• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita TV JP Import Thread | There's still a life after OLED

So just to be clear, if I get a Vita TV, I can stream my PS4 to a TV in a different room, correct? Does this work with North American PS4s?

Mk2020

Neo Member
Ah right that kind of generic plug. I still should be able to use an adapter in the mean time though surely?

Actually doesn't the normal vita just use that generic plug too, I should be able to rob that like I originally thought.

yes you can use your vita plug ^.^

Zoe

So just to be clear, if I get a Vita TV, I can stream my PS4 to a TV in a different room, correct? Does this work with North American PS4s?

It doesn't support streaming yet. We'll probably have to wait till February to find out.

Yes Boss!

Fiddled a bit with my Vita TV which came in earlier.

First, sticks don't work via the USB. Not a big deal since fighters on the Vita/PSP all have much better counterparts on the proper home consoles. But sucks for cab playback with PS360. Would have been very convenient to just drop one in my cab for classic PS1 shmuping. Looks like I still have to go with the Triple for that.

Second, the Bilinear Filtering option has been removed. Well, I guess it is still there...just always on. Fwiw, I play my PS1 games on my Vita with it off because the screen compensates for the chunkiness excellently and with it on it is a bit too soft. Here, on the Vita TV it is always on. See below photo for the menu compare. Still, the image looks great from on my 40" from greater that 6 feet away.

Third, seems less laggy than the Triple. Obviously not a scientific assessment but I put in a game I know well on the Saturn and PSN store, Dodonpachi, and it is actually quite playable! Soft image as stated above, though.

PCE stuff looks dreadful. I always go one-to-one on my PSPs and Vita for these and they look and play perfect. Here they are drab, murky and not pleasing. And the scrolling wallpaper in the background has some type of upscaling noise which is fugly.

I don't have any PSP games on my J-account so could not try those.

I did try Persona Golden (US copy) and it works fine, with the one caveat that trophies are going to sync to the japanese fluff account. Not a big deal...and knowing my play habits I doubt I'll even get to this game until the NA version of Vita TV drops anyways.

Menus are difficult to navigate with the dualshock. Especially if you are trained with the touch on the Vita. Definitely not elegant but it works.

Takeaway: pleased with the $100 device. Slick as hell for the price. I'll definitely be playing my PS1 classics on it instead of my PS3 for big-screen playback...but they still don't hold a candle to classic hardware playback or even PSP playback (on which they look perfect).

Oh yeah, routed this through the Mini. Looked identical to direct play on the Vita TV but I could not figure our how to throw scanlines on there. Mini is a complex device (and a bit frustrating) so I'm sure once this hits the NA and EU market settings will be locked down...either at the shmups thread or the retro thread here.

null_zps71a9c9ec.jpg

null_zpsb3a0707d.jpg

Takao

Banned
Oh crud, are PSP games also subject to that whole white listing?

Why would they? The only PSP software that couldn't have controls replicated by a controller were the ones that exclusively used the mic, and camera. Combined that's probably like 5 games.

Zafir

I tried some PSP games, happened to have some free from back when PSN got hacked.

They look the same as they do on Vita really, warts and all, just bigger image naturally.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Great news guys. PSP/Vita hacker Wololo has said he may have found a way to enable the PS4 Link App. It's on the firmware it's just flagged to not appear.

zakislam

Planning to import this - does the device stream any PS4 game to another TV in the house? Has someone tried it it worked smoothly?

Foshy

Great news guys. PSP/Vita hacker Wololo has said he may have found a way to enable the PS4 Link App. It's on the firmware it's just flagged to not appear.
Don't you have to be logged in with the same account on both Vita and PS4 for remote play? If so, it still wouldn't be that useful for EU/US gamers.

Zafir

Just tried the US version of the new Ys on the PS Vita TV and it doesn't work :(

Yeah, apparently the Japanese version requires a patch to run. The US version naturally doesn't have a patch out, thus it doesn't work.

Sucks though. :(

Jamix012

Is there some sort of Masterlist on what Vita games work for importers as of now? I've only heard of Persona 4 Golden and Lumines working, anything else?

vilmer_

I want to get one of these SO bad for P4G. The price is pretty steep though.

Edit - nvm was looking at the bundle lol. Bought.

Superflat

Bought a Vita TV a few days after it came out when I visited Japan. Didn't know about the compatibility stuff when I bought it, but I can still get use out of it I guess. I'm in Korea now and the console game selection is super terrible, but super cheap. Bought a new copy of Akiba's Trip 2 for like 16 bucks. Can't believe that's my first Vita software purchase... LOL

Gonna pick up P4Golden when I get back to the States, my Vita TV purchase will have been worth it just for that!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any Japanese GAF in here? Does vitaTv stream from nasne? If so, does anyone know if it is IP restricted? I'd love to set up nasne at my in laws house in Chiba and be able to stream to us here in the UK

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Anybody know if they're selling these at FaSoLa in Narita?

I wouldnt count on it, but if you are lucky maybe... D:

Considering the services of the machine are geared to work only with Japan at the moment. Well the Japanese Vita TV that is.

Rambone

I want a Vita TV so bad, I wish Sony had a US date available for this thing already. My wife has my balls in a vice grip when it comes to spending money so I'd like to pick one of these up for me but disguised as a birthday present to her to replace her Roku Gen 1 that she isn't fond of.

She was used to streaming from my PS3 and loves using the controller and that sort of interface but she kept leaving my PS3 fatty on all the time so I had to take it away from her for fear it would die a horrible melty death. I figure the PS Vita TV would be a wonderful surprise for her and the money used to buy it would not be questioned. Birthday is at the end of Feb so come on Sony!

Shinriji

Currently incompatible games (JP LIST)

SONY

- Killzone Mercenary (confirmed to be patched in the future)
- Tearaway
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- Gravity Rush
- Wipeout 2048
- Unit 13
- Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
- Reality Fighters
- Little Big Planet
- Modnation Racers
- Sly 4
- Super Stardust Delta
- Escape Plan
- Playstation Battle Royale
- Little Deviants
- Monster Radar (+)
- Resistance Burning Skies
- Smart As
- Sound Shapes
- Open Me
- Yu-Nama The Puzzle G
- Flow
- Flower
- Doki Doki Universe
- Destiny of Spirits

SEGA

- Uta Kumi 575
- Hatsune Miku Project f
- Samurai & Dragons
- Phantasy Star Online 2
- Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club!
- Sonic AllStar Racing Transformed
- Super Monkey Ball
- Virtua Tennis 4
- Jet Set Radio

BANDAI NAMCO

- Ridge Racer
- Touch my Katamari
- Tales of Heart R
- Super Heroine Chronicles
- Golden Time Vivid Memories

EA

- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Fifa Soccer
- Fifa 13
- Fifa 14
- Madden 13

WARNER GAMES

- Spy Hunter
- Batman Arkhan Origins Blackgate
- Injustice: God Among Us Ultimate

KOEI TECMO

- Dynasty Warriors NEXT
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

SPIKE CHUNSOFT

- Kamen Senshi / Guacamelee
- Terraria
- Virtue's Last Reward
- Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru

CAPCOM

- Street Fighter x Tekken

KONAMI

- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- New Little King History
- Silent Hill Book of Memories

SQUARE ENIX

- Army Corps of Hell

NIPPON ICHI

- Ciel no Surge

ACTIVISION

- Call of Duty Declassified

ACQUIRE

- Shinobido 2
- Sumioni
- Organrythm

UBISOFT

- Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
- Asphalt Injection
- Rayman Legends

D3 PUBLISHER

- Dream Club Zero Portable

CYBERFRONT

- DJMAX Technika Tune
- WRC 3

KADOKAWA GAMES

- Photokano Kiss

GUNGHO

- Dokuro
- Ragnarok Online Ace

Q ENTERTAINMENT

- Guardian Hearts

COMPILE HEARTS

- Monster Monpiece

RATLOOP

- Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

SONIC POWERED

-@field

ASCII MEDIA WORKS

- Let's Fish!

TATE MULTIMEDIA

- Urban Trial Freestyle

EICONIC GAMES

- Total Recoil

AABB

- AABB Animals

Zafir

Has anyone had any issues with using this on a HDMI switch? For some reason my switch keeps swapping to it every 5-15mins . Had to temporarily just unplug it because it was becoming such a pisstake while trying to race on GT6 and then suddenly black screen lol.

*{snip!}
Incredibly long-assed list of games...
{/snip!}*

Uh ya... kinda makes you wonder why they named it "Vita" TV...

Personally, I'll probably buy one anyway if it makes its way to NA, but an incompatibility list that includes so many key games does give me pause...

Parakeetman

Thanks!

Oh, well I probably should've been more specific, but I was more interested in what US carts work right now on the Vita TV.

Truthfully if you are not planning on playing Japanese carts that are listed or using the JPSN dont bother getting a Vita TV. Just wait for the announcement for the western release.

Wouldnt get one in hopes of a potential firmware update which would overwrite the JP one either.

Unless you really got money to burn Id say just wait.

Did they finally start advertising this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcdfjOfMmso

In some stores they have a demo machine set up running GE 2 on it, so folks can try it out using the DS 3. In the informational pamphlet thing though do hope that they have a full list of titles supported to show people. I should have grabbed one when I picked up my 2nd unit, since wanted to check how much info they actually have in those for the public who are interested in the PSV Tv.

Tak3n

Banned

SONY

- Killzone Mercenary (to be patched in the future)
- Tearaway
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- Gravity Rush
- Wipeout 2048
- Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
- Reality Fighters
- Little Big Planet
- Modnation Racers
- Sly 4
- Playstation Battle Royale
- Little Deviants
- Monster Radar
- Motorstorm RC
- Resistance Burning Skies
- Smart As
- Sound Shapes

SEGA

- Hatsune Miku Project f
- Samurai & Dragons
- Phantasy Star Online 2
- Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club!
- Sonic AllStar Racing Transformed
- Super Monkey Ball
- Virtua Tennis 4

BANDAI NAMCO

- Ridge Racer
- Touch my Katamari
- Tales of Heart R

EA

- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Fifa Soccer
- Fifa 13
- Fifa 14
- Madden 13

KOEI TECMO

- Dynasty Warriors NEXT
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

SPIKE CHUNSOFT

- Virtue's Last Reward
- Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru

CAPCOM

- Street Fighter x Tekken

KONAMI

- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- New Little King History

SQUARE ENIX

- Army Corps of Hell

NIPPON ICHI

- Ciel no Surge

ACTIVISION

- Call of Duty Declassified

ACQUIRE

- Shinobido 2
- Sumioni
- Organrythm

UBISOFT

- Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
- Asphalt Injection
- Rayman Legends
- Lumines Eletronic Symphony (US cart works, EU cart don't work)

D3 PUBLISHER

- Dream Club Zero Portable

KADOKAWA GAMES

- Photokano Kiss

GUNGHO

- Dokuro

COMPILE HEARTS

- Monster Monpiece

AABB

- AABB Animals

This is probably one of the stupidest things Sony could of done, WTF were they thinking in releasing a device where you can not bloody play the core games on?

I can see why Japan only, they will get slaughtered in US and EU if they did that, hell in Europe it may even be illegal...

Zoe

This is probably one of the stupidest things Sony could of done, WTF were they thinking in releasing a device where you can not bloody play the core games on?

I can see why Japan only, they will get slaughtered in US and EU if they did that, hell in Europe it may even be illegal...
How would it be illegal? It's not a Vita, it's a Vita TV.

sajj316

Considering the number of titles that are not supported on the Vita TV .. why couldn't I just use my Vita has a controller? I'll have full use of the front, back touch, and cameras .. therefore 100% compatibility.

kick51

Banned
Considering the number of titles that are not supported on the Vita TV .. why couldn't I just use my Vita has a controller? I'll have full use of the front, back touch, and cameras .. therefore 100% compatibility.

good point!

that is kinda dumb that they don't allow it. Maybe in a future fw update? This thing seems to be an experiment anyway.

RaikuHebi

Banned

Great point. Should've been a no brainer considering the fact most buying this will already have a Vita.

sajj316

If it was that easy Sony would have put it in there from the start.

Well .. adding in DLNA and MP3 support isn't that difficult for the PS4 and we didn't get it. It is senseless to offer up the device without a high percentage of compatibility. I assume their approach was to offer up the device to those that do not have Vitas. Interesting to get a statistic of those that buy a Vita TV. Are they existing Vita owners? New buyers to the Vita line of products, etc ...

Zoe

Woohoo! Thanks to the bf and a friend in Japan I'm now one of the 50-something-K owners :)

I haven't seen this mentioned, but it appears that putting in a memory card disables access to the internal card.

Parakeetman

Woohoo! Thanks to the bf and a friend in Japan I'm now one of the 50-something-K owners :)

I haven't seen this mentioned, but it appears that putting in a memory card disables access to the internal card.

Am pretty sure that was mentioned before, since remember early peeps being a bit "unhappy" about that.

Then again its not like you are losing all that much space anyways. :)

wii_HD

Neo Member
Vita TV supports Bravia Sync so you can use your TV remote to navigate the menu system on a Sony Bravia television.

Useful for media playback and streaming services instead of the DualShock 3/4.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Now that the PS4 is out in HK and since the Vita TV supports HK accounts, can anybody try and see if PS4 Link will show up with a HK account?

RaikuHebi

Banned
I think PS4 Link icon isn't on Vita TV firmware yet.

I've read that it is on the firmware, it is just flagged not to appear. (unless that is the normal Vita's app, and the Vita TV's one will be different). So I was thinking maybe it would appear via the internet now or something.

We won't have to wait long to find out for sure, since Vita TV officially launches in HK in January.

gwiz210

I have a couple general questions.

1. Can I at least sign on with a US PSN account and not use the store? As in can I still message friends, etc?

2. Can I download digital US PSN titles on my handheld vita to a memory card, put that memory card into my Vita TV, and play those digital games?

Top Bottom