• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank - Review Thread

sn00zer

Weird question. Does this actually fit into the future trilogy? I could see them retconning the first trilogy to better fit the second.

Hopefully we will see the return of Sly, Ape escape and Crash at E3.
Replace Sly with anything else then we'll talk

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Well, if there was ever a time to cash in some Best Buy certificates, now is the time. A high quality game I want a lot when I'm low on cash. To make it even better it's only $32. $12 after tax and certificates. I'm not gonna pay the WHOLE thing with certificates! I want certificates to use if I'm ever low on cash again. I like to use them to mitigate, not cover.

EDIT: No seriously. These reviews are INSANE. There's something about seeing so many 9's that can make you get up and go against your better judgement to buy something.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
WHY THE FUCK IS THIS RELEASED THE SAME DAY AS DARK SOULS 3? WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME CHOOSE SONY?! WHY!?!?

GOD DAMMIT NEXT YOU'LL BE ANNOUNCING APE ESCAPE PS4 COMING OUT THE SAME DAY AS FINAL FANTASY XV!

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED YOU SICK FUCKS? YOU SIT IN YOUR IVORY TOWERS LOOKING DOWN ON US FROM GOLDEN TELESCOPES WATCHING US DESTROY AND MURDER OUR CHECKBOOKS TRYING TO JUSTIFY $100 FOR TWO FUCKING GAMES.

YOU GOD DAMN MONSTERS.

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL.

damn...

you....

all....

Don't choose. Let the Lombax comfort you Dark Souls 3 battered wounds

I'm guessing this is the highest rated movie tie in game thus far. Spider-Man 2 has an 80 and King Kong has an 82.
EDIT: Nevermind, Goldenye 64 has a 96. Looks like that game is not going to get dethrone anytime soon.

sn00zer

Don't choose. Let the Lombax comfort you Dark Souls 3 battered wounds
Its like the whole spectrum of what I love about videogames was boiled down into two games
pakpisiaygfanjtoqgwt.jpg

3o6ozjwWHTWOTH80wM.gif

I'm filled with joy seeing how well this game has been received by the critics. Hope the sales are equally impressive.

The Ratchet and Clank series is just pure fun.

Elandyll

Banned
Who would have thought even a month ago that a platformer, remake from a PS2 era game, would be #1 on Amazon trending Videogames (aka the hourly bestsellers), ahead not only of Far Cry Primal @ $35 (daily gold box deal) but also of Dark Souls 3 releasing on the same day, and the PSN prepaid cards as well?

30 fps aside, I hope this game becomes successful and prompts Sony along with the rest of the publishers to go back to its PS2 form, which was the best Sony IMHO. The AAA-fest sub-30fps PS3 Sony left a bad taste in my mouth.

VanWinkle

I thought Sunset Overdrive looked great, but I didn't LOVE the art style, and the 900p made it a little blurry and aliased on the distant scenery. This game just blows me away.

I wonder what technical aspects of their engine (if any) they've improved between SO and this game.

Massa

I thought Sunset Overdrive looked great, but I didn't LOVE the art style, and the 900p made it a little blurry and aliased on the distant scenery. This game just blows me away.

I wonder what technical aspects of their engine (if any) they've improved between SO and this game.

They added 50% more CU's. :p

Illucio

Banned

The art style was sort of high school sketchbook of edgy characters and weapons.

I liked what they did with the art style. But I felt like they could had done more in terms of level designs.

Karak

Who would have thought even a month ago that a platformer, remake from a PS2 era game, would be #1 on Amazon trending Videogames (aka the hourly bestsellers), ahead not only of Far Cry Primal @ $35 (daily gold box deal) but also of Dark Souls 3 releasing on the same day, and the PSN prepaid cards as well?

A great many people

30 fps aside, I hope this game becomes successful and prompts Sony along with the rest of the publishers to go back to its PS2 form, which was the best Sony IMHO. The AAA-fest sub-30fps PS3 Sony left a bad taste in my mouth.
I loved a lot of ps3 exclusives, but they've dropped the ball on ps4

Bloodborne and Until Dawn are the only ones I really like

Top Bottom