• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound Gameplay Demo [extended IGN First demo in OP]

What game does Scalebound most remind you of?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kagutaba

Just watched and OMFG! It looks AWESOME!!
I'm so glad that they went this way, because it indeed looks pretty damn good!

I'm a fan of the original DMC and all, but man... I'm positively surprised!

I actually like the 'flowery exploration music -----> *enemy shows up* -----> WUBWUBWUB' thing

Game looks great and I like the main character, I think he's hilarious. I loled hard at the "use your words" line when he spoke to the dragon. Only thing that bothers me is the main characters walking / running animation.

OMG! THAT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS! I NEED A X1 NOW (or maybe when this releases)!!!

I CAN'T STOP DRIPPING!

NOW THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

UNITE UP!

Skii

Didn't really convince me on an Xbox One. This was the only game I was really interested in. Will wait until it's fully released before making final judgement.

not sure what to make of what I just saw....

I mean... is it meant to be Last Guardian for Dudebros?

jlaw-whtvr.gif

Gameplay looks damn fun.
But the character, and his $15 beats headphone knockoff bought from Walgreens, along with the music, forget it.

GamerJM

Banned
It looks like what I expected + bad framerate that will hopefully be fixed + RPG elements. I'm not a huge fan of Platinum so I might get it after a price cut or something idk.

javadoze

Eh. Doesn't look bad conceptually. Like with Wonderful 101, I'd assume that there'll be things that'll drastically change from now til holiday 2016.

Illucio

Banned
The game looks visually appealing and a lot of the gameplay mechanics looked ripped straight from Monster Hunter, Freedom Wars, and Soul Sacrifice. The characters design reminds me of new Dante from Dmc. And just.. Interesting.

But.. I don't know, the gameplay looks a lot duller then what I was expecting. And the animation looks very cheap and not well done. (Granted this is Alpha...)

I was very excited for this game, making this and Sunset Overdrive the only reason why I would get the Xbox One. But so far I'm not too impressed with what I saw. It looked like a game ridden with a bunch of cool mechanics of other games that are poorly executed and a pretty package. There isn't really much going on with it. It looks like it lacks substance, I just can't put my finger on it.

I'm really interested to see the reviews for this game, I don't know why but I think it might flop. I really do hope it succeeds though.

This looks pretty fucking awesome. It's already showing us big boss battles, powers, transformations, ranged and close combat. Good sense of style too.

I honestly don't understand some people's "dudebro" obsession. Alpha bashing has to stop. Some people are extroverted, friendly and enjoy life. There are dozens of us!

Holy shit, love everything I've seen today, really excited about this. For once I don't mind slower paced combat, Thank you Platinum!!!

I need to stop looking at this thread. I'm far too hyped for this game. It has dragons. Dragons! Ahhhh. Guys, I completed and enjoyed (that's right, I said it) Lair twice (motion controls and analog stick patch). That's how much I love games with dragons. Especially games where you can ride them. Dammit, now I want a sequel to Lair. Someone help.

-MD-

I was underwhelmed. Maybe it'll be something I'll want to play closer to release, this video didn't do much for me though.

This has got to be the best visual presentation I've seen of Platinum games yet. But that frame-rate is something they have to really resolve by next holiday. Makes me wonder how much budget has been placed to this title.

Bessy67

Wow, that wasn't really what I was expecting at all based on the developer but it looks great to me. The only bad thing to me was that basic enemies were way too easy but I'd guess that was just for demo purposes.

Final Fantasy meets Monster Hunter meets Souls meets The Last Guardian meets Xenoblade meets Uncharted(ish dialogue) and if you can ride the beast perhaps even vibes of Panzer Dragoon.

The fuck. How can one game have so many feels.

-MD-

Final Fantasy meets Monster Hunter meets Souls meets The Last Guardian meets Xenoblade meets Uncharted(ish dialogue) and if you can ride the beast perhaps even vibes of Panzer Dragoon.

What about this resembles the Souls series?

The only problem I have with the main character is how focus group designed it seems. Used to Kamiya's off-the-wall characters, he seems quite bland and generic. I'm not sure why people peg him as a jerk, other than the visual similarity to Donte; hell, he's better mannered than the original Dante or Bayonetta.

Also, considering Kamiya's love for western action movies, I can't shake this feeling that he fell in love with How to Train Your Dragon and this is the result. Which considering how I love it myself, is pretty cool. :)

The only thing I don't like are the floating white numbers. They are the harbinger of bad things.

To be fair UI is usually the very last thing to be touched up, they probably won't look anything like that in the final game.

Jashobeam

love the fantasy sci-fi look of the game and I have the utmost confidence that Kamiya will deliver on gameplay. This game is a system seller in my eyes. Cant wait to see more!

What if it's not actually all those things meeting and is just a game designer making a game they want to make

Nista

Looks like it would be fun to play, but I'd much rather have a mode where you play as the dragon making sarcastic quips at the dumb kid and tearing things up.

The main character needs a mute option, along with some other radio stations for his incongruous headphones. I'd totally listen to classical or kpop or anything other than bad electronica. He's terribly offputting from the little they've shown so far.

Chobel

LOL at dudebro posts! There's nothing dudebro about this.

Souls?

sn00zer

Platinum is making an openish world action rpg thats basically reviving a dead gameplay concept that began and ended with Drakan
maxresdefault.jpg

HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLYYYY SHHHHHEEEEEEIIIIIIITTT
Well that was a skip and a leap to the diving into getting an X1.

PhatSaqs

Banned
It looks decent enough but I'm not sold on the gameplay. Hoping for a fight system akin to Ninja Gaiden. That would be great.

Its early yet so we shall see...

I really liked what I saw, the dragon/monster design is really cool, as are the environments. Combat looked a little stiff, but it's Platinum so I've got faith.

The protag looks like an utter douche, which I don't mind too much. At least he wears his ridiculousness on his sleeve. It's stupid, in a somewhat good way. I would have loved a character creator or female option.

It looked fun, and that's the important bit.

Majmun

This and Quantum Break will make me buy an Xbox One

The game looks a bit rough, though. But I see a lot of potential.

And I'm glad it's an action RPG instead of a boring action game like Vanquish and Rising.

Top Bottom