• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony FY2015 Q1 (PS4: 3.0m shipped) PS4 total = 25.3m shipped worldwide

No lipstick. Heck, they even destroyed the lipstick for Vita by completely not even bothering to report their sales.

Ok then. ^^
But with the PS4 it doesnt matter anyway.. shipped should almost be equal to sold to consumer... unlike the early PS3 times where they were always proud of their "shipped" numbers. :D

Shiggy

You mean combining PS2 and PS3 sales? Nope, this is only PS4. Microsoft started combining 360 and One, though.

They were using shipped to distribution centers up till 2007 or 2008 instead of sold to retailers. Not sure why Interceptor is bringing this up now as that hasn't been the case for almost a decade now.

While great numbers all around for Sony (gaming and as a whole) it's sad that they are giving us less and less data to work with. Really, not even combined handheld numbers?

Alo0oy

Banned
While great numbers all around for Sony (gaming and as a whole) it's sad that they are giving us less and less data to work with. Really, not even combined handheld numbers?

Investors don't care about the Vita or PS3, at this point Sony is using them to keep the Playstation brand relevant in Japan until FFXV, KH3 & DQXI release on the PS4.

Ok then. ^^
But with the PS4 it doesnt matter anyway.. shipped should almost be equal to sold to consumer... unlike the early PS3 times where they were always proud of their "shipped" numbers. :D
Why must you do this in every non Nintendo thread?

Also, that bingo sheet is hilarious, I already have seen a row by now. PS4 is insane.

gtj1092

So who made that bet with CosmicQueso? He is predicting an epic collapse in Ps4 sales. Less than 30 million by the end of the year. Sony meanwhile is expecting even more sales than before. Even if they miss their forecast by 4 million they will cruise past 30 million by the end of the year.

Have a feeling they will revise up one more time after the next quarter to 17.5 million.

On Demand

Banned
tumblr_ne6n26zKI51rlaf6xo1_500.gif

impact

Banned
So we have One+360 at 1.1m and PS4 at 3m for the quarter.

Jesus at that dominance!

lol my god I don't think anyone expected Sony to rekt this much

better luck next gen MS. Hopefully they go back to their roots and make the most powerful console next gen instead of this underpowered multimedia turd they shat out.

I am expect similar state as with PS3, it will go to ~$200 and stay there. It may go under $200 if they ditch the disc loader and go with a single 256GB flash storage stack.

Eh, the lack of any super expensive, highly custom tech inside the PS4 means its price is going to be able to get really damn low.

Why do I have to imagine a window in front of her? GAF, do my imagination's work for me.

basing the na markets arent doing the greatest and lol at japans markets, it must be killing it in europe. what are the numbers like there?

Do people with Splatoon or Splatoon references in their avatars have a natural aversion to seeing the PS4 do well or something?

I think the Star Wars Battlefront bundle will clean house globally.

Should be this years "Destiny like" effect for PS4 sales and help them
reach 30m by end of the year.

So who made that bet with CosmicQueso? He is predicting an epic collapse in Ps4 sales. Less than 30 million by the end of the year. Sony meanwhile is expecting even more sales than before. Even if they miss their forecast by 4 million they will cruise past 30 million by the end of the year.

Have a feeling they will revise up one more time after the next quarter to 17.5 million.

Didn't they ship like 6 million just October to December last year, they're easily going to do it.

Also on the bingo we should have an Ars Technica article being linked downplaying the lead.

Stillmatic

Seems like everyone is reading too much into this. A strong year is nice, but it doesn't necessarily imply long-term success.

Mahonay

Banned
So... HW shipments from last quarter:

PS4 - 3M
Xbone + X360 - 1.4M
3DS - 0.8M
WiiU - 0.5M
Whoa. That really puts this past quarter into perspective. Thought XB1 would keep it closer with the price difference and promotional offers.

I'll say on a personal level living here in NYC, nearly everyone I meet who owns a new console chose to go with PS4. I can't think of a time where I've seen an XB1 or Wii U in a home here, outside of my friends more involved in gaming who usually own more than one current console. The general zeitgeist around the PS4 has been noticeably picking up. I did not think we'd see any console hit that kind of popularity again this gen. Glad to see that's not the case.

I have a PS4 myself. I'd like to get a Wii U when my budget allows it. Couch games have been popular at my apartment so it's definitely become a very appealing console.

XB1 would be something I might get down the road when the price really drops for any exclusives I missed out on.

DieH@rd

Banned
Eh, the lack of any super expensive, highly custom tech inside the PS4 means its price is going to be able to get really damn low.

Not having custom stuff does not mean that those parts are now cheaper. I agree that PS4 is a easier to manufacture than PS3. CPU and GPU are inside one chip, memory is all of one [popular] type. The rest is very similar to PS3, so I don't expect easy arrival at $150 pricepoint.

Mahonay

Banned
Seems like everyone is reading too much into this. A strong year is nice, but it doesn't necessarily imply long-term success.
PS4 has been consistently strong since it's launch in 2013, with out any let up, so I'm not sure how this comment makes any kind of sense in this context.

KooopaKid

Banned
Do people with Splatoon or Splatoon references in their avatars have a natural aversion to seeing the PS4 do well or something?

My only "agenda" is to prove console generations will be more and more frontloaded as the one before it but that the total number of console sales at the end of the gen will not have increased.

]They were using shipped to distribution centers up till 2007 or 2008 instead of sold to retailers.[/B] Not sure why Interceptor is bringing this up now as that hasn't been the case for almost a decade now.

Really? Doesn't shipment always mean sold to retailers? Any proof?

Anyway, even it is true at that time, it doesn't connect the shipments Sony reports right now. Not sure why someone wanted to bring that subject to this thread. To downplay and troll?

Even I am a Xbox fan, the only world i can say to PS4 is "amazing"!!

Top Bottom