linked earlier for $18.50

You can't even 100% half of these games because of no DLC. That makes it worthless to me straight away

EDIT: @TriggerHappy

This will combine into the trophy list of your current games, but they have no DLC so you can't get any DLC trophies so it will fuck up trying to go for 100% anyways

TomShoe

Banned
$15 a month, I can dig it. Much better than the current individual prices.

I am scared of PSNow, how many more years before we end up just paying to use a service like this, Instead of the traditional purchase of a physical copy.

It will be a long time before internet speeds are fast and reliable enough to support this as our primary method of playing games. ISPs in America being 100 years behind everyone else only helps from that standpoint.

cheezcake

Can you just put Demons Souls on PSNOW and get some Aus servers going, thanks Sony
This will never happen =(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He said for the price of a yearly subscription.

Anyways, assuming your subscribing to this, you have a PS4 (since the service is PS4 only ATM), then get TLoU Remastered from the thread I linked earlier for $18.50

You can't even 100% half of these games because of no DLC. That makes it worthless to me straight away

It's on PS3 and vita too. Oh just the sub service you mean. Well it will be rolls sout soon I imagine.

Okay wow people are bitching about the price when it's basically Gamefly prices with zero waiting and 100+ games at your finger tips instead of one at a time. I'm convinced there is no reasonable price point Sony could possibly strike without massive whining.

But who is using Gamefly for old PS3 games? Most people I know use Gamefly for new games, so the price point should not be the same based on the date of the product you are getting

Mihos

Gold Member
This isn't too bad at all, but I think I will wait a bit to see if there is any PS+ Platinum deals that include streaming, I would just by an annual if it was there. Being able to stream these to my Vita, Vita TV, and PS4 is pretty damn good. Does this work with the Sony phones also?

The quality for me has been decent on what I have played, but I am really wanting more RPGs more than anything actiony. I wish hotel WiFi would be up to the challenge, but it never seems to work out.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Well I imagine the direction will be more like Steam than Netflix.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This is going to be much much bigger than people on forums think, especially when it hits other TVs, pads, phones and Blu-ray players.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Not yet

From OP

"The subscription service will be available first on PS4 across North America, and will come to other PlayStation Now enabled devices in the future."
Yeah I misinterpreted what you were saying. Sony needs to focus on rolling it out to more non ps devices.

Top Bottom