• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politco: White House rattled by McCarthy's spoof of Spicer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iksenpets

Banned
Question from an uninitiated: who are these sources that constantly leak how Trump and his staff are feeling? Feels like they should be cracking down on that, shouldn't they? Not that I mind that they seemlingy aren't.

Trump's staff seems to be a combination of inexperienced people who have no idea what they're doing and who haven't been brought up in the Washington culture of discretion in talking about these things, and longtimers who wouldn't leak this shit in normal times, but who seem so baffled by everything they're seeing they just have to talk to someone. It's a lack of discipline on one side and loyalty on the other. And I imagine Trump's experience in celebrity culture doesn't help. Probably pushes a general ethos of gathering publicity instead of using discretion.

Considering Trump just seems to want people who think and act like him SNL should have their next sketch be Baldwin, O'donnel, McCarthy and everyone all playing trump after he found the perfect cabinet by cloning himself, they can all ham it up and even make jokes about how the cloning process allowed him to double the size of his hands (which are still small)

pestul

Um, Tina Fey's Sarah Palin impression had a noticeable effect on the 2008 campaign. More so than Baldwin's Trump so far / she managed to utterly destroy Palin in the public eye in an astonishingly effective way.

Watching those clips even now makes me laugh.
Baldwin's Trump is heading that way, if not exceeding it already, given how much time the White House is paying attention to SNL every single week. You can bet Lorne sees where this is heading both for ratings and for maximum impact. He will continue to stoke that fire.

Rosie O'Donnell as Bannon

93ogUYh.jpg

It's happening

Tall4Life

It's amazing for such a massively "failing" show that Trump and the administration is paying so much attention to it. oh wait lol it isnt they're insane

93ogUYh.jpg

It's happening
Oh shit! Please SNL let it happen!

Also, that's photoshop right? Or is it really her in drag/makeup?

The one thing I'm weary about is that Bannon doesn't have a public persona you can imitate and spoof. We know what he thinks but I've never heard him speak before!

We'll see. But I'm in!

Ithil

The one thing I'm weary about is that Bannon doesn't have a public persona you can imitate and spoof. We know what he thinks but I've never heard him speak before!

We'll see. But I'm in!

All she has to do really is hover behind Trump in a sketch, directing his actions and looking slovenly.

Brinbe

That is fantastic. All of TV needs to go the fuck in on Trump, that's sadly the most effective tactic against the narcissistic fool. All that stupid shit actually get to him. Make a fool of him and watch his ego shatter. Obama showed us the way during that WH correspondence dinner.

Zackat

We'll see. But I'm in!

it's a photoshop

Not

Banned
That is fantastic. All of TV needs to go the fuck in on Trump, that's sadly the most effective tactic against the narcissistic fool. All that stupid shit actually get to him. Make a fool of him and watch his ego shatter. Obama showed us the way during that WH correspondence dinner.

You mean the one that made him become President? Uh yeah, any more ego shattering and I'm thinking nukes.

This guy is one of the most dangerous motherfucking humans ever to live

Kyzer

Banned
Trump's staff seems to be a combination of inexperienced people who have no idea what they're doing and who haven't been brought up in the Washington culture of discretion in talking about these things, and longtimers who wouldn't leak this shit in normal times, but who seem so baffled by everything they're seeing they just have to talk to someone. It's a lack of discipline on one side and loyalty on the other. And I imagine Trump's experience in celebrity culture doesn't help. Probably pushes a general ethos of gathering publicity instead of using discretion.

There was never discretion in washington. Aides and all sorts of other people leak shit and always have. Theres also press constantly developing relationships and nipping at everyones feet for new info

Slayven

There was never discretion in washington. Aides and all sorts of other people leak shit and always have. Theres also press constantly developing relationships and nipping at everyones feet for new info

Washington is the real life Survivor. Everyone develop connections to farther themselves.

Surfinn

This will be glorious if Rosie does this. It needs to happen! Donald could very well explode because of this.
A woman playing his boss. And the woman he hates most?

SNL would be fools to pass on this, even if solely for ratings.

I wanna see this guy get red.

Iksenpets

Banned

Past leaking generally had a purpose though. Whether it was floating trial balloons or factional conflict or whatever. Trump's leaks are unique in that people are leaking shit that benefits no one. Like, no one in the White House benefits from people talking to press about how much Trump likes watching late night TV in his bath robe. That's just someone blabbing about something they find amusing and/or scary.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
This amount of leaking, and so soon, is absolutely not typical.

Allforce

On one hand I'm sort of disappointed that the internet had to push this to (what appears to be) happen(ing).

On the other hand I'm just hoping that if it happens they manage to kill with the 3-4 days they've had for writers and Rosie to prepare. She has to be in NY by now and working with the writers so I'm hopeful that this is going to just slay.

The beauty of the McCarthy bit was that it came out of absolutely NOWHERE, at midnight, right as most people who even bother to watch SNL always know that Weekend Update is always slotted. I sat there dumbfounded at how hilarious and unexpected it was, this was a skit that could have opened the show (and they even riffed on that).

If we're all waiting for the big Rosie O'Bannon skit it sort of loses it's luster a bit. If this came out of left field like the McCarthy skit, just one week later at that, I feel like we'd be losing our shit way more on Sunday morning over the fallout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom