• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

I've gotten myself all hyped up damn it. I don't understand specs all that well so I will have to have someone else break that down for me and explain the value. I want to see the box though!

Thx all, can't wait hope we get zen.

No prob. That's why we're all hoping to get the good news on this. Unless somehow miraculously Stinkles wasn't completely bullshitting and it ends up being an Intel CPU. Before anyone asks, it was a throwaway comment about "having Intel" and not serious.

DAHGAMING

Looking forwardso to finally seeing it and what it's capable of. Equally as important though is that they announce some more exclusive especially some new Ips .

rokkerkory

No prob. That's why we're all hoping to get the good news on this. Unless somehow miraculously Stinkles wasn't completely bullshitting and it ends up being an Intel CPU. Before anyone asks, it was a throwaway comment about "having Intel" and not serious.

Keeping expectations super low on cpu

It just doesnt need zen imo

Prologue

OG Xbox One wasn't very photogenic but it looked fine in person, especially once slotted into your TV furniture.

OG xbox was a joke. Making something that big in fears of a RROD. Hire a competent team then.
Significantly bigger than ps4, and yet weaker.

Colbert

Banned

That would be a "history repeats" incident as this was exactly what happened with the first Xbox. They planned with AMD and on the reveal they announced they go with Intel.

But you are right, not happening as we talk about a SOC here, not two separate processors like in the past.

OG xbox was a joke. Making something that big in fears of a RROD. Hire a competent team then.

It was a bit wider than the ps4 buy it wasn't as deep add the ps4. I wouldn't call it a joke. Never had a problem with it unlike my coffined 360.

EmiPrime

I would have liked it to have integrated the PSU given the console's size but other than that it was fine. I thought it looked ridiculous when it was first revealed but when I got one it grew on me.

Bgamer90

Banned
I didn't think the original Xbox One was an ugly looking console at all. Just very plain, basic, and boring. A typical black electronic media box. Similar style to an A/V receiver but smaller.

But anyway, Scorpio should look really nice. I think we will be surprised by some parts of its design. It's going to be very powerful but it may not look like it (since many think large in terms of power). I think MS will look closely to Apple as well as the original Xbox 360 in terms of the Scorpio's style; Sleek but powerful.

I just felt the design and size was ridiculous, especially coming from the 360. 360 to Xbox one S was a more appropriate transition.

Looked like a bulky VCR.

The 360 cost them 1.15 billion in rrod costs. I'm pretty sure corporate told the division if they pull that shit again, they're out. They were cautious. I still like the feel of it better than my ps4. Feels sturdier and is quieter. Sony did well though. They reduced costs and made a sharp system.

Bsigg12

I wonder if Microsoft will actually announce things earlier in the week and then whatever outlet it is that's covering it will have exclusive interviews and content or something on Thursday?

Tregard

Soothsayer
I didn't think the original Xbox One was an ugly looking console at all. Just very plain, basic, and boring. A typical black electronic media box. Similar style to an A/V receiver but smaller.

But anyway, Scorpio should look really nice. I think we will be surprised by some parts of its design. It's going to be very powerful but it may not look like it (since many think large in terms of power). I think MS will look closely to Apple as well as the original Xbox 360 in terms of the Scorpio's style; Sleek but powerful.

It should have a go faster stripe

The 360 cost them 1.15 billion in rrod costs. I'm pretty sure corporate told the division if they pull that shit again, they're out. They were cautious. I still like the feel of it better than my ps4. Feels sturdier and is quieter.

I'm pretty sure they weren't told that
you don't need to tell that any of your employees. everyone is aware, that you don't want to loose a billion dollar on silly mistakes. and you obviously don't want to repeat them

ask someone at Volkswagen, if they were told to never cheat again on emission software.
i highly doubt that ;)

mutual consensus is the key word

farisr

I honestly don't care what it ends up looking like/how big it is if it doesn't have an external power brick. If it does have one, then it better look decent/not be big to make up for it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Console appearances, Xbox one s > Xbox one >>> 360 >>>>>> og xbox

I'm pretty sure they weren't told that
you don't need to tell that any of your employees. everyone is aware, that you don't want to loose a billion dollar on silly mistakes. and you obviously don't want to repeat them

ask someone at Volkswagen, if they were told to never cheat again on emission software.
i highly doubt that ;)

mutual consensus is the key word

Hans -

Do you honestly believe that conversation didn't exist? Do you think Ballmer was like, "fuck it, just try your best. I believe in you".

Make it big if that's what it takes to keep it quiet. It would make it worth it alone for me if it was quieter than a PS4 Pro.

Interesting it'll be shown off now, assuming they will have some kind of killer app to show off the tech but the main question is if it'll be first party or third party. Microsoft leaks more then anyone so I'll be curious if what we see is actually a big surprise or if it'll even be exclusive.

I'm still far from convinced this is what Microsoft needs right now, they need a damn impressive lineup for this thing and need to be able to show a pretty big reason to buy it since it'll likely have a hefty price tag. What point is there to having better hardware if you don't have games to support it?

What I'd really like to see is Microsoft courting Japanese developers, there are so many games that the Xbox one just doesn't get right now (in the last few weeks, Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5HD, Zero Escape collection, and Persona 5 in a few days) and I think that hurts them more then anything else, they need a verity of titles to appease all types of gamers and so far the Xbox One has truly struggled with that. I think it would go a long way even though its not exclusive to show off KH3 on this thing but we will have to wait and see.

Where did you read that?

The PDF filed that leaked to Digital Foundry doesn't seem to suggest any substantial change / increase to the CPU

Microsoft makes no claim that Scorpio is able to do so either and instead suggests a compromise - running GPU elements at twice the speed, while CPU-bound elements are interpolated. A move to far more powerful Zen cores would almost certainly make such advice redundant...but at the very least, the comment reaffirms our belief that Scorpio's CPU technology has not moved on in step with its GPU.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ace-to-4k-how-scorpio-targets-ultra-hd-gaming

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
They probably haven't leaked because there is nothing to leak. I doubt specs are any different than what we've known now for months.

6 TF GPU, 12 GB of RAM, 320GB/s memory set-up, no ESRAM, upclocked Jaguar CPU

The PDF filed that leaked to Digital Foundry doesn't seem to suggest any substantial change / increase to the CPU

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ace-to-4k-how-scorpio-targets-ultra-hd-gaming

That's speculation, not even a rumor.

Hans -

Do you honestly believe that conversation didn't exist? Do you think Ballmer was like, "fuck it, just try your best. I believe in you".

do you attend those kind of meetings, regularly?
unless you have a shithole like Ackermann as CEO, and personalities like him are gladly a rare case, you will never here "do that again and not only you but the whole division is done"

and yes of couse they talk about those issues.
just not the way you might imagine

so yeah. it's neither fuck it, just try your best. nor pull that shit again, you're out

Top Bottom