• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sanders campaign requests removal of 2 DNC members, threatens to halt convention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember in 2008 when Hillary demanded that Obama change his priorities and adopt her platform entirely or she was going to turn the convention upside down?

Because I don't.

Speaking of buyers remorse, guess what else broke 6 hours ago?

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bern...rs-misled-public-and-exploited-their-meeting/

After putting pressure on the Bernie Sanders campaign to agree to meet with them, a coalition of HIV/AIDS activists now say that the independent Vermont Senator and Democratic presidential candidate is “misleading the public” about the content of that meeting, and “exploiting” their group for short-term political gain, even implying an endorsement by the group that they did not make.

Those charges are contained in a scathing open letter to the Sanders campaign signed by 19 members of the coalition, in which the group says Sanders pimped their meeting in a press release that made it sound like the group endorses a piece of legislation that Sanders supports:

He's too late to run independent.

No it's not

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_presidential_candidates

After the DNC, he will have missed the deadline for

Texas, North Carolina, Illinois, Indiana, New Mexico, Nevada, Georgia

After that all of July deadlines after DNC are Oklahoma, South Carolina, Michigan, Washington and Missouri

After that almost all of the rest of the states are un August and some leftovers in September

Now, that being said each state has a bunch of requirements in terms of how they determine if he could actually be on the ballot, but it's not too late if he would go rogue and fuck shit up

You know the DNC should capitulate to two of Sanders' demands. Frank should step down and DWS should vacate the chairship... and the Frank should become the new DNC chair!

Yay everybody wins!

Honestly Frank is exactly the type of person that should have a high profile speech at the convention. Dude should lob bombs at Trump non-stop.

Liberty4all

Banned
So do you guys think his end game is to create a left version of the Tea Party? To be fair the republicans for all their bumbling still united in the end.

If he knew he couldn't win because he couldn't get into enough states, and did it anyways, wouldn't that just make him look like history's biggest prick?

Think the amount of mental gymnastics the man has to do to convince himself he still has a chance. Then think whether sense/logic actually figures into his decision making at the moment.

You know the DNC should capitulate to two of Sanders' demands. Frank should step down and DWS should vacate the chairship... and the Frank should become the new DNC chair!

Yay everybody wins!

Honestly Frank is exactly the type of person that should have a high profile speech at the convention. Dude should lob bombs at Trump non-stop.

And West is given a chair, in the basement, facing a wall, with the lights off, behind a locked door.

Tarydax

Banned
So do you guys think his end game is to create a left version of the Tea Party? To be fair the republicans for all their bumbling still united in the end.

In a way, but he forgot that the Tea Party was massively funded and was an organized effort.

Like when I saw a group wanting to primary a bunch of Dems in 2018 who follow Bernie's message. Good luck getting anyone who followed Bernie to the end to even be motivated to vote in an off season, these people are just not politically active and are not going to create a movement, let alone without massive bankrolling and a huge effort to artificially create a movement

I've been going back and forth on Sanders if he really as an asshole and if he was gonna come around, I should have listened to myself before thinking he was actually going to come around.

1435894846833-1.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Yay everybody wins!

That would feel like i'm getting too much out of the deal, lol.
I don't think he wants it, otherwise he would probably have it.

Wow, and Bernie turned around and accused them of being corrupt. It's like one big joke at this point.
This can't be real.

This is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. No presidential candidate running for president is more committed to ending the AIDS epidemic than Bernie Sanders. And you would know this if you read Bernie’s plan. Here is a copy:

https://berniesanders.com/issues/hiv-and-aids/

While we are disappointed in your continued mischaracterizations and repeated attacks on the Bernie Sanders campaign, it is not surprising that someone who depends on Gilead Sciences and other big pharmaceutical companies for funding would continue to drop bombs on the only presidential candidate who has the courage to stand up to the greed of the big drug companies.
Oh ok it's real excuse me

Reaction+Head+Bash.gif

TyrantII

The end game is whatever placates Bernies ego.

Less people have voted in the Dem primaries in 2016 than in 2008, and Bernie is down by 3 millions votes still. There's no support there for a left tea party. That's what makes this all the more infuriating.

Brinbe

What a spoiled brat. There's value in losing with honor, not pitching a fit when you're two weeks away from certain elimination.

Actions like this just destroy what's left of people's respect for you.

Cipherr

Speaking of buyers remorse, guess what else broke 6 hours ago?

After putting pressure on the Bernie Sanders campaign to agree to meet with them, a coalition of HIV/AIDS activists now say that the independent Vermont Senator and Democratic presidential candidate is “misleading the public” about the content of that meeting, and “exploiting” their group for short-term political gain, even implying an endorsement by the group that they did not make.

Those charges are contained in a scathing open letter to the Sanders campaign signed by 19 members of the coalition, in which the group says Sanders pimped their meeting in a press release that made it sound like the group endorses a piece of legislation that Sanders supports:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bern...rs-misled-public-and-exploited-their-meeting/

Wow, and Bernie turned around and accused them of being corrupt. It's like one big joke at this point.

Unreal. They really did.

This is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. No presidential candidate running for president is more committed to ending the AIDS epidemic than Bernie Sanders. And you would know this if you read Bernie’s plan. Here is a copy:

https://berniesanders.com/issues/hiv-and-aids/

While we are disappointed in your continued mischaracterizations and repeated attacks on the Bernie Sanders campaign, it is not surprising that someone who depends on Gilead Sciences and other big pharmaceutical companies for funding would continue to drop bombs on the only presidential candidate who has the courage to stand up to the greed of the big drug companies.

The crazy thing, is just like the Disney CEO, they failed to address the accusation that they lied about them endorsement. They totally side stepped it, and lobbed an accusation of these guys being 'establishment' and 'paid off and impure'.

It's almost robotic at this point.

That's the thing. This has been Bernie's modus operandi from the beginning. Anything and anyone that doesn't blow at the feet of Sander is immediately labeled part of the "Establishment" or in in the pocket of Fill-in-the-blank. Bernie Sanders is a suborn, selfish old politician that would see everything burn if he doesn't get his way.

I'm just glad people are finally starting to wake up to how much of a piece of shit he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom