• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who's trading their 3DS's at Gamestop tomorrow?

Esperado

I think I'm going to try and sell my DS lite and PSP go. I'm not too worried about games like everyone else because I'm sure we'll get a smattering of downloadable titles and minis like on the PS3. Plus, I want Uncharted and LBP. I mean Uncharted, LBP, Wipeout, plus hopefully ports of stuff like PixelJunk Shooter and I'll have more than enough to play for a few months.

Lonely1 said:
Vita won't fit in your pocket, though.
The truth of the name change comes to light, You can't be a next gen portable without portability.....Or I could just carry it with my teeth like Electivirus said, the screen can take the abuse of many finger based antics so teeth are clearly no problem

Xilium

I already play my PSP far more than my DS and I've never cared for Nintendo first-party games. Until some interesting 3rd party games come out, the 3DS isn't at all interesting to me. The PSVita pretty much outperforms it in every aspect and despite the complaints often seen here, I like having console-like experiences on a handheld (I play my handhelds at home anyway. I honestly question how many people actually play their games on the go.). The Vita at $250 probably won't be a day one purchase but I'll definitely be picking one up well before I get a 3DS (if I get a 3DS).

Sianos

Yeah, I'll admit I had a kneejerk reaction when they showed that pricepoint.

Probably because I was honestly expecting 349/399 USD.

Sometimes it feels good to be wrong. <3

Kolgar

Nah. My current PSP still sees daily use and I'm more jazzed by glasses-free 3D than another portable that plays console games in my hands.

Maybe when Pita gets a price drop, I'll own and enjoy both.

AceBandage said:
I won;t be trading in my 3DS, but this is my thoughts.
The price for Vita is excellent. But there's only a single game (Uncharted) that is interesting, and by the time that's out, the 3DS will have a pretty good library.
Exactly how I feel. I'll be happy with both handhelds, each have their own advantages and drawbacks.

jman2050 said:
GAF is full of idiots, what did you expect?
Not just GAF, random consumers as well. I worked as a grunt at gamestop for about 3 years and the amount of systems that my coworkers traded in, as well as our customers, was unbelievable. It was made even worse by the fact that these idiots would fucking buy the systems again at a later date when the software was stronger.

People are stupid

jman2050

speedpop said:
Only fools trade in systems.

On the bright side, I got both of my original DS phats (first one was rendered dead in an unfortunate accident) used for greatly reduced prices, so thinking about it some more, bring on the idiots!

M-PG71C

You know what, fuck you, I'm trading in my original, lime-green, GameBoy Color with a copy of Wario Land 3 to GameStop. Nintendo hasn't support it in years, sons of bitches! I'm sure GameStop will get me a good deal for it.

daffy

Banned
ITS SO FUNNY seeing the same people that bought 3DS DAY ONE in here dissing the Vita's "lack" of titles..

Be consistent hey?

I was actually holding my 3DS when the price was announced, hoping for the system update to go live. Instead, when I saw the price, I snapped it in half and threw it out the window. Gamestop is too good for it, the only thing it deserves is a cold, lonely death outside my window.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FTH said:
ITS SO FUNNY seeing the same people that bought 3DS DAY ONE in here dissing the Vita's "lack" of titles..

Be consistent hey?
They prefer being lied to about having launch titles rather than being straight up about it. I'm sure sony could've said they have Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, and Killzone lined up for the 'launch window'.

I own a 3ds. I'm not trading that thing in until I play MML 3. I do think this makes Nintendo seem mad silly though. The price point of this thing makes Nintendo seem greedy or unaware of market values if the tech in the vita is actually what it is

Big One

Banned
FTH said:

Be consistent hey?
Wtf are you even talking about. When the 3DS was announced there was a shitload of titles announced for it both in the US and in Japan. Vita has quite a bit but not as much. We don't even know what launch games Vita will have and how well it'll stack up to the 3DS' launch, which is actually much better in content than past handheld launches to be honest.

Trading in anything, ever to a store, is beyond stupid.

Sell it on ebay like a real man, you'll get very close to what you originally paid for it. Sometimes, you even come out ahead if you list it internationally so people overseas can buy it.

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh Wario64, you card.

Will we see an official 3DS price drop, though? Because it bloody needs one. More likely, they'll drop it near Vita's launch date for maximum effect. What say y'all?

zoner said:
They prefer being lied to about having launch titles rather than being straight up about it. I'm sure sony could've said they have Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, and Killzone lined up for the 'launch window'.

I own a 3ds. I'm not trading that thing in until I play MML 3. I do think this makes Nintendo seem mad silly though. The price point of this thing makes Nintendo seem greedy or unaware of market values if the tech in the vita is actually what it is
If MML 3 is your tipping point, and will force you to trade it in (horrible idea), then I would say just do it now. Legends 3 is dead.

DevelopmentArrested said:
It's funny that it's called playstation Life because like the PSP, it's Dead on Arrival

I don't see this junior lasting long, especially considering his posts in other threads. That's a true GameFAQs post right there.

Top Bottom