• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

Zunja

Do you know how the Eeveelutions work in this game? Can you evolve your eevee into anything?

From what I've seen of other people and mine is it's totally random. If there is something to it I have no idea. Mine just do whatever they feel like it seems.

Darryl

Banned
me and the gf walked down to the school campus last night and we both caught a krabby at our school fountain. same exact krabby, same spot. it makes me think that you can probably duplicate a lot of your findings with your friends. if you go for a walk you guys will probably all catch the same rare Pokemon.

also, it's cute because we werent in a area with water. that krabby was at that fountain specifically. the Stetson College Krabby Fountain.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
If only there were tools and technologies available to estimate server workload

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Pokémon Go Servers Meek Mill Edition

6rQalCJK8gHj.jpg

...Hm.

So it seems like the game is having issues with being on Wi-Fi for me? Like, the moment I'm off my mobile data and using a home connection, it just can't load whatsoever.

Edit: Or apparently its a general server issue. Huh.

Red

...Hm.

So it seems like the game is having issues with being on Wi-Fi for me? Like, the moment I'm off my mobile data and using a home connection, it just can't load whatsoever.
It's on the server's end.

Fair to say Niantic was not expecting this sort of uptake? They must be getting swamped with connections.

Oreoleo

Probably getting killed. WC is waking up.
It's totally this. The opposite of what happened yesterday- servers were dodgy all day until people east of the Atlantic started going to bed.

Happened at the worst time for me. Drove a few miles out to a lake near my house, spot an open gym and a Horsea and Squirtle begging to be captured when the servers went down. Now I'm here in near 90 degree weather wondering if I should wait it out of take the L and get out of here.

MajorMane

me and the gf walked down to the school campus last night and we both caught a krabby at our school fountain. same exact krabby, same spot. it makes me think that you can probably duplicate a lot of your findings with your friends. if you go for a walk you guys will probably all catch the same rare Pokemon.

also, it's cute because we werent in a area with water. that krabby was at that fountain specifically. the Stetson College Krabby Fountain.

Can confirm that you'll see the same Pokemon but catch a different instance of it. It's nice so people aren't fighting over it.

Chucker

So, I've started working at this job 2 months ago. I'm an accounting and credit supervisor at a local newspaper/media conglomerate so I mostly deal with just my own dept.

Took a walk through our building and got to editorial.

Girl 1: Hey new guy! You uh...
Yeah, figured I'd take a walk and see what we have lurking around.
Other Guy: Yeah, there are XYZ over here, Lindsay has an Ekans at her desk.
Girl 2: There are a few in pagination.
Editorial Supervisor: There are some at the press too, but make sure to get ear plugs.
Nice, thanks!

I've never talked to these people before, now we are Pokebros.

Chorazin

I've walked around for 30 minutes on my lunch break twice now, still have't seen a damn Pokemon in the wild. Juuuust like in the Beta which made me hate it.

I think I'll stick with Ingress, at least that gives me something to do.

My friends tried it out for a while.

This game is for those who travel often or commute and do stuff outside.

Can't really be played when staying indoors.

You could....take a walk outside. I know, it's a shocking idea, but I think you'll enjoy it.

killatopak

Gold Member
My friends tried it out for a while.

This game is for those who travel often or commute and do stuff outside.

Can't really be played when staying indoors.

Iceman829

I was about to walk down to the nearby gym to claim it, but my game won't load past 25%. I missed out on 3 pidgeys and an odd is outside my office when the servers died.

akileese

It's on the server's end.

Fair to say Niantic was not expecting this sort of uptake? They must be getting swamped with connections.

I would love to see the numbers on this after a month. This game, in theory, is built for user retention. Obviously they're getting hit hard right now so the demand to play the game is there.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
don't know why but i prefer turning the AR off. makes me think it uses more battery or creates more bugs ( as ive hit more while using it)...also it allows me to keep my phone down instead of up which looks like I could be photographing people/things

backlot

The server issue explains why I couldn't access PokeStops or see any Pokémon on my 30 minute walk from the (non-Pokémon) gym. :(

So Eevee evolves randomly? Fuck Jolteon is my fave. I bet it's gonna take forever for me to get one.

I caught an Eevee last night and it had to options for all 3 evolutions. I'd take a screenshot if the servers would let me back on.

So, I've started working at this job 2 months ago. I'm an accounting and credit supervisor at a local newspaper/media conglomerate so I mostly deal with just my own dept.

Took a walk through our building and got to editorial.

Girl 1: Hey new guy! You uh...
Yeah, figured I'd take a walk and see what we have lurking around.
Other Guy: Yeah, there are XYZ over here, Lindsay has an Ekans at her desk.
Girl 2: There are a few in pagination.
Editorial Supervisor: There are some at the press too, but make sure to get ear plugs.
Nice, thanks!

I've never talked to these people before, now we are Pokebros.

People at your work actually have souls? I'm jealous.

So has anyone figured out what habitat Grimer and Muk are in? If the city dumps aren't doing it...

I kind of wonder where some of the weirder Pokemon like Lickitung, Porygon or Electabuzz are.

I haven't seen anyone with a Porygon.

Also Zapdos, Articune and Moltres. I figure Mewtwo and Mew will be locked to event, but the birds might be out there somewhere.

Top Bottom