• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just went on my girlfriends ipad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Just a thought, but it might be worth holding off for a few days, and doing some snooping to figure out if you know the guy. It would be good to know if you have a friend or acquaintance that can't be trusted.

Moff

Maybe not full on dick pics but you'd be surprised how many unsolicited sexual advances women on social media have to deal with. Some guys actually think "here is a picture of my dick" is a good opening line. Obviously that's not what happened in OP's case but speaking just in general.

if she got a dick pick she didn't want this thread would not exist or if it did it would look completely differently
but that's not what happened

What kind of girls do you date?

Don't snoop for a few days. It'll only make things worse. I know from experience.
They are talking about unsolicited pictures.

There's a difference between being given a picture you don't want and asking for a picture. And they are talking about the former.

zethren

Banned
Just a thought, but it might be worth holding off for a few days, and doing some snooping to figure out if you know the guy. It would be good to know if you have a friend or acquaintance that can't be trusted.

If it's a friend he'll know as soon as he leaves her, because they'll probably hook up.

I'm sorry, OP... A very similar thing has happened to me in the past, and I allowed it to drag on with me giving her the benefit of the doubt. Best of luck to you, and I encourage you to continue handling it as maturely as it sounds like you are.

Maybe. Mostly guys they meet through online dating. I also didn't knew about such predominance until I've seen their phones...

Yeah but a lot of the women i know would tell. Or would tell my girlfriend in the very least (who would then tell me).

But i'm not in the online dating scene.

bengraven

Nah, it's probably done.

No reason to even prolong it. Tomorrow is the first day of the OP's new life, why keep anything left over from yesterday?

Eh... I dont think its a big deal if she didnt send anything back. Guys send dick pics all the time, but if she didnt send anything back there's no intention of her doing anything with him.

Guys like to shoot their shot. And unfortunately in this society if you do anything other than compliment them, you will make them angry or hurt their feelings. Doesn't mean shes giving into temptation.

What a load of bollocks.

Yes, you don't understand how tennacy agreements work. Wether or not their relationship has broken down has absolutely nothing with their tennancy agreement. Her cheating has nothing to do with them. Him making her uncomfortable in her own home absolutely does. Neither of them can just pack up and leave. That's not how contracts work.

He can absolutely leave. He may have to keep paying his half for the remainder of the lease, but he said that he would be back with his parents, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Maybe he just looses his deposit or whatever, who cares.

BamfMeat

Its now 9 pages. I'm not going to read them all, so if my question has been answered, ignore me.

OP, do you know said guy or know of said guy? When they were "talking flirty", were they also making plans to meet up? Or was it "you're so cute." "So are you." "Here, check out my dick." "Here, check out my tits." "If we lived closer, we'd totally bang."

I'm a dude married to a dude - both of us have flirty conversations like that with other people. We also both get dick pics from others (and have sent them as well.) But I firmly do not believe either of us would ever act on it. Ever. We're also usually talking to people literally halfway around the world, so it's not like one of us can invite the guy to our house the next day. We also don't usually talk about it, but it's not a hidden secret either. It's just a way for us to get attention from the outside.

TalonJH

I just want to make clear that there's no debate at all with regards to me staying with her.

I'm done, I'm just angry as I said, and trying to decide the best way forward. I don't even want a confrontation as it's not going to change anything.

I've got lots of questions in my head though, but not sure I want to know the answers.

Has she done this before, how many times, has she slept with anyone behind my back, what did I do wrong, is he better looking than me, is my dick not good enough, why are you a cunt. I know she hasn't slept with this guy based on the conversation and her response to the picture.

But in the end, even if I knew the answers to those questions it's not going to change anything....

Shut those feelings down right now. It's not your fault. Talk to her but don't do that to yourself. She will probably already be mad(her way of coping with being the bad guy) so she'll want to hurt you.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Maybe. Mostly guys they meet through online dating. I also didn't knew about such predominance until I've seen their phones...

Well sure, if she's single and trying to hook up online I can imagine them getting the occasional dick pic if it goes to sexting. That's soliciting for dick.

Most women in serious committed relationships tend to not be involved with online dating though.

I'd start packing my shit and tell her to deal. Or if it's your place, when she gets home, tell her to start packing her shit. If it's provably written by her and it seems pretty obvious it is, then I don't think it's even worth entertaining.

It's a perfectly valid reason to be hurt and not want to be in a relationship with someone over.

But don't beat yourself up over it. It's insulting and hurtful, but it's a negative reflection on her, not on you.

That's horrible. It's crazy to me that someone who commits to SPENDING THE REST OF THEIR LIFE with someone can cheat before they even tie the knot. I'm sorry that happened to you man.

An acquaintance had this happen, but wasn't caught until way later. Girl was cheating on him before, after, and probably during the wedding.

Eh... I dont think its a big deal if she didnt send anything back. Guys send dick pics all the time, but if she didnt send anything back there's no intention of her doing anything with him.

Guys like to shoot their shot. And unfortunately in this society if you do anything other than compliment them, you will make them angry or hurt their feelings. Doesn't mean shes giving into temptation.

What about all the back and forth flirty chit chat that led to her receiving a dick pic? Especially if it continued after receiving the pic. Continuing to engage with this guy shows intent.

OP, did she continue conversing after the photo or did it end there? I think it's kind of important to know because if it stopped right there, then she might have thought things went too far.

D6AMIA6N

Compared to most of GAF, I am probably old at 38. I'm married and a parent. However, there is nothing as low, petty, cowardice and selfish as infidelity in any capacity. I believe that there is no recourse that is too outlandish or uncalled for.

When the wound is fresh as it is now, you are not thinking clearly. You will not be able to think clearly until you have confronted her. You will think she can explain herself and actions, and she will, but it will be a mistake if you stay with her. You may eventually forgive her, but do not stay with her. She is untrustworthy.

Your revenge is necessary and earned. I say screen shot her convo and favorite pic, and send it as a mass text to her contacts. This may be your one and only opportunity in life to fully embrace the power of the dark side. You will thank me later.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
remember this: if you have the phone number you can put it into facebook, 7 times out of 10 they have their number attached to their facebook

Can you even see the number on the websites whatsapp portal? If so he should add it to his phone contacts and see if he gets a new "friend" suggestion from fb. That'll be the dude, not like it matters much though.

Compared to most of GAF, I am probably old at 38. I'm married and a parent. However, there is nothing as low, petty, cowardice and selfish as infidelity in any capacity. I believe that there is no recourse that is too outlandish or uncalled for.

When the wound is fresh as it is now, you are not thinking clearly. You will not be able to think clearly until you have confronted her. You will think she can explain herself and actions, and she will, but it will be a mistake if you stay with her. You may eventually forgive her, but do not stay with her. She is untrustworthy.

Your revenge is necessary and earned. I say screen shot her convo and favorite pic, and send it as a mass text to her contacts. You will thank me later.

this is awful

Falcs

Banned
So what are you gonna do, OP? When does she get home?

Your revenge is necessary and earned. I say screen shot her convo and favorite pic, and send it as a mass text to her contacts. This may be your one and only opportunity in life to fully embrace the power of the dark side. You will thank me later.

This is great! :)

MrS

Banned
Only if its bigger though.
I think we've already established that it isn't and that OP has a weak pipe game.

Seriously though, OP seems pretty level headed about this and will handle the situation accordingly. He should also take FreeMufasa's advice though.

Barzul

Its now 9 pages. I'm not going to read them all, so if my question has been answered, ignore me.

OP, do you know said guy or know of said guy? When they were "talking flirty", were they also making plans to meet up? Or was it "you're so cute." "So are you." "Here, check out my dick." "Here, check out my tits." "If we lived closer, we'd totally bang."

I'm a dude married to a dude - both of us have flirty conversations like that with other people. We also both get dick pics from others (and have sent them as well.) But I firmly do not believe either of us would ever act on it. Ever. We're also usually talking to people literally halfway around the world, so it's not like one of us can invite the guy to our house the next day. We also don't usually talk about it, but it's not a hidden secret either. It's just a way for us to get attention from the outside.

You know what you're describing is not typical and a significant amount of people would not be ok with that happening in their relationship? OP already said seeing the pic and reading the content is enough of a deal breaker for him already.

OP, I'd bail. I'd also contact the landlord and see if he/she will release you from the lease or if you can work something else out. I wouldn't even talk to her. It's time for the ultimate of ghosting. Just disappear from her life.

OCD Guy

OP, did she continue conversing after the photo or did it end there? I think it's kind of important to know because if it stopped right there, then she might have thought things went too far.

No as I said earlier she was then positive about the picture he sent.

Well sure, if she's single and trying to hook up online I can imagine them getting the occasional dick pic if it goes to sexting. That's soliciting for dick.

Most women in serious committed relationships tend to not be involved with online dating though.

Yes, it's mostly single girls, but she also exchanged numbers with someone to talk with him on whatsapp.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<

You are kind of a cunt. Don't do that OP.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

You went full Palpatine dude

Never go full Palpatine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom