• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit troll apologizes for trump CNN gif/all those racist remarks

Sou Da

My Fourth was great. Shrimp boil with friends and family, then we played horseshoes and drank beer. Watched some of the local goobs do fireworks in violation of local laws that nobody gives a fuck about afterwards.

Good.times.
Who asked you exactly?

jviggy43

I love that a fifteen-year old shitposter and one of the largest media congolmerates in the world are having a fucking high-noon showdown over a gif and the giant mediacorp is the one that resorted to doxxing threats.

This is certainly an entertaining, if not enlightening year.

Lol this is not even close to accurate

I don't understand, who gives a shit about the who made the gif? The president was stupid to tweet it and that's it. Why the fuck is CNN going after the guy?
Following up on a person who made a tweet the white house officially published seems like a reasonable lead to investigate, especially given his history of posting.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I would be surprised if this piece of shit was actually 15. With some exceptions, they generally won't print the information of a minor.

If he was underage, I imagine they would have mentioned it as part of why they weren't revealing his identity.

Tommy DJ

I don't understand, who gives a shit about the who made the gif? The president was stupid to tweet it and that's it. Why the fuck is CNN going after the guy?

Because it brings into light Donald Trump's media consumption habits once again. We knew that he ventured into the_donald during the election but it turns out that his Whitehouse probably still ventures into the_donald.

And when said person is pretty much calling for the extermination of people affiliated with a certain religion, it becomes a whole less funny that the President of the United States and his Whitehouse might be consuming such material.

I mean, people should be concerned about this but apparently its just a harmless funny animated .gif to a lot of people.

Opto

Banned
I would be surprised if this piece or shit was actually 15. With sone exceptions, they generally won't print the information of a minor.

If he was underage, I imagine they would have mentioned it as part of why they weren't revealing his identity.

Right. the claim that he's fifteen sounds like it's one of those alternative facts to make people who glance at the situation think CNN is trying to make a kid's life hell.

I love that a fifteen-year old shitposter and one of the largest media congolmerates in the world are having a fucking high-noon showdown over a gif and the giant mediacorp is the one that resorted to doxxing threats.

This is certainly an entertaining, if not enlightening year.

Which one of the people on twitter you follow did you get this likely fake 15 year old scoop from? Mike Cernovich or Richard Spencer?

Right. the claim that he's fifteen sounds like it's one of those alternative facts to make people who glance at the situation think CNN is trying to make a kid's life hell.

When you're trying to go to bat for someone who spammed nigger all over reddit and talked about stabbing minorities, you gotta get some creative licensing.

Because Maybe it is an interesting situation. The White House is taking Gifs from a person who spams Nigger non stop and talks about his hatred for Jews etc.

A journalist may just happen to be curious to who this person is the White House seems to favor.

That makes more sense. In that case it could be exposing what media the president goes on. But I mean anyone could have posted that tweet and it could have been seen in any forum. I mean hell how don't you know it wasn't posted on Gamefaqs before?

What is with the sympathy for this guy?

I mean, he is a racist piece of human refuse. This guy was calling for hundreds of thousands of brown people's deaths among other disgusting things. These are the people that need to be exposed.

It's really sad and disturbing to see the lack of accountability, especially with online behaviour. People are used to hiding behind their keyboard and spewing hate and filth. This is toxic and infecting our society.

It's definitely not helping that the POTUS is the least accountable person I've ever seen in my life. It's shameful.

jviggy43

That makes more sense. In that case it could be exposing what media the president goes on. But I mean anyone could have posted that tweet and it could have been seen in any forum. I mean hell how don't you know it wasn't posted on Gamefaqs before?
It's exposing material that was officially published by the white house. That is why this is being followed up on.

I mean, he is a racist piece of human refuse. This guy was calling for hundreds of thousands of brown people's deaths among other disgusting things. These are the people that need to be exposed.

It's really sad and disturbing to see the lack of accountability, especially with online behaviour. People are used to hiding behind their keyboard and spewing hate and filth. This is toxic and infecting our society.

It's definitely not helping that the POTUS is the least accountable person I've ever seen in my life. It's shameful.
It's a soft form of defense for racists, that's all it is.

Tommy DJ

The thing with Donald Trump is that he's pretty timely with his tweets so you know exactly what media he's been consuming. I believe that they traced that animated gif to a recent post on the_donald so it wasn't really widely circulated around the internet yet.

I don't think there is any sympathy for that guy except from the alt-right. Anyone else who's expressing shock probably doesn't understand why an organization like CNN would spend resources to track down a guy who made a joke gif.

I don't think there is any sympathy for that guy except from the alt-right. Anyone else who's expressing shock probably doesn't understand why an organization like CNN would spend resources to track down a guy who made a joke gif.

The same network that hired Corey Lewandowski mind you. They shouldn't be getting anyone's sympathy either, it just so happens the other party in this matter is that much more indefensible.

MisterNoisy

Which one of the people on twitter you follow did you get this likely fake 15 year old scoop from? Mike Cernovich or Richard Spencer?

When you're trying to go to bat for someone who spammed nigger all over reddit and talked about stabbing minorities, you gotta get some creative licensing.

Not 'going to bat' for anyone. It's just hilarious that we're at a point where a multi-million dollar media corporation feels the need to directly address some completely random Reddit/channer schlub. That's the hilarious part of this whole thing - that we've hit a point where the schlub is deemed a credible threat to a news company.

Like I said - entertaining, if not enlightening times.

Tommy DJ

Not 'going to bat' for anyone. It's just hilarious that we're at a point where a multi-million dollar media corporation feels the need to directly address some completely random Reddit/channer schlub. That's the hilarious part of this whole thing - that we've hit a point where the schlub is deemed a credible threat to a news company.

You're still not remotely close to being accurate.

Azuran

Banned

lol this is normal. This is what happens when the fucking President of the United States, you know the most powerful man in the world, does something.

Anything having to do with the President is not a game. Journalist will jump on anything he does or says if they have a lead. It's amazing that some of you people really don't understand the gravity of Cheeto's words and actions.

But which one was it? Cernovich or Spencer?

Dalek

Incredible. People really don't get it.

morningbus

I love how the right is trying to spin this as blackmail when CNN did this guy the biggest favor he'll ever get in his entire life.

I bet one of them will find his information and release it themselves to try and make CNN look bad.

jviggy43

You have to love the implied fake news angle the "enlightening" comment was going for at the end of your post here.

It's exposing material that was officially published by the white house. That is why this is being followed up on.

It's a soft form of defense for racists, that's all it is.

Yeah I suppose you're right. It's just amazing to me that anyone could defend someone like that.

MisterNoisy

Incredible. People really don't get it.

Not gonna lie - what do you mean by the bolded? As far as I can tell, our lunatic president retweeted a gif and everyone lost their minds and CNN made the gif's author a story. In all seriousness, what are the other angles?

jviggy43

Not gonna lie - what do you mean by the bolded? As far as I can tell, our lunatic president retweeted a gif and everyone lost their minds and CNN made the gif's author a story. In all seriousness, what are the other angles?
Ah yes, the part where we feign ignorance on the topic or obscure what's happening to get around the actual conversation. It's like clockwork with these people here isn't it?

Btw, this was covered and gone over...on the very page you posted this.

Oh, he gets it alright.
This

kami_sama

CNN fucked up.
The same as many of you I love seeing a shitty person being fucked over, but consider that it's still shitty for CNN to say they will publish the name if he doesn't behave.
And the usual suspects are angry, and I think they should be.
The issue is how they want to go against CNN, we know the modus operandi.

Sorry man. You'll have to go back to t_d and shamefacedly tell them "Op Infiltrate Neofag" failed.

morningbus

CNN fucked up.
The same as many of you I love seeing a shitty person being fucked over, but consider that it's still shitty for CNN to say they will publish the name if he doesn't behave.

They said they did not make an agreement with the person to not publish his name and that they specifically reserve the right to if it possibly becomes relevant.

No doubt the guy is in a shitty spot, but Donald Trump is as much responsible for putting him there as CNN is. Trump actually had the official White House twitter, a thing that will be preserved as part of his presidency, tweet his content out.

MisterNoisy

Ah yes, the part where we feign ignorance on the topic or obscure what's happening to get around the actual conversation. It's like clockwork with these people here isn't it?

Btw, this was covered and gone over...on the very page you posted this.

This

All I see is a random internet shitposter doing edgy shit 'for the lulz'. The only difference between this and mountains of /pol or T_D nonsense that transpires daily is that his shitposting got retweeted by a famous lunatic.

I'm just finding it amusing that this is where news and political discourse is now - the goddamned president is retweeting /pol shitposts FFS, the media attacking the author of the post because the president doesn't give a fuck and everyone else losing their damned minds around the periphery.

All I see is a random internet shitposter doing edgy shit 'for the lulz'. The only difference between this and mountains of /pol or T_D nonsense that transpires daily is that his shitposting got retweeted by a famous lunatic.

I'm just finding it amusing that this is where news and political discourse is now - the goddamned president retweeting shitposts, the media attacking the author of the post because the president doesn't give a fuck and everyone else losing their damned minds around the periphery.

You're trying too hard playa

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
CNN should not have used that wording. Should have just said something along the lines of "CNN is withholding his identity at this time". But too late for that now, opponents to CNN are in full spin mode.

Chumley

Banned

I'm just finding it amusing that this is where news and political discourse is now - the goddamned president is retweeting /pol shitposts FFS, the media attacking the author of the post because the president doesn't give a fuck and everyone else losing their damned minds around the periphery.

"Guns are a N***er repellant"

This is what you're defending.

Think about your life.

jviggy43

Everyone knows why you're taking this position and why you're refusing to acknowledge/obscuring why this person is relevant here.

Tommy DJ

That famous lunatic is the most powerful man in the world.

The media isn't attacking the author of the post because the president doesn't give a fuck. It doesn't even feel like the media is actually attacking the creator of the animated .gif besides saying that he's a racist. The media initially saw the .gif as a possible endorsement of any physical attack on the media from the President of the United States. Which has already happened in Montana's special election when the Republican candidate in that election physically attacked a journalist asking him about his investment in Russia.

Then some people found that he got that .gif straight from the_donald, which leads to the media digging up more information about the meme creator being a total piece of shit. Which leads to the media asking if Donald Trump is still consuming a lot of his media from the_donald, which wouldn't be surprising because the_donald is one the few places that completely censors anything remotely negative about Trump.

This isn't any different from the media digging up information that Donald Trump's speech writer might be a huge racist or something similar to these lines. The only difference is one guy deals with speeches and the other guy is dealing in animated gifs. They both introduce the question about the people the president is associating with.

The false claim that he's a 15-year-old is some really clever propaganda and shows what a nasty threat Trump supporters are. The only way to prove their claim wrong is for CNN to reveal his identity. And if that happens they get another piece of propaganda to spam.

jviggy43

What? Elucidate.
I would have give you the benefit of believing you were ignorant of what's happening here had a number of posters including myself not already covered why this isn't simply a news network going after someone they felt was a threat to their credibility.
Pretty sure they know exactly what they're defending.
Yep, this is seemingly a really common tactic where the second the soft defense gets challenged they try to alter the topic (IE CNN attacking a 15 year old they feel is a threat) or feign they don't understand something about the conversation despite the answers all being right in the thread they're arguing in. At which point I wonder why you'd even bother if you can't just come out and say it.

Case in point:

The fact that Time Warner is addressing animated gifs at all is what I find hilarious.

CNN fucked up.

I don't get your interpretation. He said he would apologize and not post. CNN merely contacted them. By your logic the guy called CNN back and asked them to blackmail him.

antonz

The false claim that he's a 15-year-old is some really clever propaganda and shows what a nasty threat Trump supporters are. The only way to prove their claim wrong is for CNN to reveal his identity. And if that happens they get another piece of propaganda to spam.

They added onto the 15 year old layer now. Now he is a 15 year old LGBT

TCRS

Banned
yesterday he was celebrating and today he is apologetic af. what happened? his rl identity got exposed and he got whooped by his mom or something??

L Thammy

They added onto the 15 year old layer now. Now he is a 15 year old LGBT

They've discovered all of the SJWs' weaknesses now. They can't get hold you accountable if you're not white or straight. They also can't cross running water or touch silver. And if you bow to a SJW, they bow too, forcing them to spill the vital life fluids they keep in the dish on their heads.

antonz

yesterday he was celebrating and today he is apologetic af. what happened? his rl identity got exposed and he got whooped by his mom or something??

CNN came knocking for a comment and he realized he wasn't hidden behind 900 proxies like he thought he was and suddenly shit himself.

All these racist pieces of shit are the same. Talk big while they hide behind the internet. When they get caught its crying like a bitch about how sorry they are and they meant no harm

Top Bottom