• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Return to Silent Hill Trailer Released

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yeah...not sure how I feel about that.
Maria looks like she wearing a wig ffs

I actually like the first Silent Hill film, even though it falls apart at the end. But the beginning and middle really captured the atmosphere. It looked, sounded, and felt like Silent Hill. It's a short trailer but I get the same vibe, will wait for the reviews and be cautiously optimistic in the meantime.

Arachnid

Yeah...not sure how I feel about that.
Maria looks like she wearing a wig ffs
Eh, I could see it being some cheap bullshit she wears at Heavens Night.

It's obviously going to be mid-ish as an adaptation just like the first movie, but god damn did the first movie at least nail the feel and have some good scenes. The director billed this as an alternate take on SH2, just like the first is an alternate take on SH1, so we'll see how he does. I'm not expecting much, but I hope to at least have fun.

Hugare

This looked like a fan made movie

Being the first movie director again gives me some hope, but I dunno

Will watch regardless

I actually like the first Silent Hill film, even though it falls apart at the end. But the beginning and middle really captured the atmosphere. It looked, sounded, and felt like Silent Hill. It's a short trailer but I get the same vibe, will wait for the reviews and be cautiously optimistic in the meantime.
I will always give it credit for that sequence of Rose running past him in the abandoned school and he smells her perfume. That scene took me by surprise, it felt poignant and sad in a way that really hit home. A weird little gem of a scene for the movie it is.

MiguelItUp

The first film was one of the better video game films IMO. This looks... odd in a number of ways, but I'd imagine it'll be as decent as the first. But hopefully more so.

xrnzaaas

111.jpg

Yes, this is my natural hair color, why do you ask?

I don’t think this is an actual trailer, but someone cut together the rough footage shown in Silent Hill Transmission and added some music

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Whatever you think of Gans' original SH movie, I still think it shows the most reverence for its source material of any adaptation of a game. Recreating scenes shot-for-shot is very unusual for a film-maker working from a "lesser" medium. Which lets be honest was and is the established critical position, they have to give a certain amount of respect to the indutry now it generates more annual revenue than film, but artistically its always considered lower on the cultural totem-pole.

There's a lot of goofy shit and godawful effects work in here but for some reason what keeps rolling in my head is how oddly out of place that shiny black Mustang Convertible is in the opening shot. It looks like one of those corny adventure car commercials accidentally.

RaduN

Looks worse than a fan project you'd see on youtube these days.

At this point i say just let the classics rest in peace.

Only thing that irked me was the convertible parked at the highway rest station. I am extremely excited about it otherwise. The first film was a cool adaptation.

Top Bottom