• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Go - Halloween Event

Tingle

aaaand checking my game (and even using the map thing to check the nearest town) there's still literally nothing around me. They're never gonna make this playable in rural areas, are they? =\

Though I'm starting to get really curious if I can actually transfer my Pokemon from Go to S/M or if I hallucinated that feature since I never heard about it again.

They never announced Go and Sun/Moon connectivity, although they have said they have plans in interviews.

Its crazy to think this app was only released a few months ago. The most insane condensed boom and bust cycle. From dominating conversations at work and filling up our city parks to literally no one plays anymore.

inigo-montoya

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Cubone/Marowak as extra commons is awesome, still need those.

The walking bonus is even better: only 0.75 km per candy for a 3k category. Machamp and Alakazam are mine this week, same for Venusaur and Blastoise.

Oh hey I forgot I made this for whoever makes the Sun and Moon thread so we can all link to each other's hot PokeCommunity threads. Uh yeah if you've been looking for our regular game discussion we're over in community now. Feel free to stop by and show us your mons if you'd like!

I made a little thing to link to this discussion too if you wanted to keep track of that, in addition to hunting down all the prominent PokeCommunity threads in the OP for you! :D

Lijik

This particular one just came live 8 hrs ago. Tested it out and its legit. 10+ developers worked on it for two weeks, cracking the game and slowly bringing it up.

And now it's up. Proud of them.

Edit: >> https://fastpokemap.se

Well at least this confirms I wasnt going nuts and they really did drastically cut down the number of pokemon in my area when they changed over to the new tracking system.

Caught a Marowak at the mall and several cubones. But the biggest plus is the decreased distance for candy buddies.

My exeggutor (which absolutely obliterates any kind of Vaporeon it sees) only requires only 0.75 km now for an egg vs 3 km before. Totally maxing out my exegg's level and then some before goin onto a different poke.

This would be great... if I could play as a passenger. I only play on my long bus rides, so i'm basically banned from GO now.

Lol the game works on the bus for me since it's just a public transit thing. Stops and pokes you might see can be caught, but what it doesn't do is move your total distance much unless it's a really slow bus.

Silvawuff

This game runs like molasses now, and it didn't used to. Nice to see this event happening -- I noticed the "be careful" screen changed and that caught me off guard.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
OP needs to edit in Cubone and Marowak in the list of commonly seen for this event even if that webpage doesn't say.

Dynasty

Walked outside my house, walked to the bus stop, took the bus to the train station and went from 16-62 cubone candy. Also the buddy walking distance is going to be good when I set charmander as my buddy.

Edit: also seeing more meowoths.

Finally caught a Gangar , popped out right across the street from me, usually pigeys or weedles are there

.25 km to walk for magikarp is awesome, I need 40 more for the big guy

SuomiDude

Nice, I still have some Pokémon to catch, so this helps a lot. Too bad the weather isn't that great here, been snowing and raining, and it's around -1 to +1 celcius degree warm here. But I'll keep on until I have all the Pokémon.

Much more Cubones and Meowths here as well on top of those listed in the op. Cubones is a good thing though as I don't have Marowak yet.

Rush_Khan

Waited two months for a single Gastly to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar. Finally caught one, evolved my Haunter, and then 10 seconds later I find a low CP Gengar in the wild. Oh, and to top it off, my latest 10km egg hatched into another Eevee.

I really hate this game. Don't know why I still play it.

I finally caught a ghost... Haunter CP 16 :( Well, at least I can walk it so I can evolve something better later.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else experiencing issues in using lures? I'm clicking on the oval thing at a Pokestop, but nothing's happening.

Forget lures, I can't even sign in! Now THIS feels nostalgic with being unable to connect to the server.... (My updates are all installed, too).

Anyone else experiencing issues in using lures? I'm clicking on the oval thing at a Pokestop, but nothing's happening.

Oh interesting...so the issue seems to be Pokestops with names on a single line for me. When the name is long enough to require two lines, I can tap the button to attach the module just fine. When it's single, it doesn't respond.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Caught a few Cubones and because of the candy boost already got enough for Marowak. Also my Machop is hoarding candy like crazy, this event is GO on crack and I like it.

With the holidays lined up, they're bound to do more right? Like maybe have more rare Pokémon spawn near Christmas, or have stops spit out more items.

itshutton

OK GAF, they got me, I invested in some incubators because of the double Candy bonus..... 6 eggs hatches today, I got a 5K Lickitung, but none of my 2K yielded starter Pokémon.

Hopefully a Christmas event with Pokémon I actually need? Dratini please!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
OK GAF, they got me, I invested in some incubators because of the double Candy bonus..... 6 eggs hatches today, I got a 5K Lickitung, but none of my 2K yielded starter Pokémon.

Hopefully a Christmas event with Pokémon I actually need? Dratini please!

I don't know if you regularly hatch eggs, but getting starters out of 2k eggs is pretty rare. The best mental course of action with 2k eggs is to expect crap and be surprised if it's different :)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Got a lot of Cubones last night. Also really enjoying this candy influx.

Need more pokeballs though, because filthy suburban life.

Gleethor

If they insist on remaining gen 1 only this year, they should at least add alolan forms to promote sun and moon next month.

RoyalFool

Banned
Actually caught a new one due to the event, the Kubone evolution chappy.

Double candy for walking my Pokemon feels good, the default 1 candy per 3km isn't enough to warrant draining my battery.

Meier

It's so strange that it's taken them this long to realize they have an actual mobile game. You have to have events in F2P titles like this -- hell just in persistent online games in general. They need to have a daily login bonus system to encourage people to boot up the app. Stuff like this is F2P 101 and a requirement to help keep people engaged and yet they just basically have ignored every possible convention in the post-release world and it's been to their detriment.

This seems to have helped though. Looking at UT's campus, I see a few lures in place which have not been common for months.

Top Bottom