• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who's trading their 3DS's at Gamestop tomorrow?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
angelfly said:
I'm going to accomplish the impossible. I'm going to own and enjoy both 3DS and Vita.
That's unpossable. I hope SOny doens't overprice Vita here (F*** you Nintendo, :S) but they probably will...

Also, release date for Vita plz.

There's no way I'm getting rid of my 3DS - way too much potential.

But hot damn.. $249.. I'll wait for the $50 price drop and I'll be getting a PSV as well. It will be the first Sony game system I own so I don't mind splooging on some of the retro stuff as well.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Heavy said:
So are we allowed to post with a bit more leeway in this thread? If so, 3DS = DOA. Holy crap, 250 bucks... never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be any lower than $299 (wasn't even confident on 299, either). The 3DS is done as far as I'm concerned. It's an underpowered, gimmicky handheld that's not different enough from the NDS for consumers to care. For the same price you get a Vita... that's just unbelievable. Like buying a Benz for the same price as a Corolla.
Software software software. Thats what pushes consumers to buy systems, when they see a game they want and go "I will own this system to have that game"

Keyouta

Serenade said:
JFuOz.png
I lol'd.

Raxus

This is why you never early adopt. Vita is going to have the same problems as well. I am certain the 3DS will get a redesign/price drop tomorrow.

Glad I never picked up the 3DS.

Im keeping mine, but also getting Vita day1 (preorder been in over a month already).

Im not mad at anyone who is trading it in....So far I saw zero support for this thing (only Ubi and EA conferences ive seen, but EA didnt even give a shout out when running through all the different ways you can play FIFA).They really gnna have to bring a surf and turf to the table tomorrow for 3DS.

angelfly said:
I'm going to accomplish the impossible. I'm going to own and enjoy both 3DS and Vita.

I used to say this about my DS and PSP, but in the end I feel like I didn't have enough free time for both.

le.phat said:
That's far from a compelling arguement, unless you're a huge fan tbh. And that screenshot in particular makes very strong case for the VEEDA..
Uhhh, is his argument "why he doesn't feel the need to trade in his 3DS"?

Because a game he wants to play is ... all the reason he needs. :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is a certified day 1 buy. So much more than 3DS at this time. The HW is killer and for the same price. 3DS will now have a companion in my house.

MrVargas said:
Yeah, it's like people have amnesia. The PSP was also a hot handheld with a big beautiful screen that could produce graphics a full generation ahead of it's Nintendo competitor, not to mention that at the time Sony had all of the momentum (as far as hype, media coverage, 3rd party support, etc.) and the DS still managed to be a bigger success. Not saying that history will repeat itself but lets not ignore it either.

Well, the DS was $100 cheaper, for one...

The funny thing is as excited as I am about the Vita there are no games that really push my buttons so far. At this point I'm still leaning towards a 3DS simply because of Mario 3D, Mario Kart and then getting Pilotwings.

The_Technomancer said:
Software software software. Thats what pushes consumers to buy systems, when they see a game they want and go "I will own this system to have that game"
Yeah and the software shown for Vita looks quite a bit better than what we've seen for NDS.

The Technomancer

JackFrost said:
Im keeping mine, but also getting Vita day1 (preorder been in over a month already).

Im not mad at anyone who is trading it in....So far I saw zero support for this thing (only Ubi and EA conferences ive seen, but EA didnt even give a shout out when running through all the different ways you can play FIFA).They really gnna have to bring a surf and turf to the table tomorrow for 3DS.
I think they will. They left the 3DS launch open for third parties as a gesture of goodwill, and the third parties really dropped the ball. I'm betting tomorrow is when we get the heavy hitters.

Hex

Banned
Mario done kicked up a hornet's nest here!
Hunker down!

(Not trading in my 3DS but you better be damned sure that I will be preordering a Vita day one)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Not trading in. NGP looks amazing for the price, but I (currently) prefer the announced games coming to 3DS.

Once that changes, we shall see. :)

dragonfart28 said:
There's no way I'm getting rid of my 3DS - way too much potential.

But hot damn.. $249.. I'll wait for the $50 price drop and I'll be getting a PSV as well. It will be the first Sony game system I own so I don't mind splooging on some of the retro stuff as well.

Pretty much this. $249 is just too good not to pass up.

Clunker

AzureJericho said:
As much as I know Wario64's intentions with this thread, I'm glad I'll be on GAF for the next set of handheld wars. I can't begin to imagine how much fun they where during DS/PSP so now I wonder where GAF's gonna take this set. :lol
If by "fun" you mean the kind of fun you get from stapling your dick to the wall, then yes, it will be loads of fun!

Tenck

mj1108 said:
You may not have heard of this but it's actually possible to own more than one handheld and console.

Oh you, silly goose. You're only allowed to follow one company. Now pick your poison, and move one >:)

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Raxus said:
This is why you never early adopt. Vita is going to have the same problems as well. I am certain the 3DS will get a redesign/price drop tomorrow.

Glad I never picked up the 3DS.
With PSP I expect redesigns every few years, but it seems that Nintendo does redesign their handhelds every year. I'd wait for 3DS Lite, and then a few years from now PSVita 2000.

The Technomancer

Heavy said:
Yeah and the software shown for Vita looks quite a bit better than what we've seen for NDS.
Eh, opinions, but I didn't really see a single game that I cared about on a level more then "oh, that would be cool, I guess". I guess Uncharted if you really really love Uncharted.
3DS doesn't have that yet either, but it will have Paper Mario and Super Mario, which will sell the system to me.

Izayoi

Banned
Yeah, fuck the 3DS. I'm selling that shit tonight. Can't believe people are waiting until tomorrow.

anyone who doesn't get both is missing out

My 3DS purchase was a mistake. It's sitting around collecting dust and...

Nintendo will almost certainly drop it's price down to $199 before christmas. They pretty much have to considering how poorly it's selling and how much more value the Vita is offering for $249.

jman2050

Stephen Colbert said:
My 3DS purchase was a mistake. It's sitting around collecting dust and...

Nintendo will almost certainly drop it's price down to $199 before christmas. They pretty much have to considering how poorly it's selling and how much more value the Vita is offering for $249.

games will decide everything, as always.

XiaNaphryz said:
No PSPs + DS pictochat jpg yet?

You're slipping GAF.

That jpg is outdated.

We're going to have to see the same jpg with the 3DS + 4 Vitas. Only this time, the gif will be right because Sony actually managed to address everyone of their mistakes with the original PSP, whereas Nintendo sacrified their biggest strengths (price, battery life, load times, cheap games etc).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Stephen Colbert said:
Nintendo will almost certainly drop it's price down to $199 before christmas. They pretty much have to considering how poorly it's selling
I haven't kept up with sales-age, but I thought the 3DS was on-par with the DS's first couple of months sales-wise? Though I agree sales have been under expectation, but that doesn't automatically mean poor.

Stephen Colbert said:
That jpg is outdated.

We're going to have to see the same jpg with the 3DS + 4 Vitas. Only this time, the gif will be right because Sony actually managed to address everyone of their mistakes with the original PSP, whereas Nintendo sacrified their biggest strengths (price, battery life, load times, cheap games etc).
We won't truly know until 2 years from now. It'll ultimately be the games that are the main driving factor.

AbsoluteZero said:
So did all the first year lineup get cancelled today?

No, most of it began to evaporate / disappoint ever since I bought the damn thing. The launch lineup was abysmal, there have been literally no new games for 3 months, the e-shop was absent at launch and when it turned up wasn't even fashionably late - just that icky sort of late where they try to sell more 2D than 3D content and are missing the promised Mega Man Legends 3 demo. Today was just the final nail in the coffin. Seeing that $249 price on the Vita has just activated my buyer's remorse to the extreme.

Not to mention that two days ago, the MGS3 HD collection was announced, which will obviously be on Vita too (otherwise Transfarring makes no sense). That makes MGS3D, one of the few major games that I was looking forward to, utterly redundant (and it was downgraded to boot). I'll play through Ocarina of Time since i've never played it before and then ship this bitch out to the retail 'Nam that is Gamestop.

Nintendo need repentance tomorrow if they want to avoid that gaming conscription.

Top Bottom