• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who's trading their 3DS's at Gamestop tomorrow?

BoobPhysics101 said:
I don't see this junior lasting long, especially considering his posts in other threads. That's a true GameFAQs post right there.
He was perma-juniored a looong time ago, probably for a similar remark.

daffy

Banned
Big One said:
Wtf are you even talking about. When the 3DS was announced there was a shitload of titles announced for it both in the US and in Japan. Vita has quite a bit but not as much. We don't even know what launch games Vita will have and how well it'll stack up to the 3DS' launch, which is actually much better in content than past handheld launches to be honest.
Can you read? Then its pretty clear what I'm talking about. But giving you an actual response would be pointless because you wouldn't understand wtf I'm saying, dolt.
zoner said:
They prefer being lied to about having launch titles rather than being straight up about it. I'm sure sony could've said they have Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, and Killzone lined up for the 'launch window'.

I own a 3ds. I'm not trading that thing in until I play MML 3. I do think this makes Nintendo seem mad silly though. The price point of this thing makes Nintendo seem greedy or unaware of market values if the tech in the vita is actually what it is
Thanks for the respectful response. I have a 3DS too, day one as well, but I'm not complaining about of lack of titles the first day Sony shows it to the general public. We haven't even seen what everyone has on the show floor yet. Even if the lineup turns out to be barebones, I wouldn't complain after I've sat here with scarce titles and Pokemon DS for my 3DS for months.

Big One

Banned
FTH said:
Can you read? Then its pretty clear what I'm talking about. But giving you an actual response would be pointless because you wouldn't understand wtf I'm saying, dolt.
Yeah okay so instead of actually attempting to have a decent response to my post you insult me. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think the 3DS has a lack of games on the horizon in relation to the Vita's roster. Whether you like the games or not is subjective but the 3DS is getting some pretty major 3rd party support that isn't simply just ports

daffy

Banned
Big One said:
Yeah okay so instead of actually attempting to have a decent response to my post you insult me. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think the 3DS has a lack of games on the horizon in relation to the Vita's roster. Whether you like the games or not is subjective but the 3DS is getting some pretty major 3rd party support that isn't simply just ports
Have you seen Vita's official roster? Link it to me then.

lol 3DS support is lackluster and you know it, it may get better later this year but it is barebones as hell. You haven't even seen Vita's lineup, you saw a couple first party titles at a first party conference.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Mario Kart, Mario 3D, Kid Icarus, RE mercenaries, MGS3. All coming out this year. If you don't like those games, then fine. But don't say 3DS's line up is scarce compared to vita. It's not true.

Big One

Banned
FTH said:
Have you seen Vita's official roster? Link it to me then.
This is the current amount of third and first party support the Vita is getting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games
FTH said:
lol 3DS support is lackluster and you know it, it may get better later this year but it is barebones as hell. You haven't even seen Vita's lineup, you saw a couple first party titles at a first party conference.
This is the current amount of third and first party support the 3DS is getting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3DS_games

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Door2Dawn said:
Mario Kart, Mario 3D, Kid Icarus, RE mercenaries, MGS3. All coming out this year. If you don't like those games, then fine. But don't say 3DS's line up is scarce compared to vita. It's not true.
I bet either Mario Kart or Mario 3d doesn't make it out this year. Also the HD collection of MGS3 kind of ruins MGS3 on 3DS.

daffy

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
uhhh it is scarce now and it was scarce at launch. All of those games have yet to be released and were announced much closer to release than we are with Vita.

No way. I impulse bought the 3DS and really regret it right now because the only game that looks promising moving forward is OOT and i don't even know i want that.

But the games will show up.

Now after tomorrow if Nintendo for some reason forgets to show any compelling SW for this fall i'll start to get worried. But there's no way that's going to happen.

daffy

Banned
Big One said:
This is the current amount of third and first party support the Vita is getting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

This is the current amount of third and first party support the 3DS is getting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3DS_games
Thanks for the Wiki articles, I think I've added some of those games in there. You realize the 3DS and Vita weren't released simultaneously right? And that we've seen so little of Vita compared to 3DS?

I'm not talking about future lineups, Vita has devs signed on for the future as well. I'm talking about LAUNCH, and launch is and was barebones.

lucius

I don't have a 3DS to trade in, I played a demo of it in store and 3D is nice but couldn't see myself playing 3d games very often, I think it give me a headache.

I did trade in my PSP this weekend after Peacewalker is coming to HD. I had my PSP mostly for Peacewalker, BBS and VC2 was good too. But I got over $100 credit for it and my games, got to get out while u still can.

Big One

Banned
FTH said:
Thanks for the Wiki articles, I think I've added some of those games in there. You realize the 3DS and Vita weren't released simultaneously right? And that we've seen so little of Vita compared to 3DS?

I'm not talking about future lineups, Vita has devs signed on for the future as well. I'm talking about LAUNCH, and launch is and was barebones.
We don't know what kind of launch games we're getting with Vita so your point is completely moot

blackflag

Considering I haven't played mine in 2 months, I might trade it in tomorrow. Depends on the nintendo conference I guess.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
actually, the Vita news is great for me since it might drive Nintendo to lower the price of the 3DS

which means that I'll be getting a 3DS soon fuck yeah

Fantastical said:
Nintendo 3DS blowout tomorrow will change a lot of people's mind.

I'm hardly in the 3DS AM DOOMED camp, but I certainly hope so. The software announcements in the pre-E3 period have been pretty underwhelming.

grap3fruitman said:
To make something plural you add "s," not an apostrophe followed by "s." In this case you was add "es."

Edit: Actually, in this case the 3DS should be singular. How many people have multiple 3DS units to trade in?
With single letters and acronyms/initialisms with mixed case, the plural form is formed by adding 's. BAM!

To this thread:

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

daffy

Banned
Big One said:
We don't know what kind of launch games we're getting with Vita so your point is completely moot
Exactly, so why are we complaining about lack of titles when we don't even have a lineup? We don't know anything yet.

Big One

Banned
FTH said:
Exactly, so why are we complaining about lack of titles when we don't even have a lineup? We don't know anything yet.
Because the first reveal of the 3DS had far more title announcements than the E3 announcement of the Vita? Why is this so hard to understand?

daffy

Banned
Big One said:
Because the first reveal of the 3DS had far more title announcements than the E3 announcement of the Vita? Why is this so hard to understand?
And how many of those games have released? They're promises bro

Dead Man

Big One said:
Point taken, but you can't play announcements.

The Thread title should've been "Hey GAF! how many more days/weeks until one of my infamous "Bomba" threads titled "3DS Bomba at Gamestop!"?" AHAUHUAHAHUHAUAHUAHUHAUHAUHUAHU

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
C'mon guys, just wait for the new Mario, new Pokemon, new Zelda, and whatever jrpgs come out. The 3DS is here to stay. 3DS was overpriced to begin with and it's time it sells for $200.

I still waiting for the 3DS lite though. 2012 or bust.

Big One

Banned
FTH said:
And how many of those games have released? They're promises bro
If the 3DS announcements were promises so should that mean the Vita's announcements should be accounted as promises too? What kind of logic is this exactly?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Yes, what better way to thank adopters by slashing the price within a few months!

I've got this weird feeling we are going to see a DS Micro. I'm not sure why, but i just have a weird tingle.

daffy

Banned
Big One said:
If the 3DS announcements were promises so should that mean the Vita's announcements should be accounted as promises too? What kind of logic is this exactly?
No, we didn't complain when Nintendo announced games that we wouldn't see for years, leading to a scarce launch. So why are we complaining when Sony announces a few first party titles that will probably be at launch, and holding the rest until they are ready?

I'm just saying its like we wanted them to announce a bunch of promises like Nintendo, instead of the reasonable few we got.

jeremy1456

Logically we should consider 'promises' as games with no screenshots, no videos, no release date, nothing.

These are the games that have been announced with none of that.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
A price drop is all they need. 50 bucks.

No, I will not be selling my 3DS. Much like the DS, the games will come.

Eventually.

But that doesn't mean I'm not stoked as shit for that other handheld.

daffy

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
Logically we should consider 'promises' as games with no screenshots, no videos, no release date, nothing.

These are the games that have been announced with none of that.
Well I consider Versus XIII to be a promise and its had a few trailers. So I guess logic doesn't apply to me. :p

idgaf

Fou-Lu

I always buy Nintendo consoles day one, why? Because I know they'll get Nintendo software. With any other console/handheld I'm not sure what I'm going to get, with Nintendo I know what I'm getting into. And I love it.

I don't play my 3DS much, but at least I have one, as soon as Mario Kart comes out the damn things will be sold out across NA.

I'll probably get a Vita if the JRPG support transfers over from PSP, if it doesn't, meh.

Door2Dawn said:

Exactly. Those two first games and Pokemon are one of the main reasons people buy Nintendo consoles to begin with.

Top Bottom