• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita TV JP Import Thread | There's still a life after OLED

Takao

Banned
I have a couple general questions.

1. Can I at least sign on with a US PSN account and not use the store? As in can I still message friends, etc?

2. Can I download digital US PSN titles on my handheld vita to a memory card, put that memory card into my Vita TV, and play those digital games?

No to both of those questions.

This is probably one of the stupidest things Sony could of done, WTF were they thinking in releasing a device where you can not bloody play the core games on?

I can see why Japan only, they will get slaughtered in US and EU if they did that, hell in Europe it may even be illegal...

I hope they release it over here, even if it's obvious that some people will be pissed when they notice they can't play some games.

Every Game I want to play is compatible, so I don't mind.

Matriox

I want one specifically to stream to a different tv without having to move my PS4.. I'm sure once I had it I would love to play Persona and some ps1 classics on it but I realllllly need this! My ps4 is on my bigscreen and the family uses it for tv after work/school so I have to constantly move back and forth :(

RaikuHebi

Banned
As soon as this gets PS4 link I'm getting one.

I want one specifically to stream to a different tv without having to move my PS4.. I'm sure once I had it I would love to play Persona and some ps1 classics on it but I realllllly need this! My ps4 is on my bigscreen and the family uses it for tv after work/school so I have to constantly move back and forth :(
Same here but I can't be bothered to move it back and forth.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Really? I thought this thing was a pretty cool idea but there really isn't much point in this device if the games aren't going to be playable.

I'm sure they'll work out universal compatibility in due time. Just use the touchpad of the DS4 to replicate the touch screen and back touch.

Shinriji

Updated compatibility list: DECEMBER 2013

- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (via patch)
- Motorstorm RC (Via patch)
- Lumines: Electronic Symphony (via patch)

Jamix012

Sorry for the double post but is it possible to do the touch controls in the US version of P4G? Can't get them to work. Not a deal breaker by any means but would be nice if it could be done. I also can't get my DS4 to work, I assume that's not functioning yet but just wanted to be sure.

JP

Looking forward to it reaching the UK and hopefully it'll have DS4 support by then and a much larger library of games. I'm not sure how it would work but I really think that Sony should really push Apps like Netflix, Hulu, Video Unlimited etc for this as I think a small video/music steaming box like this is handy for people who only do it using consoles.

Netto-kun

Tadaaaaaaa, finally got it on Thursday~. Games such as God Eater 2 and Persona 4 The Golden look great on the big screen, while other games like Ys: Memories of Celceta (JP ver.) and Vita version of Sen no Kiseki look a little bit blurry.

Also, am I the only one who is getting small black bars on left/right side (5~10 pixels, maybe) of the TV screen when I adjust the Vita TV display area? It's a 32" 1080p TV with Picure Size adjusted to "Screen Fit" for no overscan, while the Vita TV resolution is set to 720p rather than Automatic.

Please excuse my dirty TV and the crappy picture quality.
iTwigcCwmJe5b.jpg

Vancha

I'm about to purchase a Vita TV. But I do have a question.
Could I record the gameplay from the VitaTV using my Elgato game Capture? Or is the HDMI input encrypted like the PS4?

Mk2020

Neo Member
Slow getting there i bet there will be a new FW for there release as some places in Asia has PS4 now I'm sure they will want ps4 link on there vita tv ^.^

Guymelef

PS4 just got release here in the Philippines and Sony surprise us by also releasing the Vita TV without any announcement. 8599 Php is about 192 USD

Umm, with PS4 and PS VITA TV officially there, has Vita TV firmware enable remote play with PS4?

hiro_x

Umm, with PS4 and PS VITA TV officially there, has Vita TV firmware enable remote play with PS4?

Yes, I believe so since they are advertising it here that you can do remote play with the PS4. One of the local tech review sites here will be getting a review unit so maybe we will get info on that by next week

Mk2020

Neo Member
which would mean anyone that brought a Japanese model should be able to do a firmware update/install with HK FW with Hong Kong English menus ^.^ and PS4 Remote play

RaikuHebi

Banned
Yes, I believe so since they are advertising it here that you can do remote play with the PS4. One of the local tech review sites here will be getting a review unit so maybe we will get info on that by next week

which would mean anyone that brought a Japanese model should be able to do a firmware update/install with HK FW with Hong Kong English menus ^.^ and PS4 Remote play

Finally! I haven't got a Vita TV yet but I've been patient for the Remote Play impressions. And now that it has hit I may very well get one myself.

Mk2020

Neo Member
Vita Tv released tomorrow as it 11pm 15th jan now in HK so we will see soon whats happening, they have network maintenance tomorrow see link for info.

PlayStation®Network

Start Time: 16 Jan, 2014 (Thursday) 09:00
End Time: 16 Jan, 2014 (Thursday) 14:00

Impact: During the maintenance, new registration of PSN will be suspended. PSN members may receive error message when logging in PlayStation®Network and using related services. Purchase at PS Store will also be affected.

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/newsdetail?id=641

Mk2020

Neo Member
Hi yes installed on a Japanese vita tv and no ps4 link as of yet but like i said before network down most of the day for them.

so may get a update later.

here some pictures

Mk2020

Neo Member
yeah but one good thing is we can download english games from HK store thats a good thing and as this is the only thing no in english it don't bother me ^.^ next place for Vita TV EU/UK/USA come on sony !

Zoe

ah nuts. i was hoping that installing a HK or SG firmware would make this particular page display in english.

the japanese is bugging me. but that's just me. would prefer for everything to be in english.

They all link to Japanese content though...

Mk2020

Neo Member
Well I'm using my HK account on my vita tv that page don't bother me now i can play English versions of game now

Craiji

I was thinking we would see new firmware with the new territories for the Vita TV, soon?

Why release both the PS4 and Vita TV and not have remote play enabled from the start?

I hope I will be able to use my U.S. account on my Vita TV soon.

Mk2020

Neo Member
I was thinking we would see new firmware with the new territories for the Vita TV, soon?

Why release both the PS4 and Vita TV and not have remote play enabled from the start?

I hope I will be able to use my U.S. account on my Vita TV soon.

I think we will see new firmware soon as Vita tv was release today in HK and other places in Asia ^.^.

Now if I could only ever remember the login information for my international accounts... Is there any sort of guide to setting up a HK account? You usually need a legit address and all that, right?

Mk2020

Neo Member
Now if I could only ever remember the login information for my international accounts... Is there any sort of guide to setting up a HK account? You usually need a legit address and all that, right?

I would look on youtube as there are guides on there.

Cookie18

Since the Vita TV has been released in other countries now does anybody know how the region locking for those countries works? I live in Korea and since it's out here I can get one whenever I want but is the account region locking situation the same as the Japanese Vita TV where even offline my UK account and therefore non cart games won't even work?

Mk2020

Neo Member
ok its not really Region locked its just other country's servers not been updated to handle Vita TV, If you got from Korea you can use your HK account on it without updating it or any other Asian PSN that have the Vita Tv.
as for now the places that have it are.
Japan
Hong Kong
Singapore
Thailand
Malaysia
Indonesia
Philippines
Korea

If i miss out any places Sorry, and as more places get added then you will be able to use your PSN account from that country. I'm wanting for UK But i feel i have a long wait and what Sony been saying it may be change completely different to the Asian models anyway.

Here is a link for all games that work on Vita TV http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/regional/game?platform=psvitatv

Mk2020

Neo Member
So PS4 link hasn't happened yet?

Not yet I'm sure soon as there a PlayStation Network maintenance, Monday 27th January in uk for most of the day so we was told by Shu that there was going to be an update by the end of jan for ps4 so who knows.

Jamix012

Hey all, already have a Vita TV, but considering getting a capture card. Does the Vita TV have HDCP?
Edit: SIGH after reading this thread I guess it does have HDCP.

BRKsEDU

Neo Member
Hey all, already have a Vita TV, but considering getting a capture card. Does the Vita TV have HDCP?
Edit: SIGH after reading this thread I guess it does have HDCP.

It does have HDCP protection. If you want to capture Vita gameplay I recommend a modded Vita with audio/video output instead of a Vita TV.

So still not PS4 remote play yet?

Really hope that this device does make it to the UK, don't really want to import one if the UK servers won't accept it.

Psykotik

They all link to Japanese content though...

yeah, as it is, it does. was hoping that it would sort of localize itself to different regions. hk content with hk firmware etc.

anyway, i actually sold off my japanese vita tv and rebought an asian version vita tv and guess what, no topics/news page!

only the japanese vita tv has that page.

im happy now because everything is in english and that page doesnt exist anymore.

Zafir

yeah, as it is, it does. was hoping that it would sort of localize itself to different regions. hk content with hk firmware etc.

anyway, i actually sold off my japanese vita tv and rebought an asian version vita tv and guess what, no topics/news page!

only the japanese vita tv has that page.

im happy now because everything is in english and that page doesnt exist anymore.
Maybe that's why it didn't localise though if the HK version doesn't have that page.

Top Bottom