• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Worst post ever.

It's not that crazy a suggestion, there are tonnes of great land battles in the prequels/Clone Wars that would be great in BF.

I want both tbh

MADGAME

Anyone else notice in the beginning when the player first steps outside he says incoming Aytee-Aytee instead of pronouncing it AT-AT?

Please tell me no one pronounces each letter when speaking about the walkers!

Sawneeks

Banned
Well that looks better than i expected. Seems really intense and fun. Although i'd still prefer Prequel locations and factions :(

GAF has a weird anti-prequel circle jerk but I totally agree with you . When I heard no Clone Wars I was so disappointed, I love playing as both Droids and Clones.

AR15mex

Oh no you didn't, telling me how to spend my money shame on you. You know just because of you I'll buy the Deluxe Edition! Ha! That'll teach ya.
Gamefly for me

Im not telling how to spend it. Im telling you learn from history... but thats ok man. Developers and publishers need ur money..

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And it looks stellar.

Right?

Who the hell are these blind bats in here? What other multiplayer FPS that is out now has that type of animation, vehicle usage, explosions, and particle effects that feel like that of the films they are made after all in one package?

Please do post them.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone else notice in the beginning when the player first steps outside he says incoming Aytee-Aytee instead of pronouncing it AT-AT?

I'm a lifelong fan and I have always pronounced it Aytee Aytee. Never liked at-at, with my accent it doesn't roll of the tongue easily.

That got me too. Really? Childhood ruined.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm a lifelong fan and I have always pronounced it Aytee Aytee. Never liked at-at, with my accent it doesn't roll of the tongue easily.

Yep. Been saying Aytee Aytee for over 30 years myself. I have heard both.

But you don't say AT-SSSSST, you say Aytee-EssTee. So I always kept it relative.

A_Gorilla

Banned

He pronounced it correctly. Fans who say "At-At" have some kind of mental disorder.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I say aytee-aytee. Saying AT AT sounds dumb.

MADGAME

That is how I pronounce it....

I have quite the diverse set of life experiences. I appreciate all cultures, most belief systems, lifestyles, etc but this is where I draw the line. NOT IN MY STAR WARS :p

That got me too. Really? Childhood ruined.
See, Vinegar Joe gets it.

Do people say @ @ ?
Probably only those who are force-sensitive

joecanada

Im a bit concerned about how many people are just

"day 1"

after the BF4 debacle I thought a more measured response would be coming... seems these companies can do anything they damn well please really.

...and I'm a huge BF fan , like BF3 was my most played game of my life. This is gonna be like 119 canadian for seasons pass for sure.

Jesb

That looked great. They nailed the presentation. Its a shame I just dont have any confidence in this not fucking up online.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Im a bit concerned about how many people are just

"day 1"

after the BF4 debacle I thought a more measured response would be coming... seems these companies can do anything they damn well please really.

...and I'm a huge BF fan , like BF3 was my most played game of my life. This is gonna be like 119 canadian for seasons pass for sure.

Maybe I am optimistic with them learning from their mistakes.
And mainly cause I love Star Wars!

And having Disney backing/Sony marketing could mean better investment on their back end infrastructure.

Markitron

I have quite the diverse set of life experiences. I appreciate all cultures, most belief systems, lifestyles, etc but this is where I draw the line. NOT IN MY STAR WARS :p

See, Vinegar Joe gets it.

Probably only those who are force-sensitive

Nah I'm fairly certain were right :) After all how do you pronounce AT-ST, Atstu? Consistency man!

what is the acronym? why would they repeat AT? why not just Armoured Transport?

All Terrain Armoured Transport IIRC, with the AT ST being the All Terrain Scout Transport

DavidDesu

Looks amazing, sounds ludicrously authentic as well. Nice graphics, especially at 60fps. Saying that online shooters are just not my thing anymore. I get sick of dying over and over.

My only gripe, the scale of the battle was definitely condensed, obviously for practical reasons, but I'd love a game that gave a more wider spread out battlefield. Also, the AT-AT's look about half their to scale size. Snow Speeders looked massive next to them, and when one was brought down, it was just too small..

Minor gripes, I'll probably buy it just because this is Star Wars year, rediscovering my youth and soaking up proper old skool Star Wars vibes. YES!

slapnuts

Such a bummer that there is no intriguing single player campaign. Gosh that totally blows for us single player fanatics.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
as expected doesnt look anywhere near as good as the obviously fake footage they showed previously. half the assets are ripped straight from bf4. looks like they are still using the same awful post aa and AO from bf3. shameful really.

Hoth looked like the Hoth scenes in the reveal to me.

We have yet to see Endor gameplay which really stood out from those Redwoods.

Top Bottom