• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

The only thing that sucks so far in my city is that I'm apparently the only person that chose Team Yellow. That's obviously a bit hyperbolic, but I've literally not ran into one Yellow gym so far.

I managed to have 13 gyms active at one point today (I was out driving for work), but a few of them have already been defeated. My gym with a ~700CP Flareon should hopefully stand for a while though.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
my servers are still down - using google account. near nyc.

wish list: ability to flag landmarks on my map, so i can return at a later point.

Fink

Thanks for the answers!

Last thing. Does incense bring Pokemon to exactly where I am? Or would I still have to walk around afterwards? I don't want to waste them.

MajorMane

Thanks for the answers!

Last thing. Does incense bring Pokemon to exactly where I am? Or would I still have to walk around afterwards? I don't want to waste them.

They come to you, but they're not constant. One every 3 to 5 minutes or so.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
any difference between having a pokemon club account and a google account? Can't create a pokemon club account at all - errors everywhere.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Preferably at real hospitals.
Haha no need for Pokemon hunters to affect ingress (no pun intended) traffic at actual hospital parking lots. Should be vets, pet shops and supply stores !
You need to have the app open. Running it in the background doesn't count. You could turn on battery saver though and if you put your phone in your pocket (it has to be upside down vertically) the screen turns off but the app is still running and will also still notify you of new pokemon and stuff
Having to turn it upside down seems so bizarre and limits what would be a really handy feature for me. I often keep my phone in my backpack oriented landscape. :/
Has anyone caught a Sandshrew/Sandslash? He's my favorite and I'm not seeing anyone's pictures with one.
Hey, mine too! Haven't seen any. :(

lynguist

Neo Member
It's really tilting they don't do worldwide releases. I mean it's possible to circumvent regional lockout and people that do get a headstart on those that don't. (E.g. with becoming gym leaders etc.)

I really don't find a single reason why they wouldn't do a worldwide release.

Caught a beedrill while in my car driving with one eye on the road :eek:

Nah I'm a passenger on my way to the mall and a beedrill popped up
Took 3 pokeballs lol , it kept breaking out lol

Mewtwo will take like 50 at this rate

Can Niantic stop tpaining and fix the servers already.
deadmanny.png

MajorMane

It's really tilting they don't do worldwide releases. I mean it's possible to circumvent regional lockout and people that do get a headstart on those that don't. (E.g. with becoming gym leaders etc.)

I really don't find a single reason why they wouldn't do a worldwide release.

Further stress on servers from a worldwide release than they're already getting hammered with in this rolled out release.

Noobcraft

My chemistry professor brought this game up in class today lol. Then I saw people wandering around campus talking about gyms or something.

XxCGSxX

For the people that have the problem that nothing shows up on the map, since it was working yesterday, this has nothing to do with my location correct? I'm from Puerto Rico so I hope it isn't a case of my country being blocked or something.

MajorMane

For the people that have the problem that nothing shows up on the map, since it was working yesterday, this has nothing to do with my location correct? I'm from Puerto Rico so I hope it isn't a case of my country being blocked or something.

I think someone said if the rotating Pokeball in the top left is grey that it's region locked. Otherwise, it's probably just servers.

I know this is a little off topic because I haven't been able to create a Pokemon account for this game

But did you see some kid in Chicago got stabbed when he was playing Pokemon Go and walked into a bad neighborhood and he didn't realize it. So sad man.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Caught a beedrill while in my car driving with one eye on the road :eek:

Nah I'm a passenger on my way to the mall and a beedrill popped up
Took 3 pokeballs lol , it kept breaking out lol

Mewtwo will take like 50 at this rate
There exist great balls and ultra balls, perhaps even Master.
I know this is a little off topic because I haven't been able to create a Pokemon account for this game

But did you see some kid in Chicago got stabbed when he was playing Pokemon Go and walked into a bad neighborhood and he didn't realize it. So sad man.
Unless you have another source than the one I have seen, that is a fake news story from a satirical website.

Got my copy, went out for a walk. Caught 2 Mankey, 2 Pidgeys, 3 Paras, Eevee, Growlithe, Geodude, Rattata, and Doduo. Hoping to get my favorites eventually. Going to work later too.

What's the deal with Pokémon trainer club?

I'm trying to create a account for my daughter but keep getting error codes and slow downs.

The bugginess of this is something else. I think the concept is great and when it works it can be great fun, but between server errors, pokeballs getting stuck under pokemon feet (or just rolling away endlessly), weird gym bugs like invulnerable 1hp pokemon and your Pokemon being assigned to another trainer for some reason, etc. etc... it's really starting to dampen the experience.

Korezo

Had to dl a program that blocks apps from knowing my device is jail broken and now can play. Are you suppose to make a Pokemon trainer account to play? Shit is down!

Seth

I used an incense and was immediatley kick out and now I can't log back in.

Does the timer on the incense only count down while i'm in the game? Or anyway to contact them to get an item restored?

How do factions work in this game? What benefit do I get from a gym controlled by my faction but not controlled by me? Can I still try to challenge it?

Zunja

Really digging it so far. Went out to my mailbox and got a 300 Pinser. Other than that my house seems to be Eevee central I can't find anything else.

Really really enjoying it. I hope we can trade and battle other players soon. It'd be fun to visit family and bring pokemon.

Red

I used an incense and was immediatley kick out and now I can't log back in.

Does the timer on the incense only count down while i'm in the game? Or anyway to contact them to get an item restored?
Same thing happened to me. When I got back in I had 2 minutes left on my timer, but three Pokemon had appeared around me. So if you stay in that location until you can log back in you might be able to access the Pokemon which have appeared, even if your timer runs out.

MajorMane

How do factions work in this game? What benefit do I get from a gym controlled by my faction but not controlled by me? Can I still try to challenge it?

You can challenge it and help it gain prestige or something like that. Not entirely sure how it works. But you can also leave a Pokemon there (up to 6 different people can leave up to 6 Pokemon, I believe) even if you weren't there first and it's your faction controlled.

105.Will

Really digging it so far. Went out to my mailbox and got a 300 Pinser. Other than that my house seems to be Eevee central I can't find anything else.

Really really enjoying it. I hope we can trade and battle other players soon. It'd be fun to visit family and bring pokemon.

Do you know how the Eeveelutions work in this game? Can you evolve your eevee into anything?

Top Bottom