• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA 3D Classics Collection hitting retail in North America (April 26th, $29.99)

MrBadger

they put out like

one post

yesterday

they even put "classics" in the post

Well, they did say it was a new game. Although I saw this coming when they removed the post. They probably realised their mistake

It was either this or a new Sonic anyway, I don't know where people were getting Jet Set Radio from

Tizoc

I feel bad for my homie Canadian 3DS owners.
Do US region 3DS carts not work on Canadian 3DS systems?

Well, they did say it was a new game. Although I saw this coming when they removed the post. They probably realised their mistake

It was either this or a new Sonic anyway, I don't know where people were getting Jet Set Radio from

Technically it is a new game, just with a delayed release :V

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yay, a Puyo Puyo game getting a western release without needlessly altered graphics!

Now release PuyoPuyoTetris, and I'll happily buy an English version, too!

O don't buy much for 3DS at all... but I could make an exception here. I do enjoy what little I've played of the 3D classics line.

I do hope the other titles that were never released on the eshop will be put up there as well. Otherwise that is a bit wrong to screw over the people that have been supporting the 3D remakes so far.

rhandino

Banned
What's worse, people annoyed at the announcement or people claiming to be True Fans™ and that everybody else is a baby?
The ones that thought that single tweet could mean JSR HD, Shenmue Collection or Panzer Dragoon Saga HD.

They do this to themselves every single time.

Sciz

We'd have people disappointed that Sega didn't pull Shenmue 3 out of nowhere if it didn't already exist.

The best you're going to get out of Sega of America projects are compilations and localizations. HD/PC ports are almost entirely the domain of Sega Europe. Neither of them independently do major new game announcements unless it's an IP by one of the studios directly under them.

entremet

This is lame. I was thinking more PC ports...

Like what?

If you're thinking about Bayo 1 and Vanquish, are those classics?

They're just a generation old.

I really not getting the expectations people were having. "Fans of the classics" doesn't channel those games to me.

Tizoc

Like what?

If you're thinking about Bayo 1 and Vanquish, are those classics?

They're just a generation old.

I really not getting the expectations people were having. "Fans of the classics" doesn't channel those games to me.
Besides this is only January, we've got more months to come for announcements etc.

I'm really quite excited about this collection, and I hope they also do a volume 2 with the other remaining eshop and some more unreleased 3D games. M2s emulation efforts on the 3DS are spectacular, I bought a lot of those games despite my "don't like digital only games" stance and played them... a lot (Outrun, Hangon, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 1&2, Gunstar Heroes...). So I would be glad to add those games to my physical collection, as well. If this comes to Europe, I will gladly get this for Puyo Puyo 2 and Power Drift alone :) If anything, the selection for this particular collection is rather weak overall (it features Altered Beast and Thunder Blade, both really overrated 'classics' IMO... that alone hits it down a bit), hence my hope for another one after this.

Sorry for all those people who seemed to believe this would be a "bigger" announcement - I would also be thankful to receive Skies of Arcadia HD, more Jet Set Radio, or Shenmue HD collections. But in other threads, the retail Japanese 3D Classics collections from M2 were actually requested by many fans. And this together with the Valkyria Chronicles remake for west, new Yakuza games coming, apparent return of classic Sonic for the anniversary... I think SEGA really is now listening more to their hardcore crowd again, and this collection is part of them listening (even though it might not be exciting to everyone). I see this as good news.

AWESOME! :D

Nice to see Puyo, Power Drift, and the two (or three if MS FZ1 is also in) Master System games are coming over!

Kinda wish they put ALL the games in, that would've been AMAZING! :D

Sad-Deweys-Low-Expectations-Are-Never-Met-On-Malcolm-In-The-Middle-Gif.gif

3DS only? Why? Previous collections had more games.

This is better than anything else everyone was wanting :)

100% hyped and excited. THANKS SEGA!!! <3 <3

(Anyone who read that tweet is kinda dumb for thinking it would be anything else. You did it to yourselves!)

Z3M0G

With a classic RPG this could have been interesting to me.

Phantasy Star I-IV 3D would be OOOOMMMMMGGGGGG...

mclem

So is this the downloadable titles that were released in Collection 1 in Japan combined with the bonus games from Collection 2?

Interested... but it'd be nice if there was some form of discount for people who purchased the originals. It's not impossible for that to be offered - similar things have appeared on eShop before - so here's hoping.

Edit: No, actually, looking at it, it's a mix of titles from both Series.

Finally! I've been basically begging for a western retail release of these for awhile now. I only own Galaxy Force 2 digitally, so the rest are extremely welcome.

Thanks Sega!

emb

3D classics collection is actually pretty cool.

I thought that like... Sonic 2 and SoR 2 had been 3d-ified before. Nothing here really perks me up, though I might still grab the game some day. (Actually Galaxy Force sounds interesting.)

I prefer to get the actual carts over anything. And failing that, there are much fuller collections on PSP, PS360, and even those aftermarket Sega licensed handhelds (I have one <.<).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is the best possible news for fans of great games with excellent ports. Literally the best ports of any games.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
3DS only? Why?

Because they've been altered to display in 3D for the 3DS screen?

Seriously, you folks haven't heard of the 3D Classics line before? Sega's been putting these games out on 3DS since 2013, and Nintendo was doing it before that.

I prefer to get the actual carts over anything. And failing that, there are much fuller collections on PSP, PS360, and even those aftermarket Sega licensed handhelds (I have one <.<).

Most of those are simply emulated Genesis collections, so yeah, they usually have a higher quantity of games per dollar, but you're not really getting anything remarkable out of them.

Plus the 3D Classics line has a higher focus on arcade titles, which I'm vastly more interested in seeing than another line of Genesis ports, to be honest.

Drago

I'll probably get this even if I have a few the games they included already. Gotta have my Puyo Puyo...

Hoping they bring out the first collection released in Japan eventually too.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
They're seriously just leaving Puyo Puyo 2 unlocalized? I know it's just a puzzle game, but that's lame as shit.

good, those charlatans need not go with censoring the purest of puzzle games from the east, nor dare whisper the idea.

Top Bottom