• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestal

Gold Member
Not to derail too much...

But I just want to say how fucking disgusted I am with "humanity" today. Racist fucks twitting that having a black storm trooper is some sort of "liberlul" Agenda. WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK!?!?!

I hate people who don't know shit about a subject trying to interject political bullshit. Its fucking disgusting.(StormTroopers were later on not only Clones)

Ok *phew*

Back to the subject.. FUCKING HYPE!!!!!

Ecotic

I just noticed they refer to the light side of the force in the trailer. I think that's the first mention of the actual light side. Luke just said 'the good side from the bad' or something to Yoda in ESB.

This one made me chuckle.

2syRLhj.jpg

It's missing the swiss flag man

But I just want to say how fucking disgusted I am with "humanity" today. Racist fucks twitting that having a black storm trooper is some sort of "liberlul" Agenda. WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK!?!?!

I hate people who don't know shit about a subject trying to interject political bullshit. Its fucking disgusting.(StormTroopers were later on not only Clones)

Ok *phew*

I was gonna get mad but decided they aren't worth my energy.

The fact that his skin colour stood out to anyone is just a sign of the ignorance still prevalent today.

When I saw that first shot I was just like "oh hey it's a dude in a stormtrooper uniform"

Alienous

Ok *phew*

It seems like he was impersonating a Storm Trooper. I think there's another shot with a shorter Storm Trooper among others, so that could be Boyega again.

But yeah, ignore the idiot racists.

Skux

Funny that, the OG clone is played by Temuera Morrison, who is Maori.

sqwarlock

Maybe I'm just immature, but I still love dumb lightsaber designs.

I hope they keep pulling out crazy shit to top themselves in this regard.

You're not alone. Crazy lightsaber designs are my weakness. Does it look badass? Is it the opposite of practical/functional? GIMME!

I was gonna get mad but decided they aren't worth my energy.

The fact that his skin colour stood out to anyone is just a sign of the ignorance still prevalent today.

When I saw that first shot I was just like "oh hey it's a dude in a stormtrooper uniform"

That was what I was thinking.

Honestly, I like the original saber design in the trailer. Not that I don't like what people are posting here, but like the sputtering flame look in the original off the sides. I'd like it more though if all 3 blades came out at once though. Maybe like it was a faulty saber? Or the sith who made it tried cranking power up too much?

a916

i think they were made for the wrong reason.
I like how Redlettermedia put it: "Anakin Skywalker is no space jesus"

Darth Vader was a great villain and a fan favourite, which is why they based the entire prequel series about his discovery, rise and fall. Yet, darth is being "made fun of" by imperial officers as well as being bossed around by Tarkin in ANH.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzs-OvfG8tE

"Vader! release him!" - "as you wish..."

Vader is like GoTs hound in ANH. He's the one who does the emperor's dirty work, who goes to fetch the princess (who doesn't have any respect for him either) to get her to Tarkin. The only time he gets respect and isn't talked back is when he chokes someone to death. Even moff Jerjerrod doesn't feel like speeding up the construction of the 2nd death star until Vader informs him that the Emperor would be arriving.
But the hype around his character somehow made it into the prequel lore and all of a sudden he's part of a "prophecy", a messianic figure that causes the downfall of the galactic republic and the rise of the totalitarian empire. ...

He should have focused the Story around Kenobi or maybe Palpatine. Not Vader.

The fact that the sequels don't have this kind of baggage makes me so incredibly optimistic.
I don't blame Lucas. he let the outside world influence his creative process, he got lazy as a director and most of all, prequels are just a bitch to make.

Same goes for the Hobbit trilogy. It's "an epic trilogy" that didn't need to happen like that. We get fanservice as filler and not one good 3 hour long movie that tells the Hobbit in an equal quality that the LotR trilogy was told.

Yeah, I don't get that part either... he calls it a "sad devotion to that ancient religion..." directly to his face with a certain smugness. If he was truly feared, or a leader, why would someone openly mock their leader, let alone one that was supposed to be so evil.

Vestal

Gold Member
Honestly, I like the original saber design in the trailer. Not that I don't like what people are posting here, but like the sputtering flame look in the original off the sides. I'd like it more though if all 3 blades came out at once though. Maybe like it was a faulty saber? Or the sith who made it tried cranking power up too much?

Looks more like an uncontrolled saber, which is prevalent in the KOTOR mythos.

I love everything about this trailer.

The pop-up shot of Boyega.
The girl on the speeder + the design of it.
The adorable new droid.
X-wings flying over water.
The new design of the x-wings.
The new Sith's badass pose and action of pulling out his lightsaber.
The new Sith's badass lightsaber (fuck the haters).
THE MILLENNIUM FALCON'S TRACKING SHOT FFS
and
John Williams's new score.

It's all so good.

I was born in 83 and that being said, NONE of the PT trailers ever got me as hyped as this trailer did for me. Not even the Phantom Menace trailer which probably had the most hype out of the prequel trilogy.

As others have said they nailed the visual style and I'm happy that Abrams learned about his usage of lens flare.

#JJ'swifesavedstarwars :p

Prine

Banned
God damn googly moogly, that is already showing promising signs of the spirit of Star Wars, this is only from the visuals. But like someone said, it looks faithful to the original that the prequals couldn't recapture.

I love everything about this trailer.

The pop-up shot of Boyega.
The girl on the speeder + the design of it.
The adorable new droid.
X-wings flying over water.
The new design of the x-wings.
The new Sith's badass pose and action of pulling out his lightsaber.
The new Sith's badass lightsaber (fuck the haters).
THE MILLENNIUM FALCON'S TRACKING SHOT FFS
and
John Williams's new score.

It's all so good.

Yeah, there's nothing about this trailer I don't like. I think the lightsaber looks awesome, maybe a little bit impractical, but we've only seen it for 3 seconds.

v1lla21

Dudes, I've seen the trailer 16 times already and I can't get over how good it looks. I think this movie will strike the perfect balance between practical and cgi effects. Love the look to it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom