• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Home Details Released

Jooxed

Gold Member
Welcome to the Future of Gaming

bqhoNYL.jpg

ebevan91

That's a big jump from Pokemon Bank, jeez!

Edit: I Mean pricing. Everything else not so much...

Fortunately though you don't have to do it for a full year. Which I never liked with Pokemon bank because I'd just use Bank once or twice, then not touch it again for another year or so, and then have to resubscribe just to use it again once or twice.

Codes 208

Gold Member
Seems like a dumb way to cash grab. That one year premium cost is bonkers.
If there was more than one generation that supports the bank Home than i’d say it’d be worth it just for easier transfers but right now i definitely agree. Especially with that price, plus to use things like cloud saves (if it even supports that...) youll likely also need the NOS.

If there was more than one generation that supports the bank Home than i’d say it’d be worth it just for easier transfers but right now i definitely agree. Especially with that price, plus to use things like cloud saves (if it even supports that...) youll likely also need the NOS.

I would get behind a bigger generational support structure or at least something a bit meatier than the $15.99. When Nintendo online costs five more there are issues.

Saber

Gold Member
Fortunately though you don't have to do it for a full year. Which I never liked with Pokemon bank because I'd just use Bank once or twice, then not touch it again for another year or so, and then have to resubscribe just to use it again once or twice.

You still have to pay for the subscrition in order to trade. The "free" part its just a trap to get demented people.

Also, how wonderful to see that GTS and other pokes are now a paid feature. People have to be that dumb to support them with all that cashgrab.

Jooxed

Gold Member
You still have to pay for the subscrition in order to trade. The "free" part its just a trap to get demented people.

Also, how wonderful to see that GTS and other pokes are now a paid feature. People have to be that dumb to support them with all that cashgrab.

Iv'e already signed up for the limited black card life time membership.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I dont get it...whats the point of the application plus pokemon bank?

Edit: I mean more why are they two separate things?

Last edited:
Nintendo went full greed (IOI) on Pokemon...
(If you catch this reference, nice job.) and this continues to showcase that. Like I told a friend; anyone that support this practice is a sucker simple as that.

Last edited:

H4ze

Maybe it's just because I don't play Pokemon games anymore, but this seems like a stupid feature to me

McCheese

The number one priority for me is that if my hardware dies, my time and effort is saved and backed-up.

This does nothing to protect my saves, I can transfer pokemon out of my game and into the cloud, but the moment I transfer them back to my switch, they are gone forever should my switch break or get stolen. If anything this makes it worse, as I can transfer them from platforms that do have cloud-backups (pokemon go) to my switch, and now end up losing them.

Until Nintendo can implement cloud saves that actually save important shit, they can fuck off with this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom