• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
" Team Ico " = team under Ueda

All of Team Ico is just another team within Sony Japan, or Japan Studios. The people who helped put together shadow of the colossus has worked on a number of other projects within Japan Studios since shadow of the colossus.

I doubt you walk into Japn Studio and they have a floor with a door leading into it with a Team Ico banner lol.

Its just whatever team is currently under Ueda at the time. Which has probably changed a dozen times since the game was announced.

I would even argue that it's the majority of the people that made ICO. I don't wanna pin it all on Ueda, he's not the sole reason those games are what they are.

As far as I'm concerned, TLG is much more likely to show up than GT7.

If either of these make an appearance in a proper trailer that is more than just a 5-second teaser, I'll lose my shit.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, GT7 wouldn't be a massive deal for me as the last one was a pointless release. Having said that, it would be a shock.

From the E3 Discussion Thread.

batphilvsuperkazo1sdt.gif
LMAO

Dat ending got me good.

It's not worth getting worked up on what the game could've been.

Whatever TLG is right now, it's not the same game it was back in 2009, and there's no use pining over the old 'what could've been', because that game, just like Versus XIII, probably no longer exist if you want to be 'particular' about 'how the game was developed' compared to the ideal world of their older games.

Notable names have come & gone. Development structures have changed. (Ico & SotC was developed under the free-style do-whatever-the-fuck-we-want Japan Studio)

The difference is whether or not you believe it's for the better, for the worse, or 50:50.

I'm excited for TLG because it's a new game from Japan Studio. There's all there is to it.

Why though? You don't even know what type of game it is. I don't think it even knew what type of game it was meant to be.

It's not on this site. It's on Eurogamer, part of a group called Team ICO Gamers. I have been posting there since 2007 on the subject of what comes next from Team ICO. I assure you, I am at least as qualified as you to comment on The Last Guardian.

A lot more than two people have left, and a lot more people have had their hands on TLG than ICO and Shadow combined.

As I said to the guy above, what game are you even excited for? The odds are stacked against this title. It's clear Ueda would have left if it weren't for contractual obligations, otherwise he'd still be an employee.

lol I don't care where you come from or how long you have been into these games. Tell me, from the little gameplay we have seen, what is so derivative? Also do you have links of other members leaving?

SDCowboy

It's not worth getting worked up on what the game could've been.

Whatever TLG is right now, it's not the same game it was back in 2009, and there's no use pining over the old 'what could've been', because that game, just like Versus XIII, probably no longer exist if you want to be 'particular' about 'how the game was developed' compared to the ideal world of their older games.

Notable names have come & gone. Development structures have changed. (Ico & SotC was developed under the free-style do-whatever-the-fuck-we-want Japan Studio)

I'm excited for TLG because it's a new game from Japan Studio. There's all there is to it.

With all due respect, how do you know what TLG was in 09 and what it will be now? I mean, obviously the graphics will have improved (I assume), but beyond that, do we really know anything on what the game was compared to what it will be now?

Verendus

Banned
From the E3 Discussion Thread.

batphilvsuperkazo1sdt.gif
I picked a good time to come here. I was going to make a joke about how Sony set the date of their demise, but this gif basically confirms it. Sony E3 is going to be shit. SuperKaz. Jebus Rice.

Talk about ending up with the short straw, or the short end of the stick, or whatever else we can fit in here.

Salaadin

Why though? You don't even know what type of game it is. I don't think it even knew what type of game it was meant to be.

I like Ico. I like SOTC. Im an excitable person. Do I need any more reasons?
I dont really get why youre questioning this. There isnt really anything wrong with boarding a hype train once in a while. If it ends in disappointment, so be it. Its a videogame. I hug my catbirdratgriffon pillow and cry myself to sleep and move on the next day :p

Also want to say that I fully understand that this game has been in some weird development hell. I know we havent see it for.....fuck, I dont even know how long. But I am still get excited for it because thats just who I am.

With all due respect, how do you know what TLG was in 09 and what it will be now? I mean, obviously the graphics will have improved (I assume), but beyond that, do we really know anything on what the game was compared to what it will be now?

"If you want to be particular about how the game was developed."

I'm not talking about the end-product, but rather the environment of which the product was developed. Japan Studio has changed since 2009. Their current structure means that the days of 'only the handpicked devs ever worked on Ico/SotC' and no one else in the studio does is gone.

I picked a good time to come here. I was going to make a joke about how Sony set the date of their demise, but this gif basically confirms it. Sony E3 is going to be shit. SuperKaz. Jebus Rice.

Talk about ending up with the short straw, or the short end of the stick, or whatever else we can fit in here.

But...I thought Superman would return. :( you promised.

When is the next avatar bet?

Guerilla is a definite
Media Molecule I think they will wait until Tearaway releases
Bend had a few scrapped projects after Uncharted so it's too soon

MM will definitely be waiting for Paris Games Week to show their game, E3 isn't the right place to showcase them, if you ask me.

For my money, E3 is going to be one big first party (for release this year, or very early 2016), Uncharted Collection (release for this year), GT7 news (not out till next summer at the earliest though) with a very strong focus on Japanese and indie.

SDCowboy

"If you want to be particular about how the game was developed."

I'm not talking about the end-product, but rather the environment of which the product was developed. Japan Studio has changed since 2009. Their current structure means that the days of 'only the handpicked devs ever worked on Ico/SotC' and no one else in the studio does is gone.

Ah, ok. I gotcha. Fair enough.

KAL2006

Banned
TLG fans need to let go. If it comes out then it's a bonus. For now just assume it's dead. Personally I wasn't that excited for it with the original trailer. I lived the tone and music of the trailer. However I preferred the concept of Shadow of Collosus with fighting huge enemies that were like puzzles. I did not enjoy Ico and I doubt I would enjoy this game if it's just a puzzle game going through obstacles width that creature.

Philippo

They can reveal (or re-introduce,heh) to me whichever title they want, but please Sony, no 1 minute CGI reveal please.
Show me some gameplay, even a minute will do, otherwise i can't get excited at all, especially this year that they have no GC presser and would have to wait 'till PGW...

RexNovis

Banned
It's really bizarre seeing people just completely ignore actual development insight others (myself included) have put forward in this thread in favor of what amounts to "feels." Please consider what others are telling you and adjust your expectations accordingly.

Doesn't matter if it's a great thing or not.

That thing that existed in 2009 went into development hell.

But why it went into development hell is important. Did it go there because the game design was busted or did it go there because it was technically far too ambitious for the PS3? From what Sony has said and what we actually saw, it seems to be there because of the PS3 and not because of game design flaws. Although they haven't flatout said that about the PS3, they have said that that the current team was smaller because the focus is simply on re-engineering the game.

One thing I remember is Ueda once being asked if he'd do SotC all over again from a technical standpoint, and he said yeah because he didn't want to compromise on anything they created. I don't think a game with SotC's framerate would've went over too well last gen or obviously this gen no matter how amazing it was. So being able to fix that with a platform shift would be the smartest thing to do.

Seraphiel

Banned
They can reveal (or re-introduce,heh) to me whichever title they want, but please Sony, no 1 minute CGI reveal please.
Show me some gameplay, even a minute will do, otherwise i can't get excited at all, especially this year that they have no GC presser and would have to wait 'till PGW...

Sony have done fewer CG intros than most this gen, even the back end of this gen.

Have seen MS roll out more CG trailers this gen than anyone.

Philippo

Sony have done fewer CG intros than most this gen, even the back end of this gen.

Have seen MS roll out more CG trailers this gen than anyone.

Idk, The Order, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne and Ratchet&Clank all had gameplay-less reveals (hell we still haven't seen anything from R&C), i hope it won't be the same for GG's project and whatnot, it would kill my hype :/
Kinda expecting it for L5 title though.

Boke1879

I have to agree with this and not just for Sony but for everyone. After that shit EA pulled last year showing WIP footage it's time to start showing gameplay. Thankfully I think we'll see plenty of it.

Only titles I see getting CG trailers are titles being released in the 2nd half of 2016

salromano

Is there actually any reason to still be optimistic about TLG? Didn't the director and other key members leave the studio?

Fumito Ueda left Sony, but he's still serving as director on the project.

Other than him, the game's executive producer (or former, I guess) Yoshifusa Hayama, left Sony in 2011.

You know what I'm incredibly excited to see more of?

WiLD

[im]https://cdn3.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/features/3539202/WiLD_III_thumb.jpg[/img]
[ig]http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/WILD_Deity_1407930429.jpg[/img]
[ig]http://www.lightninggamingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PS4-Exclusive-WiLD-Screenshots-and-trailer-unleashed-3-1024x576.jpg[/img]

Ancel's next masterpiece in the making

That may be more likely to appear at the Paris Games Week conference. Same goes for Quantic Dreams new game.

Kaswa101

He can return all he wants. Still a jabroni like Sony.

I don't have time to do a bet unfortunately. Maybe next year or something. I'm sure I delivered some mental damage there that's going to take a while to heal. The after effects of wearing the embarrassment that is Knack.

Edit:

lol

Amazing.

Thank Knack.

lol I don't care where you come from or how long you have been into these games. Tell me, from the little gameplay we have seen, what is so derivative? Also do you have links of other members leaving?

You do care, because you asked for the receipts...

I like Ico. I like SOTC. Im an excitable person. Do I need any more reasons?
I dont really get why youre questioning this. There isnt really anything wrong with boarding a hype train once in a while. If it ends in disappointment, so be it. Its a videogame. I hug my catbirdratgriffon pillow and cry myself to sleep and move on the next day :p

Also want to say that I fully understand that this game has been in some weird development hell. I know we havent see it for.....fuck, I dont even know how long. But I am still get excited for it because thats just who I am.

That's cool.

And for the showmanship of it, I'd be excited to see it unveiled again, in some theatrical fashion. But the reality of the game is something very different to me. Something I care about, something that is important isn't a corporate production. Which is what it's become.

You know what I'm incredibly excited to see more of?

WiLD

Ancel's next masterpiece in the making

Easily one of the most exciting games last year, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom