• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

They couldn`t have showcased a more boring game in my opninion. It`s probably one of few games to run at 4K 60fps.

If Jez' sources are to be believed we can add Battlefront 2 to that as well.

Speaking of, those sources said MS will also use RDR2 to show 4K on Scorpio. Which makes me wonder in what way they will do it and when. Rockstar of course has the final say in it but they do have a deal with Sony again. I would love to see it during E3 though.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Rösti;233214760 said:
Do you think they will do a tent event again?

tent_185ucc.png

tent_297ukq.png

If I recall correctly we had quite a bit of fun Photoshopping the different photos of the tent.

God damn 4 years ago, time flies :( I wasn't a GAF member but I remember the backslash, it was insane lol

Bgamer90

Banned
I don't think MS will have any big surprise exclusives for 2017. Interest I think they will lock up a marketing deal with a big multiplat for the holiday to show off scorpio. Assassins creed maybe?

Yeah, they may have a few smaller digital titles set for this year but I can't see them having a AAA exclusive that will release this year that still hasn't been revealed yet. Scorpio will more than likely be pushed alongside Forza 7, Crackdown 3, and the various third party multiplats that will look better on it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It'll still be this holiday. They are just trying to get the info train rolling.

Nah. It'll be out later this year.

Fair nuff, I saw a few people speculating after the Shadow of War connection was announced. IMO it would make a lot of sense to get it out for Destiny 2, even if Sony have that marketing deal.

Diversity can mean many things. Tokenism and diversity isn't the same thing. Early in the gen they were killing PS4 on exclusives but it wasn't noticed cause of the negative vitriol surrounding the system. Since then lineup isn't as diverse as it began and I'm not a major Japanese gamer either.
If everything planned for 2017 actually hits I dunno what could make it more diverse not counting the Japanese games it's missing.

It goes from rts, city management, Diablo like, open world Super hero and coop, platformer, a contra like, a zelda esque rogue like, a darksouls clone, a semi mmo... Before cancelling it even used to sport a jrpg.

RoKKeR

Yeah, they may have a few smaller digital titles set for this year but I can't see them having a AAA exclusive that will release this year that still hasn't been revealed yet. Scorpio will more than likely be pushed alongside Forza 7, Crackdown 3, and the various third party multiplats that will look better on it.
Ori 2 hype.

You think they meetings are like:

Yoshida: Damn guys, we've been so lucky with Q1 this year. I couldn't be happier. We didn't do any strategic moves at all.
I wouldn't say they lucked out, but having a few delayed games, some for more than a year, coming out within weeks of each other in the very least doesn't strike me as planned from the beginning.

But there was probably a point where they realized they could combo those games.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I would love some kind of uniform platform with the new xbox and windows, using Scorpio as the baseline architecture. MS needs to invest in-house and just create a streamlined development resource pool for all the internal teams to utilize. Theyve always been in a position to do so been just totally fuck it up and burn goodwill with consumers with their parity clauses and exclusive buyouts.

I have a ps4 pro, so it will take a lot of convincing. Suped up multiplats just wont cut it at this point.

It is obvious that they abandoned the xbox one and pushed their major titles to the scorpio launch.

Make it easier, not harder to release games on it. Dont horde 3rd parties just to bleed out the competition.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
They couldn`t have showcased a more boring game in my opninion. It`s probably one of few games to run at 4K 60fps.

Could be a game that shows very well on scorpio. Forza typically has many different levels of car rendering, from in race lod models to the ultra high end showroom car models. Perhaps scorpio will pull those in race?

Md Ray

Really excited for the full spec reveal. I'm mostly looking forward to know what CPU they're using. Nothing is known apart from that it's gonna be same 8-cores. Could it be Ryzen? DigitalFoundry were speculating a few months ago that it would still be a Jaguar CPU... But who knows.

Gamezone

Gold Member

Speaking of, those sources said MS will also use RDR2 to show 4K on Scorpio. Which makes me wonder in what way they will do it and when. Rockstar of course has the final say in it but they do have a deal with Sony again. I would love to see it during E3 though.

Isn`t the rumored Scorpio reveal before Star Wars Celebration? I thought that`s where Battlefront 2 was going to be announced.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Wonder if we get the final name this week...

I don't think we will get a name this week. I don't see getting the name until they show off the physical box. I think early may be perfect to have a 30 minute presser to show off the box and name. That gives it plenty of time to breathe before E3. I really hope we get a revision of the elite controller when N Scorpio launches.

jelly

Wonder if we get the final name this week...

Someone mentioned in another thread Activision or some other publisher referred to the Xbox consoles as 'Xbox One' 'Xbox One S' 'Xbox One Scorpio' in their reports. It might be nothing but you would think like Durango it would just be called Xbox Scorpio.

Colbert

Banned
No reason controllers with new buttons couldn't work on all Xbones

Have you ever seen a platform holder changed his controller setup mid cycle (okay there are no cycles anymore but the setup at Xbox is stable since the Xbox 360 with a slight change for the Xbox One)?

Caffeine

Rösti;233214760 said:
Do you think they will do a tent event again?

tent_185ucc.png

tent_297ukq.png

If I recall correctly we had quite a bit of fun Photoshopping the different photos of the tent.

they used a tent for halo wc so why not :p

Bobnob

Pls could someone explain what the difference would be between a upclocked jaguar and new Ryzen cpu. Im no techie!

akern1984

Neo Member

Star wars i see happing but RDR2 is reserved for Sony's conferance. And star wars had a bigger chance to be at the Sony's.

LordofPwn

Hope we get a final name but I doubt we get price and date. With it being called project Scorpio I'm inclined to believe it will launch between October 24th and November 24th for obvious reasons.

jelly

Pls could someone explain what the difference would be between a upclocked jaguar and new Ryzen cpu. Im no techie!

Games would probably hit 60fps if they struggled on Jaguar. PS4 Pro still struggles because of Jaguar in that aspect.

Cartho

What's going to be fascinating is a clash between rendering techniques.

Hypothetical: RDR2 is native 4K on Scorpio, and 4K checkerboard on Pro.

It's going to be really interesting to see the two stacked up next to each other. If the difference is small, it might make a lot of devs decide to focus on graphical effects and checkerboarding to hit 4K. If it's large it could go the other way and really drive 4K adoption.

Interesting times.

I'm going to buy a 4K tv soon and I need a console for it I think. This or PS4 Pro... but I can't really think of Xbox games I like. Too bad Rare turned into shit. Banjo Kazooie or a Perfect Dark sequel would change everything.

Colbert

Banned

But pls tell me what it adds

It adds at least +52% instructions per second at the same clock frequency which means you can submit your draw calls faster to the GPU which may allow you hit significant better frame rates in your games compared to a jaguar core (if a game was CPU bound with Jaguar cores). It doesn't give you anything if your game is already GPU bound.

A better CPU also allows you to do more things in the background without interfering your gaming experience. Streaming in 4K@60fps for example which we already know is a feature the Scorpio will have.

Erm could you be more percific 😀

Both would be 8 core processors. The difference being that Ryzen has lots of extra advances that assist in speeding up tasks reducing the speed of draw calls and allowing you to improve AI, process more frames per second, better physics (destructability, cloth movement, etc.)

akern1984

Neo Member
Isn`t the rumored Scorpio reveal before Star Wars Celebration? I thought that`s where Battlefront 2 was going to be announced.

From what i read SW Battlefront will indeed revealed at the star wars event and not for the scopio reveal. So i would doubt Jeff source on this.

Colbert

Banned
The surface team took over development of XBOX One S didn't they? Not the same group of people.

All Xbox One consoles were designed by the same team. Listen to a recent IGN Unlocked podcast where Phil Spencer talks about it.

I dont let them have a pass on this, they had 8 years between 360 and XB1, there was no crazy deadline, only their own shitty project management. The S is a move in the right direction though

Design is not just a effort of the design team but also of the individuals formulate the objectives and design principles. We have to look here to the Xbox senior management that was in charge when we talk about design decisions too. A design team just makes recommendations based on the input they have. The senior management team decides which of the designs will be taken for further development.

Top Bottom