• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Reveals Categories/Focus for First Party Studios

Ghost of Tsushima has exactly what you say (co-op mode) and yet Sucker Punch is in the "single player" category.

I guess Bend is truly on a MP focused title unfortunately.
I'm not sure if Sony considers Legends as a GAAS, as it wasn't monetized at all. And Legends mode is not guaranteed for GOT2, especially not at launch.

Regardless, we know Bends next game is open world. I would be surprised if it didn't have a single player narrative with gaas elements mixed in. If it was solely a gaas game then Bend would be listed in the gaas category. So, we know it must have some kind of single player

GymWolf

Bend are in the multi-genre category, which means it is probably a single player game with MP elements. It's most likely a co-op mode. Somebody else in this forum posted about how Days Gone was supposed to have an additional MP mode but it was canned. Much more hyped knowing it is most likely not a typical gaas game
I usually don't go crazy for single play games with coop mechanics.

For me single player is one player only, end of the story.

GymWolf

Ghost of Tsushima has exactly what you say (co-op mode) and yet Sucker Punch is in the "single player" category.

I guess Bend is truly on a MP focused title unfortunately.
Nah, The online mode is separated from the single player campaign, you can't play the campaign in coop.

And the whole thing was an afterthought, the game released with only a single player mode.

I still consider stuff like gta or rdr as single player games because the online part is separated and a thing on its own.

Last edited:

iHaunter

So guerrilla and bend are both working on GAAS titles?

House Party Dancing GIF by Amazon Prime Video
Bro can't even read a graphic. This generation is doomed.

Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

King Dazzar

Guerrilas focus is no longer single-player? Are they serious with this? Yikes
We're yet to really know long term. But they're in the mixed grouping. I very much doubt they abandon single player completely. And as has already been pointed out, they've got multiple projects on the go.

We're yet to really know long term. But they're in the mixed grouping. I very much doubt they abandon single player completely. And as has already been pointed out, they've got multiple projects on the go.
I would hope not. That's how they became so popular in the last 8 years, after all. With the Horizon games.

SteadyEvo

Soooooooo kiss any decent ip from gg and bend after horizon 3
Horizon ain’t all that imo. Same with Ghost of Tsushima. Ubisoft games with improved combat and graphics. Same open world bloat.

If GG makes Kill zone shooter I’m there day one. Best MP shooter I’ve ever played. Breaks my heart the servers are offline.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Live Service leads in revenue, playtime, social media prevalence, popularity etc...but single player games are more the "system sellers"?

Press F to doubt my friend. Press F to doubt.

There's a reason they sold PS5s with Spiderman 2.

yurinka

I don't usually like saying this, but you have no idea what you're talking about. The only evidence we have for what they're doing comes from the interview Gene Park did With Hermen and Marco when the acquisition was announced. Having said that, this back and forth isn't going to get us anywhere. So let's just leave it there.
Nah, you're the one who has no idea what you're talking about. And are acting as a gaming flatearther rejecting the evidences put in your face:
  • Did anyone from Sony or Bluepoint ever said that BP is leading a new game? No, they said were going to work on new content after Demon's Souls but didn't say that were going to lead their own new game.
  • Did they work as a GoWR or not? Yes, their full dev team appears in the game credits and many workers detail on Linkedin they were there almost from shipping Demon's Souls to shipping GoWR.
  • Do they have a full game design team capable to lead a AAA game? No, they have only a single game designer, a single combat designer and a couple level designers which is ok for remakes or support team but not to lead a big game
  • Are they included in this graph as "partner studio" or as "single-player, narrative focus"? Partner studio

UbrqKO5.jpeg

Last edited:

R3EUIL

Will they almost all be the same poorly written third person "cinematic" narrative-focused titles with slow walking segments, rpg-lite systems, lack depth, and be boring as shite?

Oh, but now half of them will be blatantly unfinished with promises of "updates" to finish the game.
You must have thought you were very clever writing this, but in reality, you sound more like an NPC who heard these things from someone and replied

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You must have thought you were very clever writing this, but in reality, you sound more like an NPC who heard these things from someone and replied
Tell me, which Sony Warrior are you that got banned and made a new account?

Three

Guerrilla was already evolving /multigenre. They made Killzone which was a single player and multiplayer FPS and a single player open world third person dino game. Bend I know less about but I'm sure there was already a rumour they were working on a multiplayer game that's possibly days gone related.

Top Bottom