• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just went on my girlfriends ipad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheeplash

need more details about the convo

having random flirty online chats with dick pics flying around are not that big of a deal. most girls do that

WWo5Ga.gif

OP, I'm pretty sure you just want to have it out with her but she'll either come clean about it or try to hide it or even try to blame you for it. Just talk about it and end it all there. Be the adult.

Either way, the relationship is over. It will always come back to you one way or another. You'll keep seeing that dick pic and the conversation had around it. I'm sure what hurts more, is the fact she had this conversation in the first place, not the pic itself. I highly doubt the guy knows about you, but don't go down the road of getting at him even though I'm sure giving a beat down would feel great.

As you both rent together, I'm pretty sure you each have 30 days notice to give the landlord. Talk to Citizens Advice and tell them the situation, leaving out the other details and they'll advice on the legal side of things. You're certainly not stuck.

Secondly, after you've moved out, hit the gym and get some goals set up.

Good luck OP.

I suppose you're forgetting your own comment about how she can report him to the landlord and get kicked off the lease.

read my edit.

Getting kicked out of a flat by your landlord isn't some 'Oh well, on to the next one' deal. Where I used to live, one particular estate agent leased at least 90% of the houses in the area. If they had to kick me out and end our contract short, I'm effectivly locked out of 90% of the flats in the area.

There's also the possiblity of them taking you to a small claims court for loss of income due to them having to end the contract.

Vire

No I wouldn't say we had trust issues.

I'd say it would be pretty normal to ask who someone was talking to at 1am in the morning.

A question doesn't always have to be an investigation, it's kinda like if someone has just ended a conversation and you innocently say "Oh who was that". It's different than being all like "Who the fuck was that, give me your phone"

As I said there has been no issues at all, no reason to ever suspect something. But I think it's normal that I'm now asking questions after finding the conversation.

4 years but we've known each other a little longer.

We've been living together for just over a year.
Oof, 4 years? I was devastated when I found out about a girl doing me dirty after 8 months.

Daffy Duck

I take it you don't know the guy then?

If it was me, I would talk to her about it when she gets home (like others have said) and see what she says about it.

You've decided it's over so that's one hurdle you've dealt with already, now it's just about the gory details of the relationship with this guy.

Sucks man. Sorry.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
You should make an audio recording using a phone when you dump her just incase she gets physically abusive and you need to press charges.

Also you could post it in this thread.

danowat

Banned
Irrelevant since you said he'd get evicted for making her uncomfortable.

They can't make you pay or do anything once they evict you.

He already said he's going to his parents' place to get himself back on his feet.

If you don't know anything about assured short term tenancy agreements in the UK, I suggest refraining from making ridiculous statements about it.

No one is getting evicted, that's not how it works.

Galang

Banned
Forward it to all her family members with the message: "I am cheating on my boyfriend with some creep, here is a photo of his penis."

I like some of the revenge suggestions in this thread, but this is overdoing it imo. The dick wallpaper was a nice suggestion.

Irrelevant since you said he'd get evicted for making her uncomfortable.

They can't make you pay or do anything once they evict you.

It's not irrlevant at all. They have your deposit. They're not making you pay anything, they just won't give you back the deposit you would normally get back at the end of the agreement. That's how depsoits work.

And again, he would never be able to lease from them or their partners again. If they're a big agency, that's a big problem as it means way less flats that are available for him to move into. You're trying to make this all seem like a simple operation when it's way more complicated and damaging than you think.

The end point is, it's not as simple as just one party moving out or getting evicted. Neither of those things are easy or worth the time and repercussions. It's just terrible advice to give someone.

I would do the dick pic wallpaper as well and just leave. When she texts/calls you, just say you'll hash out the details of the lease later.

j0hnnix

this is brilliant. especially if you just decide to pack up and leave before she gets home. don't say a word to her. just let the wallpaper speak for itself lol.

Lol. Best one.

Honestly.. You can talk with her.. she can be honest, she can also manipulate you, she can also lie. This is a bit much, its whatsapp on a tablet, she was having a not so "innocent" conversation... yeah time to leave her and when you do take all the food from the fridge and take a stinky stump under the bed(not really) but would be good f u.

weekev

Banned
I mean you have questions you want answers to so ask them and see if you can tell if she's making up the answers. Do NOT let her talk you into continuing the relationship, does not sound like trust will ever return and you will grow to hate each other.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Just speaking in general,

I hate that people cheat and lie and do this shit. It honestly disgusts me. It's such a cowardly thing to do. The part that makes me the most sad is that it's pretty much expected human nature. It's the norm, and not that rare.

weekev

Banned
Wait I got one I got one.

Show her this forum and ask her to guess which suggestion you followed. Freak her the fuck out.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Maybe just sending the guy's dick to her would be good, so she already knows what she's up to when she gets home

If he's going to confront her, he shouldn't give her the benefit of time in which she can come up with a ridiculous lie or some asinine deflection that leads to a shouting match.

Just talk to her, explain what happened and hit her with the realness of what this means.

Lombax

Banned
After reading through all the pages this is the only thing you should do.

make the dickpic the ipads wallpaper and see what happens

If you have decided its over, then the conversation with her will only serve as an outlet for you to vent, and may not be all that constructive.
Move on, and I wish you the best of luck in your next relationship!

Well, maybe they should. If she's humiliated maybe she'll understand what she actually did. And won't do it to another person.
She's not an idiot. She knows what she did and doesn't care. Texting a picture of that guys dick to her family isn't going to make her sit and ponder about her choices. Humiliation like that isn't going to make her feel like she got cheated on either.

The only petty thing suggested in this thread worth doing is changing the lock screen on the iPad to the picture of the dick. That's just funny.

Also, OP once you do have a conversation with her, don't let her try to become the victim. Women love doing that shit when they do something wrong.

Squalor

If you don't know anything about assured short term tenancy agreements in the UK, I suggest refraining from making ridiculous statements about it.

No one is getting evicted, that's not how it works.
I never said he was. The other poster did. You should read the conversation carefully before jumping in on a whim and failing.

Take a copy of the conversation as proof.

Personally I'd send a message something like:

"I was using your iPad today and WhatsApp was left open. Is there anything you'd like to say?"

TalonJH

Haven't read past page 3 yet but make her leave. Send yourself a copy of the conversation(pic included) and place it in an email addressed to her parents and save it as a draft as a last resort.

Edit: Seriously though, I think I would honestly leave. Not worth it.

ajim

Sorry to hear mate. I've been in a similar situation to yours and that other dude in this thread who kept taking his gf back after her lying and its terrible.

These people aren't worth second chances, they'll continue to do it and they unfortunately leave a bitter taste in your mouth for future relationships ( at least for myself).

I'd be really prescriptive in your conversation with her around what you've seen how it's impacted you and the image she has left of herself and you do not want anything more to do with her. I wouldn't worry about questions of 'closure' it's not worth it. Prescriptive in your delivery of impact and goodbye and see ya later.

Sorry mate. Good luck.

Squalor

Haven't read past page 3 yet but make her leave. Send yourself a copy of the conversation(pic included) and place it in an email addressed to her parents and save it as a draft as a last resort.
He can't afford rent by himself, unfortunately. The lease is screwing things up, and they're both on it.

Eh... I dont think its a big deal if she didnt send anything back. Guys send dick pics all the time, but if she didnt send anything back there's no intention of her doing anything with him.

Guys like to shoot their shot. And unfortunately in this society if you do anything other than compliment them, you will make them angry or hurt their feelings. Doesn't mean shes giving into temptation.

Mohasus

I'm guilty of flirting even though I'm in a relationship. She knows about that and I wouldn't do anything more than talk with those girls. She knows one of them came to visit me for a few days and nothing happened, not a single kiss or touch. Anyway, mine isn't as long as OP (the relationship) nor as serious, so I can understand where the frustration comes from.

Actually, I'm stopping this now after reading the reactions here. It is something I do when I'm bored, so I'll just do something else to pass the time.

Also, why do some of you obsess so much with the size of the penis? The sexual comment probably had nothing to do with that.

You should have made her uncomfortable.

And what is stopping her from doing the same?

Send her parents a d-pic? Talon you beautiful SoB, I like where your head is at.
I'm guilty of flirting even though I'm in a relationship. She knows about that and I wouldn't do anything more than talk with those girls. She knows one of them came to visit me for a few days and nothing happened, not a single kiss or touch. Anyway, mine isn't as long as OP (the relationship) nor as serious, so I can understand where the frustration comes from.

Actually, I'm stopping this now after reading the reactions here. It is something I do when I'm bored, so I'll just do something else to pass the time.
Is your gf hitting the gym? She should. I can send her some instragram accounts of women that focus on squats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom