• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Phreaker

Yes, and it really isn't in the Amazon list of eligible B2G1 offer which I completely don't understand.

That was kind of the reason for my question, because it was for me. Well, I already had two games perordered and got a code for a free game and picked NFS:R, but it doesn't tell me the date I should have it by, which is kind of odd.

Everdred

That was kind of the reason for my question, because it was for me. Well, I already had two games perordered and got a code for a free game and pick NFS:R, but it doesn't tell me the date I should have it by, which is kind of odd.
When I ordered Rivals it said "Currently out of stock" with some disclaimer stating that it should be available by launch but is currently out.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Wait a second, so according to the OP, with every NA PS4 you get:
- A free month of PS+ month (as opposed to the previously reported 2-weeks)
- A 30 day trial of Music Unlimited, AND last but not least...
- A $10 voucher?

If all of that pans out, it's more than what I expected.

Amir0x

Banned
- A $10 voucher?

Yes. There is one caveat however - the free month is intended for NEW PS+ accounts, so you cannot stack it if you already have a PS+ account.

- A $10 voucher?

You don't have to spend that 10 bucks day 1 either. I'd suggest waiting if there isn't a must have downloadable. Personally, I'm calling it my Octodad fund.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yes. There is one caveat however - the free month is intended for NEW PS+ accounts, so you cannot stack it if you already have a PS+ account.

Seems like a good idea to set up a thread to give away PS+ trials when the time comes. Unless it would be better to just do it in the already established free shit thread. Dunno.

jiggle

does it work on expired account?

Its very smart of Sony. They want you to get your toes dipped into the new stores and stuff, and get accustomed to having PS+

Its good marketing, and Im sure it will work well.

a much sweeter way to entice ppl online that's for sure

Haines

Banned
- A $10 voucher?

Its very smart of Sony. They want you to get your toes dipped into the new stores and stuff, and get accustomed to having PS+

Its good marketing, and Im sure it will work well.

viveks86

I would guess this is probably accurate, but how awesome would it be if 3-4 people in that racer could all show on the side bar.

Would be nice, but not sure that would be a consistent layout. The empty space will then have to remain empty for all streams of single player games.

Having said that, I wonder if Sony would release an OS feature to combine multiple feeds for online tournaments. An in-built 'spectator mode' that would work with any multiplayer game. Would be a cool add on.

- A $10 voucher?

Its a good smart thing to ease people into their service. Give them a taste of what's to be offered if they sub

drproton

Seems like a good idea to set up a thread to give away PS+ trials when the time comes. Unless it would be better to just do it in the already established free shit thread. Dunno.

Yeah, I'm paid through sometime next year, so I'll have a 30 day trial and a 7 day trial from Killzone Shadow Fall that I can't use.

viveks86

Yeah, I'm paid through sometime next year, so I'll have a 30 day trial and a 7 day trial from Killzone Shadow Fall that I can't use.

I think a better idea would be to give it to a friend for some cash or sell the coupon on ebay

Earz62801

Neo Member
Those without a preorder...Who is going to wait in line (camp) for the PS4. I'm setting up at 1pm EST on Wednesday. Or...who is going to try their luck online at midnight with a bunch of forced bundles?

GrizzNKev

Banned
I think a better idea would be to give it to a friend for some cash or sell the coupon on ebay

I'll give mine away.

If it's something I don't consider part of the original cost, then I don't feel like I paid for it. If it didn't cost me anything, it will be of no cost to the recipient.

Hex

Banned
I am digging the fact that both KZ and Ghosts had 7 day Plus trials in them.
I wonder is this will be regular?

Very happy about the ps+ trial and free money as I'm importing from US (to Japan) but I use an EU PS+ account. I'll be able to download Resogun, Contrast etc using an American account so I don't have to wait until they unlock everything for Europeans :D

Anyone know if any sub $10 games will be available on PSN at launch? Sorry if this has been discussed.

demigod

Did anyone else get charged by Gamestop? My credit card statement showed it was charged yesterday, hope they ship it soon!

So, is there a "Goodbye to Neogaf for November" thread? I really hope I'm wrong, but once PS4 launches through XB1's release, will the servers stay alive? It really, really sucks if not, a month like this doesn't come around often.

viveks86

I'll give mine away.

If it's something I don't consider part of the original cost, then I don't feel like I paid for it. If it didn't cost me anything, it will be of no cost to the recipient.

Fair enough. But I'm sure there would be some who look at it differently though. Sony is giving it to you for 'free' because there is some value that you bring to the table by being an early adopter. Everything is a transaction after all. So nothing wrong in monetizing that value :)

Darksol

Yeah someone needs to make that PS+ sub card donation thread. And people should have to PM the people on the list for the code so only GAFers get it. I'll donate mine too.

When will reviews start coming in? I'm really having trouble deciding which games to get with the deals from Amazon/Target.

I know pretty much what I can expect from Assassin's Creed IV.

Killzone is the wildcard for me, having never played one of them before; are people expecting it to be a good launch title?

blamite

Sorry if this has already been covered a million times, but it wasn't mentioned in the OP and this thread is over 30 pages, so... is Twitch streaming gonna be available at launch? How much do we know about how it'll work, how much you can customize your stream, etc?

viveks86

You can. Sony confirmed that as well
wait...what? link please

You don't trust me! :'(

+ Sid Shuman on November 8th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:
Yes, this is intended for new customers – it won’t stack if you’re already a Plus subscriber. So if you are, feel free to share it with a friend.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/a-threefold-surprise-for-ps4-owners/

Sorry if this has already been covered a million times, but it wasn't mentioned in the OP and this thread is over 30 pages, so... is Twitch streaming gonna be available at launch? How much do we know about how it'll work, how much you can customize your stream, etc?

Yes it is available at launch with the 1.5 update, though we don't know all the customization details (if any). All we know is that you can set it up by tapping the share button, choosing "broadcast video" and choosing twitch. The stream will look like this if you choose to add video, otherwise it would be the game alone.

iBW6cSI20T1li.gif

Dragon

Banned

It's available in the 1.5 update which is launching on Friday. No idea about customization.

Earz62801

Neo Member
You know how you can record your video while you're playing a game and stream it live via twitch or ustream. Does anyone know if you can video chat while playing this time around instead of just voice chat?

Top Bottom