• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politco: White House rattled by McCarthy's spoof of Spicer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Hasn't SNL making fun of presidents (and election candidates) been a thing since the early 1980s? Did they expect that suddenly they would be off limits?

My oldest memory of Al Gore is that damn lock box meme because of SNL.

I only knew Janet Reno from Will Ferral playing her

The Llama

"...was most problematic in the president’s eyes, according to sources close to him."

This guy needs better friends. They can't stop talking to fake news... So many leaks
I honestly think a lot of these leaks are coming from Kushner tbh. He's become the third or fourth most important person at best so he has reason to be mad, and even he probably hates how Trump's most trusted advisor is a neo-Nazi. Spicer probably leak a fair amount too, all of the pro Priebus stuff (I work in government and believe me when I say that a lot of "leaks" come straight from the press folks). Don't think Bannon and his team are leaking anything, hence why you never hear anything positive about them from anyone...

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
They should have Rosie O'Donnel playing Bannon in a Nazi uniform barking out verbatim quotes that he's actually said about ethnic cleansing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Buckle

The idea of Trump being portrayed as Rosie's trained monkey is just too good to pass up.

We gotta grass roots campaign this shit.

Come on, SNL..

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guarantee you SNL's phones are ringing like mad from White House staffers telling them not to do this. Trump will flip out for a week non-stop over this.

Pachinko

Oh yeah, this has been going on for a damn long time. I can remember back to Dana Carvey's George H.W. Bush days...not sure about before that. Not sure why Trump would think he's immune.

And on top of that , the prez and his cabinet have probably supplied more ammunition for SNL's writers than most presidents manage in entire 4 year terms despite that it's only been what 17 days now ? Man.

She should do it again. McCarthy is hilarious, she killed the performance and you know Spicer will influence more material soon.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Though this is funny.. I don't know if I trust these "sources" all that much.

...but I'm down for Rosie doing a Bannon though.

Let's do this, GAF-casting crew:

Gender-flipped comedy based on the last year in politics

Golden Girl: The Donna Trump Story
Directed by Paul Feig

Rosie O'Donnell as Donna Trump
Melissa McCarthy as Shawna Spicer
Kristin Wiig as Paula Ryan

Keep it going. I want a full cast list on my desk by morning!

gabbo

They should have Rosie O'Donnel playing Bannon in a Nazi uniform barking out verbatim quotes that he's actually said about ethnic cleansing.
That defeats the purpose of making him look weak. Just have Rosie throw on a blazer, makeup and spew his quotes looking like the pathetic racist piece of shit schlub Bannon actually is in real life. More effective to have the nazi looks like your pathetic single uncle than military might.

The shot at Spicer worked because they didnt portray him physically all that outrageously.

Plaguefox

9ysk70E.png

For real, she could very easily play Bannon.

EulaCapra

I don't understand why Trump is so obsessed with SNL. Regina George-obsessed.

Maybe he's so irked that he wishes he could host again..... but uh, Presidential duties ahoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom