• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Any info on the webbing/swinging mechanics?
Ever since Spider Man 2 I always attempted swinging through traffic in games, especially the part when he swings through a small gap in a truck in the film, I wanna be able to do that!

Oh, that's a little disappointing. Guess that makes a 2017 release less likely then. Well, as long as the game turns out to be the best it can be, I'm all for waiting.

Any chance you can remember when or where this was said? Not that I don't trust you, haha. Now I'm just curious how exactly this parkour system would work. I'd like something like holding down a single button and then moving around, I suppose. Off the top of my head, anyway.
Feel like J said it way early on in the thread ill look later
It could be something simple like the free run in Assassins creed and watch dogs

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh man sounds like they already have a release date in sight.

Marvel.com: And you’re going to give them all the answers!
Bill Rosemann: In due time, my friend! One day, when the time is right, we will go into great depth about why certain decisions were made. But one thing I can say now is that extensive thought was applied from the top of his mask to the bottom of his feet. We know how much people love Spider-Man and his costume. In my opinion, it’s the best-designed super hero costume of all-time. If you’re going to alter it, you have to understand what the original design achieved and be very thoughtful and have a reason for everything. Another thing I want to say is that Insomniac and Marvel are known as great storytellers, and there is story behind everything in the game, and as the months go on, we will dig into all of that.

Marvel.com: And I know we’re speaking with a lot of broad strokes and vague details, but we’ll be revealing more in the months to come.
Bill Rosemann:That’s right, we will eventually announce the release date, and talk about why it’s coming out, when it’s coming out, and we’ll talk about its title. We’ll get into a lot of behind-the-scenes details, and we’ll bring it to you here at Your Man at Marvel Games.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26336/your_man_at_marvel_games_13?linkId=25885803

bunkitz

Damn. I guess this makes 2017 more likely then? Really hope it comes out next year!

About the costume, though... it really sounds like there's some story behind it? They keep saying how they'll eventually explain why it looks that way. If it was simply because they designed it that way, I don't think they'd keep it a secret.

Sn4ke_911

OléGunner;208298163 said:
Me 5.
It's grown on me a lot.

Me 6.

One of the best Spidey suits ever.

Some fan art.

ClJtgeAVYAAcowz.jpg

ClmZlIAUgAEGGBJ.jpg

ClmJRQwWAAABA1Y.jpg

CliVIDIVEAAndTR.jpg

How can anyone hate on this? it's amazing.

The game has been in development for minimum at least almost 2 years, I would imagine they have a release window planned already.

uOBfQ2F.jpg

By next fall the game would be in development for 3+ years, which I would imagine isn't a far stretch to assume is a fairly decent time for a game like this, given that they have a mature tech to start off with (no new engine mumbo jumbo) and a decent foundation with SSO (traversal + open-world) to prototype and not spend too long in pre-production, compared to games like Horizon where GG had no foundation to start with from the get-go.

I could see it slip to early 2018, but I think it's a... reasonably realistic assumption that the game is aiming for late 2017.

It'd be the perfect game to make a custom console bundle for in the holidays. If Homecoming is a hit, Spidey hype would be strong post-release that a high-quality holiday Spidey game would really appeal to audiences of all-ages.

DKHF

The suit has grown on me a bit but I'm still not very fond of it.
Well since they are continuing to reinforce that there will be updates in the coming months hopefully that means Marvel will release news in blog posts on Marvel.com and PS Blog outside of games conferences/special events. Though I could also see the next update coming at (depending on which one Sony has a conference at) Paris Games Week or Gamescom.
The game has been in development for minimum at least almost 2 years, I would imagine they have a release window planned already.

uOBfQ2F.jpg

By next fall the game would be in development for 3+ years, which I would imagine isn't a far stretch to assume is a fairly decent time for a game like this, given that they have a mature tech to start off with (no new engine mumbo jumbo) and a decent foundation with SSO (traversal + open-world) to prototype and not spend too long in pre-production, compared to games like Horizon where GG had no foundation to start with from the get-go.

I could see it slip to early 2018, but I think it's a... reasonably realistic assumption that the game is aiming for late 2017.

It'd be the perfect game to make a custom console bundle for in the holidays. If Homecoming is a hit, Spidey hype would be strong post-release that a high-quality holiday Spidey game would really appeal to audiences of all-ages.
Yeah that has been my guess for when it will come out, hopefully they can get it out in late 2017. That would be an insane holiday sales period for Sony with CoD, Battlefront 2 and Spidey (with Destiny 2 most likely coming out a couple of months beforehand as well).

bunkitz

I don't like the suit, but the more I see it, the more I can tolerate it. This game was the announcement I was looking forward to the most, and I love Spider-Man to death and beyond, but when I saw the suit, my hype just died instantly. Throughout the whole trailer, I was not hyped because of it. I just had this unhappy/disappointed face and my mouth was open the whole time. It was that bad for me. Of course, after that, I looked past it and properly got excited for the game. It's currently my second-most anticipated game, just behind God of War.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad design, but I simply dislike it and it's not for me. To be clear, though, my only problems with it are the white parts. The suit already had a lot going on, especially this version, but then adding that large, white emblem on top just... isn't a good look for me. And the white portions on Spidey's hands too.
Well since they are continuing to reinforce that there will be updates in the coming months hopefully that means Marvel will release news in blog posts on Marvel.com and PS Blog outside of games conferences/special events. Though I could also see the next update coming at (depending on which one Sony has a conference at) Paris Games Week or Gamescom.

I'd be surprised if we didn't hear anything during SDCC. Although, I only recently realized how soon SDCC is.

Skux

How are people disappointed in the suit. It's basically the iconic Spider-Man look with slight variations. It's not as if it's some kind of crazy reinvention.

Sn4ke_911

How are people disappointed in the suit. It's basically the iconic Spider-Man look with slight variations. It's not as if it's some kind of crazy reinvention.

From what i've seen people hate the white spider on his chest, it's too big, it's white, black would be better etc.

Slaythe

I have one major concern for this game.

What about animations of faces ?

Motion capture or cartoony stuff like SO ? they can't push the cartoony aspect as much as a Ratchet and Clank.

What about Peter ? Are they using Yuri's face to motion cap it ?

I'm afraid that in a world post with so many AAA having great facial animations, this might fall short.

Elandyll

Banned
My take on the release window is fall/ holiday 2017.

1) Spiderman is a huge franchise, able to hold its own in a Holiday lineup
2) The movie will likely release on video between October and December for Cross marketing purposes
3) Less than 2 years according to jstevenson -> Before Mid (Q2) 2018, and such a big franchise releasing early (Q1) 2018 would make much less sense than Holiday 2017 for reasons above

My 2cps :)

Motion capture or cartoony stuff like SO ? they can't push the cartoony aspect as much as a Ratchet and Clank.

I'm afraid that in a world post with so many AAA having great facial animations, this might fall short.

Based on the NPC's walking around, it seems they are going for realistic.

Ashhong

Why would you assume in a world with so many AAA games having facial animations, that this AAA game (coproduced by possibly the biggest entertainment company in the world, Disney) would fall short?

I think we're in good hands with Insomniac. Plus Spidey wears the mask all day, so don't really need to animate his face ^_^

Neoxon

If MvC4 does end up happening, I'd be more than down for Insomniac Spider-Man to be an alternate costume for Peter.

Mariolee

No way this doesn't release in 2017 to capitalize on the Spidey hype from the movie, regardless of whether it's directly connected or not. I would say Fall 2017 in time for Spider-Man Homecoming's Home Video Release.

Neoxon

No way this doesn't release in 2017 to capitalize on the Spidey hype from the movie, regardless of whether it's directly connected or not. I would say Fall 2017 in time for Spider-Man Homecoming's Home Video Release.
They could pull an Injustice 1 Target Deal & include a digital copy of Spider-Man: Homecoming if it comes out during the 2017 holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom