• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.50 (Yukimura) coming March 26

Can someone explain suspend / resume? It seems like you can already press the PS button to exit to the menu screen. Does this just allow you to go into rest mode when you do that?

I'm personally happy with no friend online notifications as I find them annoying, but I agree the option should be there.
It'd have to come along with a system to organize friends into groups or mark certain friends as favorites otherwise it'd be just way too much.

The new Accessibility settings don't affect me at all, but I had a little tinker in the beta and I think they are going to please a lot of people with all these quirky little settings.
Curious what the colorblind support actually amounts to. Is it just for the dash stuff? Or is it a setting read in by games to enable their own colorblind settings?

2coWhFH.jpg
I see what you did there

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Can someone explain suspend / resume? It seems like you can already press the PS button to exit to the menu screen. Does this just allow you to go into rest mode when you do that?
You got it. You turn the PS4 into rest mode and the game doesn't close.

Upon resuming from rest mode the game will still be loaded from before and you can continue straight away.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yeah it can get annoying a fuck.Moreover, its hell on the Vita.

It was one of my hated things on PS3. If they allow full notifications, they better also allow friend groups at the same time, with options to allow notifications by group. Those with 200+ friends would get non stop notifications otherwise.

Ogawa-san

I never had issues with standby on Vita, but it's hard to trust it on a console when any power blink would make it go away. Still, it'll be great to keep a game running to get past the initial loading and logo parade.

Any word on recorded videos being bumped to 60fps like share/remote play?

Pachimari

I just want to be able to sort my friends into categories, will this ever be added?

I want to sort people into GAF, friends, etc. Because most people on my PSN list I don't even remember.

jediyoshi

It's allowing the system to go into rest while a game is still running. Like when you put your phone to sleep while a game is running.

Vashetti

Banned
Any update on being able to delete 0% ps3 and VITA Games from the trophy list??

You can delete games from any platform, but you have to be on a PS4, or the latest version of the PS App (from tomorrow), to delete them.

And they will still appear on PS3 and Vita.

Card Boy

Banned
Wish i could delete stuff under 10%. Sometimes you get a bit into a game before realizing it's shit and you will never played it again.

androvsky

You can delete games from any platform, but you have to be on a PS4, or the latest version of the PS App (from tomorrow), to delete them.

Oh no. I've accidentally started a couple games on my wife's account, was hoping the ability to delete trophies was cross-platform. I'm hoping it's just an issue with the syncing on the other systems not recognizing deletes and the new Vita firmware (and hopefully soon PS3) will fix it.

Kyoufu

Updated OP with the US PS Blog post. They're saying it's tomorrow too so I wouldn't expect it to go live tonight.

So what's the main benefit of HDD back up? Isn't better to just install a bigger HDD?

It's for transferring. So if you get a new HDD, you can back up your old HDD to an external drive, swap, then restore from the external.

Otherwise you have to manually reconfigure all your game saves/settings etc

It's for transferring. So if you get a new HDD, you can back up your old HDD to an external drive, swap, then restore from the external.

Otherwise you have to manually reconfigure all your game saves/settings etc
Yeah, I just upgraded to a 2TB HDD about a month ago, and the whole process was completely painless, EXCEPT for managing saves. You can't do anything in bulk, so you have to go into each game's individual save data to copy files. I would've appreciate this option at the time, even though it still wasn't nearly the hassle I thought it could be.

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
The horizontal UI is sorted by your most recently used 15 items. The Library folder can be sorted by date, last used, and game name. It takes no longer than 10 seconds to find any game on the system.
Actually you can do it faster. My godson was visiting a couple of weeks back, and I wanted to show him Need for Speed Rivals. I had no idea, when I had last played it, and didn't really feel like searching, so I just said "Playstation. Need for Speed." And the OS scrolled to Library, flashed it once to show that it's there, then scrolled down and placed the cursor on NFS icon.

The voice controls are remarkably good on PS4.

I'm personally happy with no friend online notifications as I find them annoying, but I agree the option should be there.
I think that this is one of those features that people thing they want, but if it actually was there, everybody with more than five friends in their friend list would turn it off. It would effectively be the same if you just put a piece of duct tape on the top left corner of your telly and wrote there "Somebody just logged in or out".

BTW, does anybody have any idea, how Suspend/Resume works with Destiny? Does it remember anything of the game state?

I think that this is one of those features that people thing they want, but if it actually was there, everybody with more than five friends in their friend list would turn it off. It would effectively be the same if you just put a piece of duct tape on the top left corner of your telly and wrote there "Somebody just logged in or out".

They could do something like setting "favorite" friends and only having specific notifications for those similar to what you can do on xbox one. I would want that more than a general notification.

Tainted

BTW, does anybody have any idea, how Suspend/Resume works with Destiny? Does it remember anything of the game state?

I'm assuming the way s/r works will be dependent of the game. An always online game such as Destiny may just kick you back to that outer space scene, which still saves that initial load

I may start using Rest mode a bit more now, I play FIFA 15 a fair bit and that initial load through all the logos, hospitality settings and all that annoys me to no end

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
They could do something like setting "favorite" friends and only having specific notifications for those similar to what you can do on xbox one. I would want that more than a general notification.
For me it depends so much on what I am playing. I don't really care, if my brother logs in on his PS3 to play Diablo, if I am playing Destiny. And if I am playing The Order 1886, I don't really care, if anybody comes online, because I would not want to be bothered.

If somebody wants to play with me, they can invite me to a party. If I want to play with somebody, I will invite them to a party. There are extremely few cases when I would be interested in just knowing that any single person has started their Playstation (3/4/Vita). Or then the options would be hell to manage and explain. Rather than just putting in the option to glue a virtual piece of duct tape on the screen corner, I'd wish that Sony makes a feature that serves some purpose.

Yeah just have a list where you check off friends you want notifications for.

For me it depends so much on what I am playing. I don't really care, if my brother logs in on his PS3 to play Diablo, if I am playing Destiny. And if I am playing The Order 1886, I don't really care, if anybody comes online, because I would not want to be bothered.

If somebody wants to play with me, they can invite me to a party. If I want to play with somebody, I will invite them to a party. There are extremely few cases when I would be interested in just knowing that any single person has started their Playstation (3/4/Vita). Or then the options would be hell to manage and explain. Rather than just putting in the option to glue a virtual piece of duct tape on the screen corner, I'd wish that Sony makes a feature that serves some purpose.

If the did put notifications on the ps4 I think they would limit it to people signing in on the ps4 specifically. I have some friends I like to play with that get on at weird times so it would be nice to know when they hop on and honestly the notifications don't take up that much of the screen come on now.

Just_one

so let me see if i understood it correctly :

if i delete lets say far cry 3 on a PS4 it will be deleted BUT if i log in on my PS3 the game will still show up there??

thats kinda weird and stupid to be honest...

Top Bottom