• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay

spuckthew

I wish we could get new Jedi Knight game at these production values.
:(

This I would buy. I played JO and JA endlessly (online). While I realise they had massive overlap with the player base due to some variations in lightsaber mechanics, the fundamentals were the same and they were both brilliant multiplayer games. The best Star Wars games for lightsaber combat - actually required skill.

as expected doesnt look anywhere near as good as the obviously fake footage they showed previously. half the assets are ripped straight from bf4. looks like they are still using the same awful post aa and AO from bf3. shameful really.

who gives a fuck? it looks fun as hell, and it does look great.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT

latest

Siphorus

For a DICE game it looks ok, the fact that it runs at 60fps though is impressive. Can't wait to see this on PC. I need to see it at Ultra. Need it.

Going by past releases, it's probably running at 1600x900 in that build.

Also the sound design is freaking amazing, that grenade sound is awesome.

I'm sorry, but I will not buy into the hype, after BF4 and Hardline cash in/MOD. This is wait and see.

PLEASE DO NOT PRE ORDER!!! Do not feed mediocre games.

Oh no you didn't, telling me how to spend my money shame on you. You know just because of you I'll buy the Deluxe Edition! Ha! That'll teach ya.
Gamefly for me

Skyzard

Banned
LMFAO at the graphics.

but that marketing, erm, technique, photogemmamammary.......

hahahhaha

---It has jetpacks, things to fly and star wars sounds so I'll probably get this but for fucks sake.

Lol at some of these replies... this is the core BF team working on a Battlefront game running on Frostbite - of course its going to be Star Wars: Battlefield.

I can't imagine who wouldn't want that.

Q6Ce3Ky.gif

RSB

Banned
No ADS? In 2015? In a AAA shooter? But... 343 told me such a thing wasn't possible.

Is this real life?

I love it, and the game looks great. Will buy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What a fucking joke...

qcs3uvC.gif

Luke didn't have the green Saber until Jedi...

This isn't a canon timeline narrative. It is the Star Wars Universe Battelfront game.

They are going to use Luke in his Jedi Knight bad ass form, not daddy's saber padawan form where he lost his hand and getting all emotional.

jelly

It looks good but sometimes there just isn't a lot going on in the area and beyond, absolutely nothing. The ships move weird. Impressive to have put the films into a game so well but it doesn't knock it out the park for me.

Mister D

This is so fucking bought on PS4. If I get a Steam controller and it works as good as I hope, I'll probably double dip and fart around with the M&KBers on PC as well. I feel sorry for all you folks who can't get down with the sickness but as someone who never played the previous Battlefront games but put an ungodly amount of time into the Battlefield games since BF 1943, I'm down for this so hard. I passed on Hardline since it looked shit but between this and Fallout 4 my fiance is gonna hate me come the end of this year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This isn't a canon timeline narrative. It is the Star Wars Universe Battelfront game.

They are going to use Luke in his Jedi Knight form, not daddy's saber padawan form.

I'd kill for the cloaked ROTJ Luke, it's his best look (even though it only gets about 5 mins of screen time)

Noobcraft

They are going to use Luke in his Jedi Knight bad ass form, not daddy's saber padawan form where he lost his hand and getting all emotional.
Luke had the proper costume on for Hoth in Battlefront 2. No excuses lol. Maybe they'll correct it.

Woorloog

Banned
No helmet Vader. Haha. By the looks of it there's no prequel content in the base game so I'd be surprised to see an Anakin skin. Maybe when they release some prequel DLC he'll be an option.

I'll be a heretic and suggest:
-Damaged Vader from TFU
-White Vader from the SW Infinities comics
-Pink Vader, just because.

EDIT To make it clear, i don't like any of these suggestions i made. I really hope none of them happen...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'd kill for the cloaked ROTJ Luke, it's his best look (even though it only gets about 5 mins of screen time)

He was flirting with the dark side in the film since his training was not complete with the Light. He was just so powerful however, that he was able to resist the Emp's charm, and avoid detection by him.

This Luke, is the definitive Luke.

Luke had the proper costume on for Hoth in Battlefront 2. No excuses lol. Maybe they'll correct it.

Maybe there is multiple?

In DLC form that is.

as expected doesnt look anywhere near as good as the obviously fake footage they showed previously. half the assets are ripped straight from bf4. looks like they are still using the same awful post aa and AO from bf3. shameful really.

LOL
Didnt know that you got to see Endor gameplay... this is HOTH withouy any trees etc..

Late Flag

Honestly, I'm fine with BF4 re-skinned to Star Wars. Works for me.

I want to say Day One, but then again I also bought BF4 on Day One and well, you know.

Top Bottom