• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazer

Another one for the collection thanks to twitter:

Cp2cCQQXYAEkMDh.jpg

Just lmao. Love it.

dramatis

It seems the Japanese fan base is going nuts as well at the rumor. Can anyone get a feel of how they are reacting?
It's not that different, though there seems to be less defense and more condemnation. People saying that it would be a delay that affects Japan too (because normally they're used to having privileges that come with being JP lol) since it's a story-heavy game that SE won't risk spoilers for, others canceling their preorders, one guy saying how can you have such a huge event announcing release date just to miss the date you useless company, etc. Speculation about Neo or VR being the reasons for delay.

Mostly shaming SE for having a lavish overseas event only to miss the release date.

I'd say a negative is that it comes out after all the AAA juggernauts and after BF/Cyber Monday in the US. Just looking at it differently.

Yes November 29th seems like a really bad date. Losing out Black Friday sales will cost them. Push it to Spring when people are ready to spend money again. I can't remember two many releasing in basically December that do big numbers.

Yes November 29th seems like a really bad date. Losing out Black Friday sales will cost them. Push it to Spring when people are ready to spend money again. I can't remember two many releasing in basically December that do big numbers.

Far Cry 3 was almost mid december and that game sold over 10 million because people liked it.

Asd202

It's not that different, though there seems to be less defense and more condemnation. People saying that it would be a delay that affects Japan too (because normally they're used to having privileges that come with being JP lol) since it's a story-heavy game that SE won't risk spoilers for, others canceling their preorders, one guy saying how can you have such a huge event announcing release date just to miss the date you useless company, etc. Speculation about Neo or VR being the reasons for delay.

Mostly shaming SE for having a lavish overseas event only to miss the release date.

Haha so salty. First they should look at there own market and realize why SE needs the Western audience so much.

Ydelnae

I think the November 29th date would make sense if there's a Neo bundle ready for Christmas. But again, I don't know if the majority of people buy their gifts on Black Friday, or they wait until December comes.

The fact that there's no PS4 bundle announced has been suspicious, imo.

I am really surprised by how much of a response a rumor of Final Fantasy XV being delayed is generating! I didn't think there was that much interest for this series any more. I wonder if the sales will reflect the outpouring of frustration seen in this thread.

Asd202

I think the November 29th date would make sense if there's a Neo bundle ready for Christmas. But again, I don't know if the majority of people buy their gifts on Black Friday, or they wait until December comes.

The fact that there's no PS4 bundle announced has been suspicious, imo.

Not really If I remember right there was no bundle for XIII outside of Japan. Bundle has to happen for Japan but I wouldn't expect anything in the West.

I am really surprised by how much of a response a rumor of Final Fantasy XV being delayed is generating! I didn't think there was that much interest for this series any more. I wonder if the sales will reflect the outpouring of frustration seen in this thread.

Regardless of the outcome, we want closure... That's why TLG and XV threads get huge traffic.

I'm looking forward to FF XV but I could wait until then, they really need to smooth out the frame-rate from what I played of the Demos. I'll have a lot of other games to play anyway the only issue I see here is that my PS4 will continue to collect dust haven't touched it since MGS V and Bloodborne.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Yo, this fucking game.

Fuck my shit up fam.

Goddamnit, I was looking forward to getting into this sooner rather than later.

I really want to know what Square Enix will say. Tabata is usually pretty open about things related to development, so I'm hoping he is allowed to speak about it. Obviously we are all assuming technical issues, but I'd love to hear an explanation on why they thought this length of time would be enough, and what the specific issues are that they'd like to address.

Simo

I think the Uncovered event helped actually. At least from my personal experience. lol I was a huge fan of the series when I first played VII on my PlayStation in 1997 and imported copies up until XII. Then..I just lost interest in the series. I got older and the designs for the characters in XIII just never appealed to me, though years after I did try it and quickly got rid of it.

I watched that Uncovered event and for some reason I got back that excitement I had all those years ago and stayed up until 2am or whatever to secure my UCE. lol

I really want to know what Square Enix will say. Tabata is usually pretty open about things related to development, so I'm hoping he is allowed to speak about it. Obviously we are all assuming technical issues, but I'd love to hear an explanation on why they thought this length of time would be enough, and what the specific issues are that they'd like to address.
The 2 month delay has to do with the implementation of wait mode or new status effects such as slow.

If he does people would call him incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom