• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita TV JP Import Thread | There's still a life after OLED

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Updated compatibility list: JANUARY 2014

- Labyrinth Cross Blood (via patch)
- EscapeVektor (Via patch)

Took em long enough for Cross Blood which I had always thought was stupid considering that its not like the game uses any features which should have barred it from working in the first place.

At least its patched and thats what matters, so I really shouldnt be too pissed about it not working in the first place.

Plasma

Banned
Is there any way to transfer saves from my US account to the Vita TV? I want to play through P4 Golden again with my new game plus save.

Mk2020

Neo Member
Haven't they already done this with all the other regions it's been launched in?

They will add more support once each country gets the ps vita tv, i would say the support is in the Firmware for every country that sony wants to release it to, it just comes down to the PSN stores not been updated to handle the Vita tv in other countries yet.

USC-fan

Banned
I want this so bad for PS4 remote play with DS4. Thinking about importing it so i have it day one this goes live. Wonder if they will have a different version for NA.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
How smooth is switching games/memory cards from the same account between a regular Vita and the Vita TV? Getting ready to jump on one but this is the only thing I'm wondering about right now.

For example if you only have one memory card tied to your account + digital games on it, could you just pop it out between a regular Vita and the Vita TV and continue/use it on either one with no problems?

For physical games there's both save + trophy protection when inserting carts into Vitas on another account (trophies are disabled until a cart formatting). If I had both a Vita and a Vita TV tied to the same account (say with a separate memory card in each), could I also swap a cartridge game between the two without any problems (previous save data blocked on the cart/trophies disabled)?

Parakeetman

How smooth is switching games/memory cards from the same account between a regular Vita and the Vita TV? Getting ready to jump on one but this is the only thing I'm wondering about right now.

For example if you only have one memory card tied to your account + digital games on it, could you just pop it out between a regular Vita and the Vita TV and continue/use it on either one with no problems?

For physical games there's both save + trophy protection when inserting carts into Vitas on another account (trophies are disabled until a cart formatting). If I had both a Vita and a Vita TV tied to the same account (say with a separate memory card in each), could I also swap a cartridge game between the two without any problems (previous save data blocked on the cart/trophies disabled)?

If you mean from the same account its not a big issue.

There just is a slight data reading process it goes through. That and for some reason at times it doesnt like it when you have a fuckton of stuff shoved into sub bubbles and sometimes spits it out onto the main page at random. Though they might have fixed that with the latest patches. Have not updated mine in a while now.

JaseMath

I'm about to pull the trigger on a black and khaki. If I change the system language to English, it's essentially a NA Vita, right?

Jamix012

I'm about to pull the trigger on a black and khaki. If I change the system language to English, it's essentially a NA Vita, right?

??? I assume you're talking about the Vita 2000, in which case: yes, but it has X and O swapped for the Vita main menu. The Vita TV is not and doesn't work with most US games.

Takao

Banned
Maybe Einstein shouldnt have bought one in the first place knowing that it was locked down.

The whole "Bu-bu-bu-but wait it might work" mentality isnt much better".

Dude only got himself to blame.

He preordered a Vita TV with expedited shipping.

Jamix012

Ah ok. So at earliest there's an off chance with DS4 compatitability and latest when/if it launches in the US. Thanks.

The Vita TV doesn't really interest me, so that's a non-issue. I am joining you, Vita Bros. - My Black and Khaki will be here next week!

In the meantime, I'm selling my used-for-2-hours Vita 1000 if anyone is interested.

That's all well and good, but uh. This thread is a Vita TV import thread =P

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
If you mean from the same account its not a big issue.

There just is a slight data reading process it goes through. That and for some reason at times it doesnt like it when you have a fuckton of stuff shoved into sub bubbles and sometimes spits it out onto the main page at random. Though they might have fixed that with the latest patches. Have not updated mine in a while now.
Thanks for the info. Looks like most games save to the memory card now instead of the cart so switching is going to be inevitable. Good to know everything works without a reformat or any weird business though.

Parakeetman

Thanks for the info. Looks like most games save to the memory card now instead of the cart so switching is going to be inevitable. Good to know everything works without a reformat or any weird business though.

One thing that i have not tested is what happens with a save data of a physical cart + digital copy of the game.

My guess would be it will make 2 separate installs...

Jamix012

Two things, Firstly we haven't had any news of this launching in the west have we?
Secondly, the PS4 is launching in Japan soon right? I wonder what DS4 compatitability will bring us

blKliZrd

Neo Member
I just wanted it to play vita games with my wife on the big TV, so we could both see the games while playing. I did an update after staring it up, then put in my US carts of Dongan Ropan, Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok Odyssey, Toukiden and all of them said they coul not play. Guess it was a bust, unless there is another update I'm supposed to do.

kick51

Banned
i guess if this is coming out, it'll be announced at E3 or never.

will consider importing and buying japanese muramasa and EDF if that happens

milkham

I just wanted it to play vita games with my wife on the big TV, so we could both see the games while playing. I did an update after staring it up, then put in my US carts of Dongan Ropan, Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok Odyssey, Toukiden and all of them said they coul not play. Guess it was a bust, unless there is another update I'm supposed to do.

you may just have to wait for western release and for them to whitelist western carts

Zoe

So I bought a super cheapo HDMI switch and plugged in one of these, a PS3, and a PC. Over the weekend we used the PS3 for the first time in a long time, and it kept losing the video signal every 15 minutes! Finally I noticed that every time the signal gets lost, it was actually switching to the Vita TV's line.

So if you keep your Vita TV in standby, it's gonna send signals every 15 minutes that might mess with your cheap HDMI equipment :(

Jamix012

No patch yet for the DualShock 4? Disappointing, but I guess with the way this thing is tanking it's not nessecarily surprising.

Shinriji

MARCH COMPATIBILITY LIST

- Little Busters: Converted Edition (by update)

NEW INCOMPATIBLE GAMES

- Kamen Senshi / Guacamelee (Spike Chunsoft)
- Golden Time: Vivid Memories (Bandai Namco)
- Destiny of Spirits (Sony)
- Injustice (Warner Games)
- Flower (Sony)
- Flow (Sony)
- Doki Doki Universe (Sony)
- Miku Miku Hockey 2.0 (Sony)

Top Bottom