• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA 3D Classics Collection hitting retail in North America (April 26th, $29.99)

brett2

Sorry for those disappointed but I'll be buying this. I wonder why some of the already released downloadable Sega 3D games aren't included in this collection though.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
lol @ the tears. This collection's dope. Puyo Puyo 2 and Power Drift, plus some older 3D classics I haven't bought yet.

This is amazing!

As somebody who owns the Japanese versions of both collections is I'm glad to see this come over!

Hopefully this sells well enough to justify the 1st one coming over as well seeing as those games have fixes the eShop versions don't.

Thanks, SEGA!

It was probably mentioned already but that looks like Sugimori's art.

He drew the covers for both installments of the Archives.

The_Kid

Are these all the 3ds games Sega has put on the eshop too? I'm just wondering for completion sake would it make more sense to buy this or am I still missing some of the 3D classics?

Camjo-Z

It was probably mentioned already but that looks like Sugimori's art.

That's because it is.

The SEGA 3D Classics Collection will be released for the Nintendo 3DS system in stores and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS, with retail packaging that features original artwork by Pokémon art director, Ken Sugimori.

He did the art for the other collection too:

SEGA3DClassicsBoxArt.png

emb

Most of those are simply emulated Genesis collections, so yeah, they usually have a higher quantity of games per dollar, but you're not really getting anything remarkable out of them.

Plus the 3D Classics line has a higher focus on arcade titles, which I'm vastly more interested in seeing than another line of Genesis ports, to be honest.
Yeah, the rom dumps aren't really exciting you're right. 3D Classics at least bring something new to the table.

Slermy

This is fantastic. I'll probably triple dip:

1.) I have most of these games already on my 3DS.
2.) I want Puyo Puyo digitally.
3.) I want that sweet cover art.

What is kind of a crime is that so far none of the retail compilations of the 3D Classics line have included Super Hang-On or After Burner II.

Yes, I already have them digitally - twice, in the case of Super Hang-On - but they feel strangely forgotten in the line.

The retail releases could be a bit more comprehensive, to be honest.

aadiboy

Are they going to release the new games separately on the eshop? I don't want to buy the collection just for a few new games and others that I already have.

Camjo-Z

Not all but most. So seeing people whine about people "whining" to this announcement is really amusing. The reason many of us are dismissive of this announcement, as it has been explained over and over in this very thread, is that this is just a physical release for games many of us already own.

My favorite post was the dude who said "YOU STILL GET 4 NEW (1980) GAMES (For $29.99 plus tax).

Good stuff.

If you already own all the games and think $30 is too much to pay for 4 collection-exclusive ports then feel free to voice your opinion, it's the people who come in and go "NOT SHENMUE HD? SHIT ANNOUNCEMENT" that are being obnoxious.

Once your tears have dried, come join those of us who are properly excited for this collection. If you haven't enjoyed M2's astounding conversion work you're in for a goddamn treat.

I hope Sega starts considering releases of their other games. Their Saturn and Dreamcast offerings deserve a lot more exposure.

As usual, people got overly hyped for no reason.

Joqu

Ah, I missed that this hasn't been announced for Europe yet. Fingers crossed. :S

3DS....nuff said

I'm gonna assume you're simply trying to explain those people's reasoning and not complaining about the platform yourself because that really wouldn't be anything but a shitpost.

IrishNinja

maaaan, this is an awesome birthday surprise! getting vol 2, most of these ones i didnt pick up yet either...plus some extras! hoping we get the other down the road, no idea why some of ya'll are down on this

StereoVsn

So... Is PowerDrift going to be available separately. That's about the only game I am interested in that I already don't have.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
FWIW, i have all the 3D Classics released so far except Ecco.

honestly, fantasy zone 2 might be my favorite. it's crazy good. i dont even really like the first game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What a friggen lame collection. Will we never get another 'Sonic's Genesis collection' for current gen? Over 30 great genesis titles with unlockables as well.

We need an even bigger version of that in 1080p

Awesome. Power Drift!! Can't wait for this.

LOL @ some of these reactions, by the way. Clearly many of you aren't aware of just how awesome the 3D Classics series is.

Top Bottom