• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Gosling to star in Blade Runner 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Don't care if Gosling is in this. I just want Vangelis + Perturbator to compose the music. I'LL BE SO IN if that happens! Fuck!

So there won't be any question that he's a robot lol

giphy.gif

Not sure in how many movies have you guys seen him, but he sure as hell has a much more wider acting range than what Harrison Ford showed through his entire career, that's for sure.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Don't care if Gosling is in this. I just want Vangelis + Perturbator to compose the music. I'LL BE SO IN if that happens! Fuck!
I love how you think.

ITT, people who have only seen Gosling in Drive and Only God Forgives.

I guess you guys only saw Drive?

I really enjoyed Drive, and am looking forward to seeing what Gosling can do in Blade Runner 2. It's just fun to imagine if BR and Drive were merged - some sort of Drive Runner. Like, if the Driver was running around in flying cars in LA in the future.

Razorback

People would rather he had been more expressive and emotive in Drive?

His performance is half of what makes the movie great.

And the same for Only God Forgives. That movie is just as good, screw you guys!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
He's a damn better actor than director.

Lost River is something else. Only God Forgives was a fraction of pretentiousness of that film.

NimbusD

Wait, what? Blade Runner 2?

I don't know if I should be excited. There's nothing else I really want to see from that universe, it's such a perfectly tightly told story. (def not talking about the theatrical cut).

And how is he opposite Harrison Ford if Ford was supposed to be a replicant? (not that I care if that's not cannon, I always ignored that because it's stupid).

Don't understand the mockery . Dude's a great actor.

Yeah he had a few roles which made him look serene , impavid , sometimes monosyllabic..so what ? He did what he was asked to do.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Gosling's got some real acting chops and I think he has the right vibe and look for a lead in a Blade Runner movie. I can't complain about this news. I just hope Ridley doesn't FUCK IT UP.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Watch Blue Valentine if you only watched Drive and think his acting is usually like that.

I don't know about a BR2, but having Gosling in it does make me more interested.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The only question I have is: Why?

And that's not directed toward Gosling, but the movie itself. No need.

Kifimbo

Sorry for bumping this, but an interview with Denis Villeneuve (the director) just aired in French, and they talked a little bit about Blade Runner 2.

- He said the Blade Runner is probably his favorite movie of all time.
- He basically knows it by heart.
- When he first learned a sequel was brewing, his first reaction was something like "What? NO. You can't do that. That's a bad idea". In other words, like many fans, he was highly skeptical.
- Eventually, he read the script and clearly it was good enough in his eyes to say yes to the project.
- He met with Harrison Ford for a couple of hours, which was apparently a requirement.
- At one point, Ridley Scott was gonna be the director, but he had too many projects on his plate and he had to make a choice.

injurai

Banned
Sorry for bumping this, but an interview with Denis Villeneuve (the director) just aired in French, and they talked a little bit about Blade Runner 2.

- When he first learned a sequel was brewing, his first reaction was something like "What? NO. You can't do that. That's a bad idea". In other words, like many fans, he was highly skeptical.
- Eventually, he read the script and clearly it was good enough in his eyes to say yes to the project.
- He met with Harrison Ford for a couple of hours, which was apparently a requirement.
- At one point, Ridley Scott was gonna be the director, but he had too many projects on his plate and he had to make a choice.

After finding out who the Director is I have to say my confidence has been boosted. Gosling is a great cast to fill that Deckard archetype that has become synonymous with Blade Runner.

What channel/TV program did you see that interview on? I'd like to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom