• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
It'd be an incredibly important title though symbolically.
True, but they'd need more than just that. They would need Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3 and more to put them on level playing ground.

I'm liking the Sony conference so far but as far as "wow" factors go Nintendo is looking like our last resort. How can I sleep tonight? Anybody wanna stay up?

After a good start, the Sony conference has turned into a really lame motion control conference.

Measley said:
Does anyone know what the console is going to look like? Has there been any leaked pics?

Nope. Nothing's been really leaked except maybe specs.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
evilromero said:
True, but they'd need more than just that. They would need Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3 and more to put them on level playing ground.

They will get all those games, at least initially. Just too easy to port. The test is if they keep getting 3rd party games when the next systems from the competitors come out.

AceBandage said:
After a good start, the Sony conference has turned into a really lame motion control conference.

Nope. Nothing's been really leaked except maybe specs.

What are your expectations again, Ace? I know i've asked you before but I would like to have them on hand for the coming conference.

schuelma said:
They will get all those games, at least initially. Just too easy to port. The test is if they keep getting 3rd party games when the next systems from the competitors come out.
For all its faults (mostly marketing) the GameCube had a good amount of third party ports, except where it counted. It was missing the GTAs, the girth of Tom Clancy games and more. I'll be very curious if it gets the Tekkens, Street Fighters, the Batmans, Elder Scrolls, Bioshocks or others. That's where it will count.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Where in the World is Carmin Sandiego?

DragonKnight said:
What are your expectations again, Ace? I know i've asked you before but I would like to have them on hand for the coming conference.

3DS: New trailers for everything we know about. New games from Nintendo, Pimping third parties (especially Level 5 and Square). Talk about the eShop "OUT NOW!"
Wii: Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, TLS, Kirby, RH
Cafe: SSB4, Pikmin, New IP/Revival of old IP, pimping third parties (especially Ubisoft and Capcom)

Keyouta

AceBandage said:
3DS: New trailers for everything we know about. New games from Nintendo, Pimping third parties (especially Level 5 and Square). Talk about the eShop "OUT NOW!"
Wii: Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, TLS, Kirby, RH
Cafe: SSB4, Pikmin, New IP/Revival of old IP, pimping third parties (especially Ubisoft and Capcom)
Same, pretty much.

Krowley

I'm not very familiar with the series, but I did a search and found suggestions of chase elements in startropics... Would that fit?

Duderz

Banned
What is going on in here that keeps this thread on the first page consistently during the first day of E3? Am I missing something??

ZAK

Duderz said:
What is going on in here that keeps this thread on the first page consistently during the first day of E3? Am I missing something??
Desperation, the strongest force known to GAFkind.

Trurl

Banned
ShineALight said:
Only 15 more hours until an HD Nintendo console is revealed.
:-O

Nintendo games in HD doesn't even feel possible.

I have no delusions about the Cafe being a traditional generational jump from the PS3 and 360, but it would be nice if it is notably more powerful, though.

Krowley

Duderz said:
Mind filling me in? :)

From an earlier post ....

Caramello said:
Get hype?

"Hey hey IGN boardies, Lucas here checking in from the IGN War Room at E3. It's time to get hyped, Nintendo fans. I think you're going to be very pleased with what you're going to see very soon! I could give you guys a clue, but you'd have to chase me down. You guys have some great guesses. I think that clue is all I can offer right now, but I'll be back with another nugget sometime before the Nintendo's briefing kicks off tomorrow morning."

Door2Dawn

Banned
Bioshock was just announced for the NGP. Pretty much confirms that the psp2 will get all of the block buster western titles while the 3ds gets zip.

Duderz

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
Bioshock was just announced for the NGP. Pretty much confirms that the psp2 will get all of the block buster western titles while the 3ds gets zip.

Bioshock was NOT announced for NGP. Ken just said he's working on a personal project for it.

Door2Dawn said:

"Elder Scrolls was just announced for the PSP. Pretty much confirms that the PSP will get all the block buster western titles while the DS gets zip."

Just saying.
:p

KrawlMan

Duderz said:
Bioshock was NOT announced for NGP. Ken just said he's working on a personal project for it.

He did mention it being in the Bioshock universe did he not? It might be "Bioshock" in the same vein that Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are both Bioshock.

Truth101

Banned
Door2Dawn said:

What does this even have to do with the cafe, nothing at all.

Door2Dawn said:
Yeah this is kinda different though.

Oh yes. Completely. We actually got screens for Oblivion PSP.

Not saying Bioshock Vita won't come out. Just that it wouldn't be the first (or even second) time that a big franchise was announced for Sony handhelds and never came out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
OG_Original Gamer said:
You heard it here first, Rockstar gets Zelda development with Nintendo input, obviously is a guess. Would be something though.

That would be the worst idea I've heard in ages.

OG_Original Gamer said:
You heard it here first, Rockstar gets Zelda development with Nintendo input, obviously is a guess. Would be something though.
Because great controls replaced by stiff lumps of shit are exciting to you?

It is the Cafe, not the DS, that needs Western third party support. Does over 130 million units sold mean anything to you? Handhelds are a completely different arena

Effect

DragonKnight said:
It is the Cafe, not the DS, that needs Western third party support. Does over 130 million units sold mean anything to you? Handhelds are a completely different arena

I agree. On the hand held front I'm not to worried. It's the console market where the concern with 3rd party support should be.

NGP is 249.99 for teh base model Joystiq is reporting. Some excellent competition this time around. I'm very excited.

Edit: I just posted it because we were talking about the handheld arena

POWERSPHERE said:
Because great controls replaced by stiff lumps of shit are exciting to you?

Really, that excites me, I beg to differ. Strange things happen at E3, like Sony choosing AT&T as they're primary carrier for 3G on PS Vita.

OG_Original Gamer said:
Oh hell no. Give that series to Retro or keep it with EAD in Kyoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom