• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

I knew it didn't make any sense.

Why would Nintendo make the effort put in a character that has had no strong Nintendo history and has recently withdrawn Wii U support?

That was were my doubts came from. It didn't make sense from a business standpoint. Glad to see I was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaoB7lnOiXM

So....is this really deconfirmed by the leaker then?

I love this. This guy should have all the likes because it's damn impressive. I think when people saw video they assumed confirmed but this has change the game.

If it was a character I wanted I'm sure I'll be disappointed. But I didn't want him. At least not before several others.

Edit:

If h'es anything like me, he probably doesn't care about Rayman much and if there is DLC he would rather see it be someone he cares about.

It was a smart choice to use a non-Nintendo character. One who's Western and has support by the trophies included in the game. Limits the amount of anger.

well time to kill myself

image.php

Gartooth

I did have the feeling that Mewtwo and Rayman matched up too well to their trophies, but I couldn't get them angled right when looking at them that I just dismissed the whole thing as being completely original models.

imae

Wow he had me!, very nice work.

I guess I just didn't believe someone would put so much time/effort into this, but I guess it's good practice for his editing skills and it got him some recognition for his channel and work.

The only thing that would make me believe a leak now is clear gameplay footage of a character.

Kouichi

Well it was all in good fun. I can't hate on the guy.

I'm still going through with my Rayman marathon though. Rayman 1 has been great so far.

MrBadger

You know what? I was totally saying it was fake until like 4am last night. When people say things at 4am they don't mean it. It's the rules.

I even bet my brother $20 that rayman was going to be in the game
fml

I came very close to making a bet involving the consumption of vodka and extra hot pepper sauce.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, that was amazing.

And why ubisoft is gonna talk this Tuesday, at this point? What was the reason at first? :lol

LAA

Wonder if Ubisoft genuinely didnt know and believed it and thats why they're waiting till tuesday to find out.
"Wait, Rayman is in smash!? We didn't allow that did we? Look at the video, Nintendo clearly put him in! We got to ask what the hells going on!"

Revven

Wonder if Ubisoft genuinely didnt know and believed it and thats why they're waiting till tuesday to find out.
"Wait, Rayman is in smash!? We didn't allow that did we? Look at the video, Nintendo clearly put him in! We got to ask what the hells going on!"

It'd be funny if this video caused Ubisoft to get unsettled and spoke to Nintendo and went, "GUYS WE HAVE TO REVEAL HIM NOW" lmao.

georly

Thank the sweet lord baby jesus. Phew. Dodged a total bullet there.

Amazing fake, by the way. Great attention to detail.

Top Bottom