• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit troll apologizes for trump CNN gif/all those racist remarks

The guy you voted for, and who is now President, threatened 2 morning talk show hosts with blackmail if they didn't report more positive coverage of him. Are you now calling for his Impeachment?

i'd search for his username in those threads but I already know it'd be in vain

requoting so people can see who they are leaping to defend.

DDwkYXrW0AEH6Nz.jpg

Doesn't everyone have the right to an OPINION?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
CNN blackdoxxed and strong-armed a 15 year old middle-aged guy while inciting vigilantes for mob justice. Got it. Thanks, Diablos and other assorted geniuses in this thread.

Well to be fair to them, the President's son said he was 15 years old, because of course he did. Remember when the President and his family were considered a good source of factual information? The good ol days.

Basure, the entire lot of them and the following cultists.

remist

Then what are you bitching about? That's what CNN did except they didn't reveal who he really was.
The two paragraphs in thier story that look like a threat but even if you give the most charitable interpretation make thier decision not to release his identity contigent on his apology and behavior and not a weighing of whether the content is of public interest.

CNN blackdoxxed and strong-armed a 15 year old middle-aged guy while inciting vigilantes for mob justice. Got it. Thanks, Diablos and other assorted geniuses in this thread.

He's a 15 year old caring for his disabled mother, wounded vet father and running a puppy recovery sanctuary, YOU LIBERAL MONSTERS

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Now we're doxxing the fact that he has a functional time machine and that he spends his nights resetting the timeline after other chrononauts assassinate Hitler for the lulz?

For shame, GAF.

Thanks for that. These dudes are still arguing with me so I'm ducking out. They're children of Reddit so I guess they'd rather not have their little playground get raided by reality.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The two paragraphs in thier story that look like a threat but even if you give the most charitable interpretation make thier decision not to release his identity contigent on his apology and behavior and not a weighing of whether the content is of public interest.

So you're bitching about something they worded poorly that is about as boiler plate a statement as you can make. They didn't release his personal info, they contacted him beforehand to speak on this, and were doing their jobs going after more info on someone who got retweeted by the President.

Alucrid

Banned
he didn't even vote for donald trump, he voted for gary johnson. and he had a promising career in vr before this blew up.

oh wait that's another guy

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The statement "CNN reserved the right to publish his identity should any of that change" doesn't mesh with "not publishing out of concern for his safety".

It meshes so long as he agrees and doesn't further involve himself in said story.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The statement "CNN reserved the right to publish his identity should any of that change" doesn't mesh with "not publishing out of concern for his safety".

More like they came to terms and that was the end of it unless they guy starts his shit back up.

I heard from /r/totallynotracist that HanAssholeSolo was the first Canadian born without a gender, fucking left eating itself again.

rjinaz

You sure pick some interesting White Supremacist hills to die on.

Heaven forbid they leave open the story and their options if it further develops.

Nepenthe

Do you think CNN would have published more than a name and general area of residence had they not been uncharacteristically nice the first time?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Diablos, we both know that you're here for the express purpose of concern trolling for someone who dear leader validated by tweeting out a stupid gif and that you aren't genuinely interested in discussion. There's a subreddit for you to do that. It's the one that keeps deleting this guy's attempts at an apology.

hawk2025

As expected, you refuse to address points made to you.

So you can keep defending racists, every day.

Diablos, we both know that you're here for the express purpose of concern trolling for someone who dear leader validated by tweeting out a stupid gif and that you aren't genuinely interested in discussion. There's a subreddit for you to do that. It's the one that keeps deleting this guy's attempts at an apology.

If there is one thing the last year taught us is that it turns out that people who put a whole lot effort into trolling by being and defending racists are -- surprise! -- racists themselves.

It is a distinction without a difference at this point. He's not here to "concern troll". He's here to defend racists. He's spent more than a year doing it, at least. That's no longer "concern trolling"; it's a part of his life.

As seen by HanAssholeSolo, not many people dedicate this much of their life to something they don't believe in.

The guy threatened violence in many of his Reddit posts. There's no way to know if his apology was really genuine or not. They may need to report his name at some point.

rjinaz

He's never gonna die on any hill. He's really good at exploiting the flaw in this forum's moderation policy.

Yeah you know, I kind of like that we have some Trump supporters on the forums though, it makes it easier to know what approach that side is going to take in defending the dregs of society. Because I'm sure as hell not going to visit t_d to see it.

remist

So you're bitching about something they worded poorly that is about as boiler plate a statement as you can make.
Yes. I just dont think they worded it poorly. I think they meant exactly what they wrote and I last time i checked there is no retraction or edit on the article.

Let's assume that CNN *did* blackmail him...

So that means everyone behind that line of thinking thinks the guy *is* a racist, right? Since the apology is because of blackmail?

How evil of them, forcing a guy to appear not to be a racist!

Headline: "CNN blackmails racist into apologizing!"

So that means everyone behind that line of thinking thinks the guy *is* a racist, right? Since the apology is because of blackmail?

A lot of Reddit and Twitter still thinks this is just about a gif / meme.

He asked not to be identified for his own safety, apologized, and said he was gonna stop trolling. If he didn't care about his own safety he'd keep on trolling. CNN agreed.

Sounds like you want him doxxed and violently attacked so you can accuse the left of being violent.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

He should have the right to threaten black children and muslims while bragging about concealed weaponry in a place OUTSIDE OF AMERICA's ABSURD FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOMAIN! They can't even use the "i'm sorry I thought this was America excuse because he bragged about having concealed weaponry to use on Muslims during a visit to Paris. Defending this dude is an exercise in intellectual dishonesty.

Ominym

Banned

Again, this is who people are defending
XpNyS3v_d.jpg

iOegD6G_d.jpg

DD8GYsUU0AAT1kY

Because the story can change. If someone else reports his information and the story becomes bigger (let's say Trump comments on it). Do you think CNN should not report it because of some promise they made to HanAssholeSolo?

As others have done, here's the post again for you to see who you're defending.

At first I was confused thinking that CNN was just going after someone who made a dumb gif, but after I saw his comments, it's impossible to stick up for him

Still, CNN going hard after an internet asshole is something I wasn't expecting to see this morning. I just fear this will intensify not only the people on that trash subreddit, but Trump himself

A lot of Reddit and Twitter still thinks this is just about a gif / meme.

Expect a hot take video from certain YouTubers around 5PM EST today.

"This move by CNN seems petty as a response to him making that gif about them... Well that's all DeFranco Nation, have a good day!"

Top Bottom