• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police aim for dog, kill teen instead

Surfinn

A 65-70 pit bull bearing down on you at full speed is nothing to sneeze at. I used to breed them, so I know how vicious and hostile they can be. There is nothing harder than trying to tear to fighting pitbulls apart.

However, I don't believe in shooting dogs in general. Its funny (not haha, of course) because, like these officers, a pitbull is trained to protect and serve. He was going to be killed for doing its job.

Its a tragic situation. Nightsticks would have been a solid approach here.
Someone just produced stats that show how pit bulls are generally no more dangerous than other breeds. So yours being "vicious and hostile" makes me sideeye the shit out of your post.

This is the dumbest thing I read today. A gun isn't anywhere near a guarantee as proof in this fkn story.

Obviously it's not a guarantee, but the point is what option is going to likely be more effective in that very moment? Thought that context was clear.

Someone just produced stats that show how pit bulls are generally no more dangerous than other breeds. So yours being "vicious and hostile" makes me sideeye the shit out of your post.

I have owned and been in a family that has owned German Shepherds. Very loving and loyal dogs that with the right owners would not harm another person unless a possible trigger such as observed harm.

That doesn't make them any less dangerous when they decide someone is a threat, and theres a reason why they are the feature canine in military and law enforcement. Same element of "danger" with labs, Retrievers, and yes, Pit Bulls, among other breeds. And it does come down to ownership.

However, I'd rather not see this devolve into Pitbulls are inherently a danger vs Pitbulls are loving debate. That doesn't matter when this particular dog repeatedly did attack and couldn't be restrained by its owner.

Top Bottom