• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politco: White House rattled by McCarthy's spoof of Spicer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Banned
On one hand I'm sort of disappointed that the internet had to push this to (what appears to be) happen(ing).

On the other hand I'm just hoping that if it happens they manage to kill with the 3-4 days they've had for writers and Rosie to prepare. She has to be in NY by now and working with the writers so I'm hopeful that this is going to just slay.

The beauty of the McCarthy bit was that it came out of absolutely NOWHERE, at midnight, right as most people who even bother to watch SNL always know that Weekend Update is always slotted. I sat there dumbfounded at how hilarious and unexpected it was, this was a skit that could have opened the show (and they even riffed on that).

If we're all waiting for the big Rosie O'Bannon skit it sort of loses it's luster a bit. If this came out of left field like the McCarthy skit, just one week later at that, I feel like we'd be losing our shit way more on Sunday morning over the fallout.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. Also gives Trump advance notice so he might be less likely to flip out. Oh well, hopefully it's still funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom