• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

viveks86

You know how you can record your video while you're playing a game and stream it live via twitch or ustream. Does anyone know if you can video chat while playing this time around instead of just voice chat?

You mean like a video conference or just a video broadcast? Don't think the former can be done. See my gif on the previous page for the latter.

jbug617

Banned
via Seth Killian. My guess this is where the review event might be held at.

BYwo_gwIIAAzB1v.jpg

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Its very smart of Sony. They want you to get your toes dipped into the new stores and stuff, and get accustomed to having PS+

Its good marketing, and Im sure it will work well.

Its a good smart thing to ease people into their service. Give them a taste of what's to be offered if they sub

Agreed. The first too freebies/trials are nice but not out of the ordinary, however free credit to spend however you like is something I didn't expect to be there with every system sold.

Yes. There is one caveat however - the free month is intended for NEW PS+ accounts, so you cannot stack it if you already have a PS+ account.
I see. It still works since if you're an existing member, then chances are you know how much value it packs, unlike new subscribers. But this is a first I've heard of non-stackable free months.

-PXG-

Doesn't PS4 ship with that headset in the box?

Also is there much of a reason to get the camera at launch?

Yeah, but it's a shitty, single, mono ear bud. Yuck. I'd prefer something like the standard XBL headset. Sony claims that regular 3.5mm headsets should work.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Ugh, was totally gonna get NFS with that deal. Your loss, EA.

Already had BF4 preordered on Amazon. Added KZ to my cart and preordered NFS on PS4. I put in the code from the email and the total dropped from $120 to $59 and some change. Didn't have any issues.

Amir0x

Banned

A shit mono headset. Update coming that will integrate fully things like Pulse Elite's if you have one of those.

The camera... I mean I would definitely say no. Same as Kinect, if you get it will recognize your face and log it into that profile. Same as Kinect, you can use it for voice commands (although the packed in mono headset can also be used to issue those voice commands).

However, game wise, the only thing that's really utilizing it is the free PLAYROOM tech demo/game that comes with PS4. Sony is contracting Double Fine to make some DLC on that, but no word on how deep these games might be.

We know Media Molecule is working on a move PS4 game of sorts, unless that has changed recently.

Piggus

Not sure why you guys are so down on the mono headset. It literally does the exact same thing as that bulkier "traditional" headset. It's just way more discreet.

Already had BF4 preordered on Amazon. Added KZ to my cart and preordered NFS on PS4. I put in the code from the email and the total dropped from $120 to $59 and some change. Didn't have any issues.

Ah, nice! EA, I reluctantly give you my money.

viveks86

The primary reason is live streaming with video. I think a lot of twitch/youtube personalities would like that. Amir0x seems to have covered the rest.

A shit mono headset. Update coming that will integrate fully things like Pulse Elite's if you have one of those.

The camera... I mean I would definitely say no. Same as Kinect, if you get it will recognize your face and log it into that profile. Same as Kinect, you can use it for voice commands (although the packed in mono headset can also be used to issue those voice commands).

However, game wise, the only thing that's really utilizing it is the free PLAYROOM tech demo/game that comes with PS4. Sony is contracting Double Fine to make some DLC on that, but no word on how deep these games might be.

We know Media Molecule is working on a move PS4 game of sorts, unless that has changed recently.

I know pretty much what I can expect from Assassin's Creed IV.

Killzone is the wildcard for me, having never played one of them before; are people expecting it to be a good launch title?

It will be an amazing launch title imo. I got bent up over the story on the previous KZ game, but this one is more distanced from that; it's a full dev cycle major game from a 1st party franchise. It should be a great shooter if that's what you want. It will have a much stronger SP focus than Cod or BF4 and the MP in KZ games is solid.

Ozone

So I have a mystery coupon from Best Buy that can range from $5-$5000 expiring the 16th, so I think I'll try my luck using it with a Playstation Camera on launch day. I mean, I'll need one eventually.

Good part of the deal is my purchase must be equal to or greater than the coupon, so if it ends up over $60 somehow this'll be a good chance to grab another DS4.

Really looking forward to Friday. Finally giving in to the hype.

VanWinkle

I hate the idea that just because the PS4 headset is an earbud, people think it looks so horrible. "Yikes" I hear. "Eww" I hear. WHY? When did earbuds get such a bad reputation? I'm not saying the headset's going to be great, but I'm not going to say it's horrible either, just because it's an earbud.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Just a little confirmation since I've seen a few people express disappointment in not being able to get NFS with this deal.

bIn84YY.png

Simply select NFS (it will say preorder) and another game. Go to your cart and proceed to checkout like normal. Enter the code from your email where it says redeem codes. Your total will drop from $120 to $60.

Twio

Just a little confirmation since I've seen a few people express disappointment in not being able to get NFS with this deal.

bIn84YY.png

Simply select NFS (it will say preorder) and another game. Go to your cart and proceed to checkout like normal. Enter the code from your email where it says redeem codes. Your total will drop from $120 to $60.

Wrong thread, :p

HPhins54

Neo Member
Wrong thread, :p

There were people in this thread a few pages back discussing it.

=)

Also, to get back on topic...I can't wait! We're so close. We got ours in at work a few days ago. Somewhere in that pile is mine...just sitting there...patiently waiting to be played.

GolazoDan

Oh lawd. All of the chit-chat is getting me excited. I have a December birthday and nobody knows what to get me so... I might be tempted. The launch lineups aren't enough for me to pay my own money out of the gate but... oh lawd.

No Amazon bundles left, boo.

I hate the idea that just because the PS4 headset is an earbud, people think it looks so horrible. "Yikes" I hear. "Eww" I hear. WHY? When did earbuds get such a bad reputation? I'm not saying the headset's going to be great, but I'm not going to say it's horrible either, just because it's an earbud.
Its just terrible and cheap looking. Probably gonna fall out your ear too

I sit here looking at my DS4, Knack, Ghosts, KZ, a new Sammy 55, and I realize I am missing something. Give me my damn console! I have never been so invested in something before having it. I am itching over here

Top Bottom