• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus games for February: Yakuza 4, Transistor, Rogue Legacy, more (NA&EU)

LiK

Great month!

I've never played any Yakuza game. Is it ok to just jump on in With this game or should I play some of the earlier ones first?

i recommend playing them all in order. the sequels have a recap section but it only shows mainline stuff and glosses over a lot of other things. if you don't have time or a choice, start at Y3 at least. if you can't, just play Y4 and see if you like it.

The Yakuza series is basically a JRPG set in modern Japan with brawler combat. Lots of fun.

Fantastic month. Yakuza 4 is fucking great and I haven't played Rogue Legacy yet so I'm really excited for that. Guess subscribing to PS Plus on January for 30 bucks with some trade in left at gamestop has already paid for itself between this and swapper.

Oh and EVERYONE PLAY TRANSISTOR. No excuses now!

Except that is is a rather boring, mediocre game that coasts by on style.

VinFTW

I'm actually super excited to try my first yakuza game.

I'm hoping I really love rogue legacy, was on my list of indie games to buy (near the top with swapper, which I now own both because of ps+).

I'm excited, this might fill the time between bloodborne much better than I thought.

cakely

Looks like a great month.

I already bought Rogue Legacy and Transistor for the PS4 but I have no regrets they were both fantastic games and a great bang for my buck.

No theif for PS4 was a missed opportunity for Square. Though they probably just spaced those out.

SE has been pretty good about milking all of their western developed and published games thoroughly:

Tomb Raider: Underworld
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Quantum Conundrum
Sleeping Dogs
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Hitman: Absolution
Tomb Raider
Hitman HD Trilogy

So yeah, i'm with you. Chances are high that Sleeping Dawgies Remastered and Thief PS4 will happen, maybe Tomb Raider remastered when we're closer to the eventually release of Rise of the TR on the PS4 (that's still happening, right?)

BadHand

As much as I'm loving olliolli right now (picked up in the last sale) - Thank god olliolli2 is not part of this. My thumbs need a break.

Gaz_RB

Once again, I'm going to reiterate how excited I am for Apotheon. I've been wondering about this game and when it was going to come out since it was announced. So glad that its coming out next month and doubly glad its free, even though I'd pay full price just for that art style. Not to mention the combat seems really fun.

Also I've been looking for an excuse to jump into Rogue Legacy, so I'm looking forward to that, especially on Vita. Yakuza 4 will get some play as well. About time I jump into that much lauded series.

Great PS+ month.

DualEdge

Excited for newcomers to get a hold of Yakuza! Best thing that Sega/Sony could have done to further promote Yakuza 5's upcoming release.

Tizoc

Great month!

I've never played any Yakuza game. Is it ok to just jump on in With this game or should I play some of the earlier ones first?

It has a recap of Y1-3 accessed from the main menu.
Although playing Y3 or its predecessors is recommended, Y4 is still a good starting point to discovering the badass manliness that is the Yakuza series.

5taquitos

i recommend playing them all in order. the sequels have a recap section but it only shows mainline stuff and glosses over a lot of other things. if you don't have time or a choice, start at Y3 at least. if you can't, just play Y4 and see if you like it.

The Yakuza series is basically a JRPG set in modern Japan with brawler combat. Lots of fun.

I wouldn't recommend that newcomers start with Yakuza 3, as it has an incredibly slow and long introductory sequence. 4 is actually a pretty decent starting place because of the new characters, otherwise I would go back and start with 1.

Paskil

Everyone needs to play Transistor. Best soundtrack of 2014, in my opinion. Great overall game, as well. Giving Thief solely for PS3 is dumb. Not even going to bother with that since I have a PS4 and will just wait for it at the library if I want it.

Megatron

I almost bought transistor when it was on sale but passed because it wasn't on vita and I knew I wouldn't have time to play it.

Really strong month and im glad most people seem to agree.

Evilmaus

Transistor, Yakuza 4 and Rouge Legacy? Amazing month for the US! Shame I'm in the UK... And already own all of these...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bought Transistor in the last Steam sale.

Haven't played it yet.

*sigh*

Mbrill82

Nice! Already have Transistor and Rogue Legacy (love both) and I used to have Yakuza 4 but I sold it for some poorly conceived reason. Needless to say I'm very happy to get it back, very interesting game. I hope my save file is still on my PS3. I bought Yakuza 1 for PS2 last year when I found it for $2.99 and I played some of it but found I enjoy part 4 more.

No interest in Thief on PS3, I would maybe be slightly interested in it on PS4 but just barely.

I probably won't try Kick & Fennick either unless I hear great things about it but that's just because my 8gb card is full and I can't be bothered to move stuff around.

The big win for me this month is Apotheon. Seems like forever since I first saw the trailer for it. Looks awesome.

I know some people put off buying indies and wait for the inevitable PS+ release, or get annoyed when they pay full price for one only to have it show up the next month, but I've decided not to sweat it and keep buying games I'm excited for as they release. Otherwise I'd just drive myself crazy haha. Either waiting and waiting for a game I want to come to PS+ and being disappointed every month when it never shows. Or raging when I buy a game on release only to have it come to PS+ before I've ever played it a single time (happened to me with First Light).

Xeroblade

Everyone needs to play Transistor. Best soundtrack of 2014, in my opinion. Great overall game, as well. Giving Thief solely for PS3 is dumb. Not even going to bother with that since I have a PS4 and will just wait for it at the library if I want it.

100% this. My favorite soundtrack of 2014. The game was great too. I already own it on pc along with Rouge Legacy but to play on my vita? hell yeah ill jump on that.

Chesskid1

Banned
doesnt thief and yakuza both have a ps4 version but we get the ps3 version? mehhh.

transistor and rogue legacy are great, excited to try those.

Top Bottom