• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

Bii

So...where can I get an 8GB or 16GB Vita memory card the cheapest? The darn memory card will probably end up costing me more than what I paid for the PSTV. :/

OmegaDL50

How is the lag with PS1 games on Vita TV? This determines wether they stay on my PS3, or wether I sacrifice some precious proprietary memory card space!

Some games that run full speed on the PS3 have some minor lag on the PSTV.

For example Suikoden II and spell animations. Casting Flaming Arrows causes noticeable slowdown, but runs full speed on the PS3.

This is only one example I can think of but I don't know if this a deal breaker. Still awesome playing Suikoden II on a PSTV though.

HUELEN10

Still, even with slight flaws... A current-gen console for 30 used is unbeatable. I am so, so satisfied with my Vita TV. It's like everything the PS4 was not for me, so much so that I boxed the PS4 away and the Vita has taken its place on the TV stand and input selector.

This hacking/homebrew development was a godsend. I am so happy I didn't let the PS4 sour me on Sony's other 8th-gen system. So many games that I have to look into now!

Tanston

Just ordered one of these for 30 bucks and also a copy of P4 Golden. What I didn't order was a ridiculously expensive memory card. I had read on another forum that the internal memory was enough to play persona can someone confirm that? I'm also very interested in trying Dragons Crown, can someone advise if that is possible to play without a memory card assuming i buy the physical cart? I'm sure i'll break down and get a memory card eventually but money is tight for now and I really want to play those two games.

The End

Just ordered one of these for 30 bucks and also a copy of P4 Golden. What I didn't order was a ridiculously expensive memory card. I had read on another forum that the internal memory was enough to play persona can someone confirm that? I'm also very interested in trying Dragons Crown, can someone advise if that is possible to play without a memory card assuming i buy the physical cart? I'm sure i'll break down and get a memory card eventually but money is tight for now and I really want to play those two games.

yeah, the internal memory is enough for savegames and patches and whatnot. IIRC there's 1Gb internal.

bomblord1

Banned
Any idea why I would get a black screen when plugging in the vita TV for the first time in months?

Had that once held the power button for several seconds until the light went off and then unplugged it and plugged it back in.

Had to reset date and time but it worked after that

Tanston

yeah, the internal memory is enough for savegames and patches and whatnot. IIRC there's 1Gb internal.

Awesome thank you, sounds like I won't need a memory card unless I want to start playing the free ps+ offerings or shop digitally.

Been reading up on vita games, sounds like as an J-RPG fan Tales of Hearts R is the next game i need to play after Persona.

Awesome thank you, sounds like I won't need a memory card unless I want to start playing the free ps+ offerings or shop digitally.

Been reading up on vita games, sounds like as an J-RPG fan Tales of Hearts R is the next game i need to play after Persona.

Yup, Tales of Hearts R is great,Danganronpa is good as well. Ys Memories of Celceta is another that gets recommended, but I haven't played it.

Andrefpvs

With the most recent firmwares, does switching my memory card between my Vita and PS TV still mess up the order of the bubbles?

Ys: Memories of Celceta is now compatible with the PSTV, officially! Didn't even need a patch, just a refresh of the LiveArea. Makes me wonder why this wasn't the case at launch...

Edit: North America digital copy here.

Ys: Memories of Celceta is now compatible with the PSTV, officially! Didn't even need a patch, just a refresh of the LiveArea. Makes me wonder why this wasn't the case at launch...

Edit: North America digital copy here.

Fantastic, and what timing. I was all set to use the email exploit specifically for it.

fvng

I can understand why games like Gravity Rush and Tearaway were not on the white list because of hardware issues that prevent you from playing the game well...

but Ys Celceta? What possible reason could they have used to not white list that game?

but Ys Celceta? What possible reason could they have used to not white list that game?

It's been said several times in the past that Falcom needed to sign off on the English patch for it, which everyone assumed would never happen since it takes forever for them to get around to anything.

Jingo

Some help guys, so i connected a bluetooth headset to the ps vita but now my audio is all coming from the headset, is there a way to put the chat coming from the headset and the audio coming from the tv?

Also, when i enter remote play, the chat disconects and i can only listen to my friends talk but the headset dont work, can anyone help with a solution?

Thank you

flyover

Liked this Vita Lounge article on the PSTV:

http://thevitalounge.net/2015/10/05/the-life-and-fall-of-the-playstation-tv/

It's nice to see that there are others out there who still love it -- even if Sony doesn't.

I would love if they framed it like Apple did with Apple TV for years: as a hobby. Then they could keep supporting it and building for it with a skeleton crew of just a few people. Keep future firmware updates (especially regarding the UI) independent from the Vita. Use it as a low-risk testbed for tech and design features that may make their way into other, more widespread consoles and devices. Work on the PS1 emulation and make it the best way (short of an original console and a Framemeister) to play the classics on an HDTV.

I know it's dead, and that was dead before it ever released here in the US. But I still wish it could have a continuing place (a tiny one) in Sony's ecosystem.

The End

Supposedly the latest FW update enables Ys on PSTV?

I've been using the whitelist hack to play it but i'll update if that's the case so I can play Freedom Wars online again

bomblord1

Banned
Yep, can confirm for NA. Apparently EU wasn't as lucky, though.

Wait, wait, wait, wait. WHAT?!!

Dang this is like the one game I was missing going to have to buy it now.

I would just like you to confirm that you are confirming it and that you are not running the whitelist hack because if I buy it and it doesn't work I will be upset :(

NeOak

Wait, wait, wait, wait. WHAT?!!

Dang this is like the one game I was missing going to have to buy it now.

I would just like you to confirm that you are confirming it and that you are not running the whitelist hack because if I buy it and it doesn't work I will be upset :(

Doesn't need the hack. It was ninja enabled for NA.

Chris R

So I have a question... why am I getting PS4 link issues with both devices hardwired into the same router? Granted, I'm using Cat 5E cable, but that shouldn't be an issue?

Ys gets enabled days after I finish the game on standard Vita? You're welcome, everybody.

Wish I was able to experience that music on proper speakers.

true Gek

Hi GAF! I bought today my third PSVita system, a PSTV at the glorious price of 20€. GameStop Italy is placing it, both online and in the shops, at this insane price and I decided to jump in!

Some suggestions, tips, curiosity about this tiny console?

bomblord1

Banned
Hi GAF! I bought today my third PSVita system, a PSTV at the glorious price of 20€. GameStop Italy is placing it, both online and in the shops, at this insane price and I decided to jump in!

Anything new. Some of the best looking games I've personally played on the PSTV are Dangan Ronpa (all 3 particularly Ultra Despair girls which could pass for a native 900p game AA in the game is insane), Disgaea 4, Tales of Hearts R, and Freedom Wars. I've heard Killzone looks gorgeous but I haven't played that one personally.

Prelude.

I have no need for a non portable Vita but, goddamn, I would have bought it for €20 if it wasn't sold out.

Necro900

Anything new. Some of the best looking games I've personally played on the PSTV are Dangan Ronpa (all 3 particularly Ultra Despair girls which could pass for a native 900p game AA in the game is insane), Disgaea 4, Tales of Hearts R, and Freedom Wars. I've heard Killzone looks gorgeous but I haven't played that one personally.

Just jumped on the PSTV bandwagon too, thanks to Gamestop Italy.
Is the mail exploit still relevant/useful? I can't find the thread anymore, was it deleted for some reason?

EDIT: nvm found it via google http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116430
Am I right in assuming this allows for emulator to work in vita-native mode?

bomblord1

Banned
Just jumped on the PSTV bandwagon too, thanks to Gamestop Italy.
Is the mail exploit still relevant/useful? I can't find the thread anymore, was it deleted for some reason?

EDIT: nvm found it via google http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116430
Am I right in assuming this allows for emulator to work in vita-native mode?

All it does is edit the whitelist and the latest firmware breaks it so you probably shouldn't.

Just got my PSTV (paid £33 for a new one)! Looking for some Vita-exclusive games to check out - any suggestions?

Soul Sacrifice Delta is the most impressive exclusive for me. Great production values, a memorable setting and theme, and some incredibly deep gameplay mechanics. It's the game that makes me treasure my PSTV and plays damn nicely on Dualshock 4.

JerkShep

Bought a PAL PS TV from Gamestop (for 20 euros, can't say no to that price), but I know hardly anything about the system. My more immediate question is as follows: I have a (PAL) PS4 on which I use two accounts, my "normal" account which is european, and an US account too, since a lot of times buying there is cheaper (I think I set the US as my master account?). Does it work in the same way for digital downloads on the PS TV? Can I set up both accounts and decide freely where to buy digital games?

sensui-tomo

Bought a PAL PS TV from Gamestop (for 20 euros, can't say no to that price), but I know hardly anything about the system. My more immediate question is as follows: I have a (PAL) PS4 on which I use two accounts, my "normal" account which is european, and an US account too, since a lot of times buying there is cheaper (I think I set the US as my master account?). Does it work in the same way for digital downloads on the PS TV? Can I set up both accounts and decide freely where to buy digital games?

One account only, switching accounts is a mess and does not work like the consoles.

JerkShep

One account only, switching accounts is a mess and does not work like the consoles.

Oh ok then. So the next question would be: which is considered the "best" store? Tempted to use an US account but I don't know which is better in terms of updates/sales/etc.
Also, if I set up my PAL PS TV with an US account, can I still play physical games bought here in my country (they would be PAL games)?

Thank you very much, btw.

Deft Beck

Oh ok then. So the next question would be: which is considered the "best" store? Tempted to use an US account but I don't know which is better in terms of updates/sales/etc.
Also, if I set up my PAL PS TV with an US account, can I still play physical games bought here in my country (they would be PAL games)?

Thank you very much, btw.

The PS TV, like the Vita, can play physical games from all regions. Of course, the game has to be compatible with the unit itself.

Mets9

Yeah, got it too for 20 euro from GS Italy last week. Still have to boot it for the first time, I actually don't know if I should update it and lose the whitelist "hack" or if I should wait and keep it. I want to get freedom wars for it and other games maybe. BTW it's really small!

Deft Beck

Yeah, got it too for 20 euro from GS Italy last week. Still have to boot it for the first time, I actually don't know if I should update it and lose the whitelist "hack" or if I should wait and keep it. I want to get freedom wars for it and other games maybe. BTW it's really small!

IIRC, the whitelist hack is removed whenever you download something from the store.

Top Bottom