• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cess007

DDQnmoyXcAAbWFO.jpg

I will be forever jealous of the PAL design

Listonosh

wow, the FOMO is REAL right now. Like, scary real. Shitty thing is, I'm one of those that actually plays his NES Classic, and don't care about reselling. Here's to hoping I can somehow get my hands on one of these too.

... but.... but.... the NES Classic didn't have preorders (unless you were outside of the U.S.)

Since when? I preordered mine

jett

D-Member
The NES Classic was mostly for nostalgia's sake, but that's genuinely legendary collection of games. All of those games have touched my SNES (except StarFox 2, obviously). Kinda funny when I think about it.

If it had Chrono Trigger it'd be perfect. It's omission is a real shame.

shockdude

Are the controllers going to use that non-standard SNES-like controller port on the front of the console? That might be annoying for adapter manufacturers like 8bitdo.

Morts

Legit surprised about Yoshi's Island and Star Fox. They were never on Virtual Console. I hope I can get one.

Bakercat

Lol at all the people hyped for this system. Gaf is gonna have a meltdown when this thing goes up for preorder and five minutes later is sold out by scalpers. You all (including me) got burned hard by the nes classic, and yet you all are jumping right back into the fire. I wanna be excited for this system, I really do, but we all know how this is gonna play out. Good luck to those though that pray to the gods and sacrifice their first born for a chance to get one though.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Omg Starfox 2.

But how do you not put on Donkey Kong Country 2, game was easily one of the best on Snes next to ALttP and Super Metroid.

I got lucky in that I was able to preorder the NES Classic without it getting canceled last summer. Wonder if lightning strikes twice especially with September closer than November.

I wonder if they even do preorders at this point.

Damn near perfect list of games for those looking to relive their childhood or introduce new people to a best of. Only thing I would put on is chrono trigger

Hoping they make at least an attempt to meet demand this time

Zee-Row

Banned
I'm good , I have most of these games on Wii U. After the NES classic dabacle any release like this kills my enthusiasm.

deleted

No mention of star fox 2 on the box...

I can't find a picture, but I'm pretty sure it looks exactly like I remember my SNES packaging, yellow splash with Mario and Yoshi and all that.

The +1 is Star Fox 2 I'd guess.

Oh man, you are in for a treat. Wish I could erase my play through from my memory and play it again fresh.

Yep, wanted to wait for the Switch VC for that.

seantos

Neo Member
This has me more hyped than just about anything announced at E3. Are the lineups at the Nintendo World already starting yet? Lol

Two controllers this time? Thank God. Only having one last time and then shipping like one extra controller to every 10 NES Classics was a dick move.

Not that I'll be able to buy the goddamn thing. I only got the NES by fluke - Target briefly had preorders up late at night/early in the morning when I happened to be online. That was the only way to pre-order in the US period, iirc, and they probably weren't supposed to do it. Tried a million times to get a second for a close friend, and then later my dad, and no dice.

i have two NES Classics but i don't really care for them.
Yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom